It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More evidence the "Union" is coming to an end.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The obvious indicator is the unprecedented level of Constitutional violations committed by the current administration.

More damning is the virtual silence from the Republicans in response to these violations.

Just as obvious is the republicans have also been guilty of constitutional violations. Even Limbaugh has often stated "the constitution isn't a suicide pact".

The Constitution isn't perfect. Not every contingency could be foreseen by the founding fathers.

A perfect example is the president's "Football". His ability to launch a nuclear strike, theoretically in retaliation to a first strike against the U.S., without congressional approval....an impossibility to achieve in the half hour or so available to respond.

Violations probably started on day two. Yet, they were outweighed by the overall support by the people, and yes, our politicians to that agreement, that pact between us all.

Yet I saved the worst for last. Today, the California Supreme Court ruled that illegal aliens could become lawyers in the state of California. It matters little whether you agree with their decision of not. It is perfectly within their right, constitutionally, to rule as they choose for the state of California.

The agreement, the pact, on our system, or morals, our rule of law just got weaker. More adversarial. More differences in direction.

Another state is enforcing gun registration while others are mandating it a felony to any who try to enforce federal gun laws in their state. More disagreement...divergence.

The point here isn't who is right or wrong, it's the all-time low that the Constitution is held by those in power, not only Federally, but on a state level as well.

it is worthwhile noting that the moves to the left by California and others, are ignored by the feds and those states which move in a direction away from the feds find themselves challenged by the justice department, the ALCU among others. But the truth is, that trend could well reverse after the next election and therefore isn't germane.

Even as a Supporter of a third party, perhaps a "Constitutional Party", I've come to realize that even that won't work. After all, California has the right to mandate gay marriage, or not. Most issues ARE addressed at the state level, per the tenth amendment and the bottom line is not much would change even if the federal gov't was reigned in.

The agreement by the majority is no longer there. it is measured by personal gain, not by personal conviction...or duty.

Dissolve it. Besides, if it no longer exists, there's no entity left to pay the back bills....

Two separate and distinct unions may have a future....

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I figure because of what they all have been doing has now made the current leaders illegitimate and anything they do is now worthless and nullified. Of course they are still moving along and pretending they still have legitimacy.

If people still did duels to the death like they did in Andy Jackson's days, I'll bet quite a few people in DC would be dead and dying already. all except for Obama, who would run and hide because he is the biggest coward in North America, Obama, you are nothing but a gutless yellow pie slinger, not even worthy to be a pig's dog.
And if anyone thinks I am acting this way only because I am safe behind a computer someplace, it isn't true..
I have already offered Obama on several forums to a fight in a boxing ring, because I want to show him and teach him what being a real American is all about.

edit on 4-1-2014 by alienreality because: fix

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I think of the sacrifice. The blood sweat and tears expended for two hundred years...all coming for naught.

I don't know whether to cry or puke.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

nwtrucker

I think of the sacrifice. The blood sweat and tears expended for two hundred years...all coming for naught.

I don't know whether to cry or puke.

Indeed, it is very sobering to see how destructive this administration has been, they have both beat Bush's record by far already.

That latest push and reaffirmation by a SCOTUS and the Obama admin to create a hundred mile "constitution free" zone around the USA is totally illegal and nullified and it's the last and final straw.

I'm not even going to file income taxes anymore.. I am finished with this corrupt administration and corruption in all 3 branches of government..

I am still an American citizen, but those people are not. When they abandoned the US Constitution, and the Bill of Rights, they automatically renounced their US citizenship, not to mention the felonious nature of that 100 mile zone. In doing all of these things, they are guilty of committing a Coup d'état by default, and now they are administering the Coup de grâce with the finishing touches of destruction of our freedom and liberty..

So even if Obama is a true Citizen of America, he definitely is not any more.

We need the entire country of citizens to really put the hammer to these traitorous pigs.

edit on 4-1-2014 by alienreality because: add

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
...Just give up... LoL.
I for one keep my constitution close and my friends closer.
We will not be fiving up any time soon, nor will a bunch more.
If we give in the bad guys win, and we cannot let that happen without spilling all of their blood that we possibly can.
After all, our founding Fathers and their lineage did not just give in did they?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

If you carry that thought further , we would then have 50 Sovereign Country States with no Affiliation to a Central Federal Governing Authority . For some reason , that might Not be a Bad Idea to some People Right Now . Each State Governs themselves with Laws that Only apply within their states Boarders.......Hmm...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The states of your nation and of mine didn't federalise in order to give up their self determined right to govern themselves. Government has gotten too large. The more you centralise power the more corrupt it becomes.

I seem to be in the minority in this modern world but I am much more patriotic about my state (and the community within it I actually live and work with every day) than to my nation (which often makes decisions that goes against everything I stand for).

Nations are just tools of the elite to keep people divided and at odds with one another.

Communities governing themselves in a loose but peaceful manner would be ideal. When we wake up and topple the criminals in charge of this world and put the power in the hands of our mums and dads things will improve exponentially.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Don't forget the application, by the administration, to the Supreme Court to allow international "agreements" to trump the Constitution.....

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Each full autonomy for the 50 or those states wishing to return to the original Constitution could form a new and reduced sized union. The rest can do whatever they want...among themselves.

There's less problem here with a "nation". Probably due to the perception that this one, in it's day was about as good as it gets....

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Just giving up?? Or a recognition that one is getting punched in the head harder and faster than ever.

That the good fight isn't working.

No matter how this goes, there will be areas, individuals and groups, that survive and cling to those ideals. That's a given, IMO.

This is "try a different approach". Not giving up.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

just read gibbon's decline and fall of the roman empire- by his standards obama is a tyrant and so was clinton, and even reagan. IMO

top topics

join