It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man attacked by robber, fights back, is charged with murder

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The Only People who are allowed to defend them selves these days, are goverment empolyees.
Makes me sick.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
/flame retardant armor engaged

Rape, child molestation, DUI/texting+killing someone, Armed robbery etc IMO should be the death penalty anyway.

This guy was beaten badly in the head so the fact he even managed to get to his truck was a miracle. As someone else also stated, tow yards usually only have 1 exit and/or are heavily packed in by vehicles.

None of us know if the bad guy was in between him and his exit or if he'd grabbed the wallet and pointed his gun at the guy, or if there were other people at the yard who might have been in danger if the guy retained possession of his gun. I could go on all day speculating as you all are, until more facts come out we won't know "what he should have done".

On a personal note and not giving a S**T about the above scenarios? If you beat me with a gun, threaten my life or the lives of others and I have an opportunity to take you out I will and sleep well at night after doing it because you are EVIL.

More people should take Ellie Nessler's example to heart and I think criminals (some anyway) would think twice about still being criminals. I'm frankly sick of the criminal always being the vicitm in this country (among soooo many other things). Kill the ones doing the crime and let it be sorted out in the afterlife.

MY life IS worth MORE than his when I am a law abiding citizen who is doing NOTHING wrong but am attacked by a disgusting waste of air who feels it is ok to take whatever he wants including MY LIFE and I did NOTHING to instigate said death threat. So yeah go go truck driver for keeping the rest of us a little bit safer from one repeat offender criminal.

Lil

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

There's plenty of keyboard warriors say that they would "do this, do that" and GH's points are valid(She lives it). She knows more about these types of people more than damn near anyone here. She should be listened to.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

You presume too much.

You dont know anyone here, how could you even possibly say that?

I myself have been in these types of situations- more than likely so have many others.

Dont be so quick to judge "Keyboard Warrior".

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Common Good

You presume too much.

Because she and I both work in Corrections. We KNOW these people. Wanna try again?

If it walks like a duck....

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I want to say things that will get me lots of hate replies. I firmly believe that the tow truck driver was in his right to act as he did. I think of the tow truck driver as the victim and the robber needed to end his right to hurt and hit. Those of you who find the tow truck driver's actions unsavory probably applaud when puppies are drowned.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yes, but the majority of people in that situation probably are not thinking clearly during and after a attack.

I think it because of his history that led to the charge

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Common Good

You presume too much.

I myself have been in these types of situations- more than likely so have many others.

^^ what he/she said, In my life I have been shot at twice and been held hostage at my high school for 45 minutes while teachers tried to talk him down, by a maniac who had been in a mental facility for stabbing his mother 9 times. He held a compass to my throat. When he came at me the next day (yes my school was that bad and I KNEW he'd be back) with a pair of scissors I retaliated in such a way that he left quietly and never came back. This was back in the 70s.

Lil

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

And you are a quackin' .

Good for you- you work in corrections. That must mean you are experts in survival situations.

Me- I was a US Marine- Ive been trained for these types of scenerios. Ive been in these types of scenerios.

Corrections- you have all the power- you are the armed one.
Real life- Not so much.

So I would suggest to you- dont judge people on the boards whom you dont know a damn thing about.

Quack Quack.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Common Good

And you are a quackin' .

Good for you- you work in corrections. That must mean you are experts in survival situations.

Me- I was a US Marine- Ive been trained for these types of scenerios. Ive been in these types of scenerios.

Corrections- you have all the power- you are the armed one.
Real life- Not so much.

So I would suggest to you- dont judge people on the boards whom you dont know a damn thing about.

Quack Quack.

You are out of your element "Marine". You have NO idea what it's like inside. Btw, it's not like the TV shows, GTA5 or Lethal Weapon. @@

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

intrepid

Common Good

You presume too much.

Because she and I both work in Corrections. We KNOW these people. Wanna try again?

If it walks like a duck....

Then you two of ALL of us should KNOW most of these creeps GET OFF on hurting others or ending their lives or being in prison. Even more reason for you to APPLAUD the victim not condemn him... wow I'm kinda shocked atm. If what you have said is an example of our "protectors" then I am in even more fear for my life in a bad situation than ever before, because that means we have NO protectors but ourselves anymore.

Lil

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

There you go again- with your presumtions.

How in the hell do you know where I been or what I seen?

Canada must have some hardcore criminals running around with guns on the inside of your prisons from the way you make it sound.

You are a "Super Moderator" - I would expect better appreciation for other members on this site comming from a moderator.

I expected wrong.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Only certain criminals 'Get Off' on hurting people. They are a very small minority. Anyone who works with criminals will know that their motivations are like anyone else. A robbery has a purpose; to obtain goods to sell = money. Any violence committed is usually to forward that purpose. Once the objective has been achieved, there is no need for further violence.

There are people in this thread that understand this and others that use judgements that are best left for action movies. Being a Marine is completely unconnected and introduces no skills that are relevant in any way to this issue.

edit on 4-1-2014 by spacedog1973 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2014 by spacedog1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Lilroanie
Then you two of ALL of us should KNOW most of these creeps GET OFF on hurting others or ending their lives or being in prison. Even more reason for you to APPLAUD the victim not condemn him...

It's not up to correctional workers to address court proceedings. We're there to house those that are sent there.

wow I'm kinda shocked atm. If what you have said is an example of our "protectors" then I am in even more fear for my life in a bad situation than ever before, because that means we have NO protectors but ourselves anymore.

Lil

Don't break the law and you have nothing to worry about. This guy may have gone from victim to criminal by his actions. Yes, that can easily happen. That's up to the courts to decide. I'm just putting out there a knowledge of criminal behavior. And addressing the attitude of those that have NO idea what they are talking about.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

intrepid

MadHatter364
I can understand he was probably scared and MAYBE took it a little too far, but what was the alternative, let the criminal go?

So the citizenry are now to act as the police? What's next? Blowing a neighbor away if they are doing drugs? "Hell, cops never see it, can't let them get away with that."

Man, the court of public opinion is out of control.

Funny you should mention the police, if the tow truck driver was a cop, this guy would have likely 'commited' suicide while handcuffed in the back seat, or been shot 138 times, but I guess that is OK because the cop has a badge, and the tow truck driver doesn't.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Common Good

There you go again- with your presumtions.

How in the hell do you know where I been or what I seen?

Canada must have some hardcore criminals running around with guns on the inside of your prisons from the way you make it sound.

You are a "Super Moderator" - I would expect better appreciation for other members on this site comming from a moderator.

I expected wrong.

I would appreciate debating the issue...not attacking another for pointing out a differing opinion/experience. If that's all you've got, you have nothing. You should listen, you might learn something. Not the "Marine" way?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedog1973

really?
Did you really just type that ?
hahahaha.
Ignorance runs rampant on this site.

You guys would take the chance of getting killed while "Running away"..
Me- Id make sure that no good bastard was dead.

Corrections officers may like to run away from trouble- but Marines never run away.

So- lets stop this Dk measuring contest- and take this for what it is.
Some ahole tried to rob a working man- and he got killed in the process.
He got what he deserved.

To the Tow Truck Driver(If you are out there)- Glad you are safe- and Im glad your family gets to see you again.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

ATTN: PLEASE

The TOPIC is:

Man attacked by robber, fights back, is charged with murder

It's NOT a bigger Member, background-check, previous experience/assignments competition or debate over the same.
!!

PLEASE focus further replies on the actual topic and information available thus far. !???

Thank You!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

"I would appreciate debating the issue...not attacking another for pointing out a differing opinion/experience."

Comming from you- thats rich.
Werent you the one calling people keyboard warriors, and that you and your other moderator buddy know more about this than anyone else?
Saying people wouldnt do this or wouldnt do that...

I cant debate with ignorance. I can pity it though.
So you have my pity.

Im done with you. I dont feel the need to get thrown off this site for disagreeing with the almighty mod.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Im not sure how dealing with "these types of people" by trained individuals in a controlled environment correlates with average citizen dealing with "these types of people" in a tow yard setting after having their head bashed in. Could you clear that up because I'm not clear what makes you a subject matter expert?
edit on 4-1-2014 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join