It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC: How do we combat 'DUCK DYNASTY' clan from doing what's legal?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

snarky412

Ever since Phil Robertson of “Duck Dynasty” gave an interview with GQ Magazine discussing his views on gay marriage, the folks at MSNBC have been on a tirade against the reality TV star with contributors to the “Lean Forward” network going so far as to say Robertson’s comments are “part of majority white supremacist culture.”

Wait.. you mean the Robertson's are WHITE?!!

When the MSM puts out such ignorant statements like this, it just goes to show that they are the one's that instigate and sensationalize the social issues that transpire in our nation today.

It's hard to believe that we actually take whatever they say as 'gospel'. Well I take that back, those 'Hillbillies' probably do. (That a joke people, please don't flame me!)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The creepy part is that MSNBC thinks they should have some right to stop people from doing legal things just because they don't like those legal things. It falls in with enforcing social conformity where if you don't think, say, or live exactly as I do, you must be doing something wrong even if the law itself doesn't explicitly say so, and, therefore, I have every right to whatever I can to stop you.

Now, I'm not saying this mentality doesn't exist in every ideology because it does, but just because "your side does it too" doesn't make it right. If you really believe in a country based in liberty, then you should be calling this out wherever it's found.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

" MSNBC tries to scare viewer's " LOL LOL LOL ... all 3 or 4 of them.

And these people really get payed for this ?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The conclusion that I've come to is that the type of people at MSNBC are very racist towards rural people. There's no other words to describe the things that they say about "hillbillies" or "rednecks". This is very disparaging behavior on their part. I guess country folk are standing in their way. These people at MSNBC make me sick. I try and like everybody, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, no matter where they are from. There is a war against country culture and has been for a long time. 'They' constantly put out shows like The Beverly Hillbillies to change public opinion. It's propaganda to discredit rural people, or make the populace believe that everyone from these places are stupid, etc..

Didn't the exec's at A&E admit that they put DD on so people could laugh "at them", but was confused when so many stood with them? Doesn't that say it all? When I was younger, I worked in Washington DC and there was hardcore racism geared towards me the second that they found out that I was from WV. They would say stereo-typical lies and things like that. I always stood strong and looked them in the eye, and any chance that I got to make them look like fools, I did. I shattered many ego's while I lived there. lol I made some friends too. But they were from the south and WV as well. LOL

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

they are PHONY hillbillies.

Inheritance money, college degrees, and WENT TO COUNTRY CLUBS!!

I have hillbilly relatives.. NONE of those things are true HILLBILLY

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

HanzHenry

And DailyKos and MSNBC are phony 'news' outlets. Nothing is as it seems.
The Duck Family is entitled to their schtick and to making legitimate money.
They aren't sucking off the taxpayer ... so kudos to them for finding their niche.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

No more phony than a lot of people out here.

What do you think that no one in flyover goes to college, gets an inheritance, plays golf at the local country club?

Now who's showing off their ignorance?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Taken from the OP's quote and source.

But how do you try to combat that? Because, obviously they're within their rights to go ahead and do this. This is all legal.

You don't combat it. It is legal.

What I get is that MSNBC is upset that there is something legal that they don't agree with.

We could turn it around and say, "How do we combat MSNBC? How do we stop them? What they are doing is legal."

And if I did that, I would be accused (and rightly so) of denying free speech to those with whom I disagree with.

But apparently, MSNBC can get away with openly discussing ways to combat free expression.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The best way for us to combat MSNBC is to just cut the cable cord and stop paying them to say stupid stuff.

I really wish cable was a la carte.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Fylgje
The conclusion that I've come to is that the type of people at MSNBC are very racist towards rural people. There's no other words to describe the things that they say about "hillbillies" or "rednecks". This is very disparaging behavior on their part. I guess country folk are standing in their way. These people at MSNBC make me sick. I try and like everybody, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, no matter where they are from. There is a war against country culture and has been for a long time. 'They' constantly put out shows like The Beverly Hillbillies to change public opinion. It's propaganda to discredit rural people, or make the populace believe that everyone from these places are stupid, etc..

I agree. I would replace "racist" with bigoted, but absolutely I am with you. It seems to me that our society has, yet again, simply replaced one scapegoat group with another. Currently the social subgroup viewed with the most contempt in the media in general is the white and poor. I think that men in that category get a bit more flack then women, but overall this group is the only one that it is consistently socially acceptable to make fun of these days. No matter who you are, you can get away with using that group as a punching bag.

In a small group there is always that individual who takes the brunt of the aggression of the pack; and society at large will still manifest the phenomenon, but it is entire races, social-strata, and cultures that fill the role. It is always filled by a person or group that is vulnerable in some way as well. Omega syndrome just doesn't go away does it? It seems hard wired into the human animal. Even when it culminates in too much violence or discrimination and people are forced to actually recognize what they are doing, it simply shifts to another person or group, and the cycle begins again. It is very sad, and I fear, impossible to remove completely from the human experience, but in my view, that is exactly what we are witnessing here.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

ketsuko

What do you think that no one in flyover goes to college, gets an inheritance, plays golf at the local country club?

nope, hillbillies wouldn't be CAUGHT DEAD going into a country club ever.

Real hillbillies HATE rich people and ridicule them.

What do you know?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Well, being a long time resident of the Missouri Ozarks and home of the Hillbilly image as a cool thing (See: Branson), I'd have to disagree there. There is real money back in the hills of this region and hillbilly money is a part of that. Some of those stage performers in Branson are honest to god hillbillies who learned to play a good show for the tourists ..and are now quite wealthy by it. They have a couple very high end golf courses down there too I believe. Country Clubs as well, I'll bet.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

HanzHenry

ketsuko

nope, hillbillies wouldn't be CAUGHT DEAD going into a country club ever.

Real hillbillies HATE rich people and ridicule them.

What do you know?

You are relating personal truth as fact. I Personally have family members from rural Kentucky and guess what they could care less if you are rich or poor. So please stop making large brush strokes with your paint brush of ignorance.

This thread just like the issue it is talking about is filled with people putting personal truth forward as fact. And in reality this is just another non issue for everyone to get worked up about while the real problems go unsolved.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I know who I want to spend the apocalypse with, prolly someone clinging to their religion and their guns.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

HanzHenry
reply to post by Bedlam

Well, let me see here, we are poor white trash and two of my kids went to college,and we were invited to the local country club for Christmas party, but hooptey cars had to be parked off the street as to not trash up the neighborhood, second time my daughter has been invited there.

She cracks me up, she kept whoopin and hollerin during the wedding she went to there, cause she was angry about the parking arrangements.

ahahahha

And I clean up real nice, yes siree bob, you would never know what side of the tracks I live on

eeeeha
edit on 023131p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 023131p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

There hillbilles who made millions of dollars legally. Do you blame them for being successfull? Have they done some injustice by getting rich the American way. Creating a product that folks want to buy & being the best in their business? If Mossberg wants to sell some shotguns with DD slapped all over them, that's between Mossberg & DD. Regardless of the show, or their comments they are still worth millions and earned it legally and above board. Can't say that for all the companies out there can we. Regardless of their views they are a damn successful American company. Calling them hillbilles is an injustice to the real hillbilles who actually live in the damn hills. Kudos to the Robertson clan and their success.
edit on 5-1-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

i am sorry but i got to right it. ISN'T THIS THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK, they were caught making fun og the romney family because their family had adopted an african american child in my opnion microsoft and nbc or their parent company need to shut them down

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

HanzHenry
reply to post by Bedlam

Well, first, they're not hillbillies. They're coonasses, or possibly rednecks. Definitely not Cajuns. There's a difference.

I'M a hillbilly. Born in the Appalachians. Raised there on a farm part of the time, when we weren't on a base. I have more than one college degree. I don't play golf, though. I actually have shoes, and when I work at it, I can get by without saying "ain't" or "nary", or the f bomb, which was the Army's little gift to my vocabulary.

Besides, I'm not sure there's a guide you have to go by. If there is, no one ever gave me my copy.
edit on 5-1-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Wonder if they are concerned about the Hello Kitty guns. If it is about country people wanting guns, they are a bit late.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Coonass and Cajun are the same,wiki

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join