It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Suspend Objects in Midair with Soundwaves and move them around like tiny UFO's

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Imagewerx

Video footage shows four speakers arranged around a square platform. The speakers emit supersonic sound waves,undetectable to human ears. They converge with such a powerful vibrating force at the center of the table, that they can lift drops of water and small beads into the air and guide them around like tiny UFOs.

What on earth is supersonic sound? How can sound travel at a speed faster than the speed of sound?

Journalists rarely get technical articles correct. In times long past, more MSM outlets had science editors, and that sort of thing wouldn't have gone to print. These days it just has to pass the spellcheck. Sometimes.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is pretty awesome stuff! Thanks for posting OP.

I was thinking earlier today, has anyone experimented with opposite rotating magnetic gyroscopes? Could they produce the same effects? I could not find anything about this outlandish suggestion with Google.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

TiM3LoRd

Imagewerx

Video footage shows four speakers arranged around a square platform. The speakers emit supersonic sound waves,undetectable to human ears. They converge with such a powerful vibrating force at the center of the table, that they can lift drops of water and small beads into the air and guide them around like tiny UFOs.

What on earth is supersonic sound? How can sound travel at a speed faster than the speed of sound?
edit on 5-1-2014 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

I think they mean beyond human hearing

In which case he/she should do a bit of research and use "ultrasonic" instead.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Bedlam

Imagewerx

Journalists rarely get technical articles correct. In times long past, more MSM outlets had science editors, and that sort of thing wouldn't have gone to print. These days it just has to pass the spellcheck. Sometimes.

They start 'em VERY young these days.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

It would work, and putting aside that whole moving big objects around. I suppose people just get caught on the big stuff, it would be pretty impressive to move big rocks around "i suppose" but really in the micro is were this would really be very much more effective and , and from there the macro. In something like electronics and other such mediums this would be much more effective and practical, even in that vid there moving around a bunch of small electronic parts. I think if they put a bunch of people in a room they would find a bunch of ways something like this might be used and have promises, a lot of which would be right under there noses.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Bedlam

Imagewerx

Great post. Worthy of multiple stars. Sorry I could only give you one.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Dont they have science classes in high school now a days? I rember doing stuff like this 30 years agaio.
Come on any one who ever walks into a LOUD consert can feal the sound waves as they push you.
Big deal science could have done this 100 years agaio.
UFOS? not likly Hover board? soory nope way to much energy needed to produce the leavels of sound needed. Its nothing but a bunch of board Geeks I could do this in my garage .
ps we also did these kind of things with Nothing but compressed Air .

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yeah this is amazing. this seems like something we could really use. instead of the mythocial "clean tech"

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Thats what I was thinking of.

Explains stuff like the pyramids and other such related anomalies of the ancient world.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

arcturus7
reply to post by six67seven

Thats what I was thinking of.

Explains stuff like the pyramids and other such related anomalies of the ancient world.

Although there might have been some technology utilizing harmonic frequency in the past I doubt this tech was used to move tons of stone. It would have been grossly inefficient.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Think of all the applications this could be used for. Probably more useful on a small scale since anything large would require a tremendous amount of energy...probably more than moving something the old fashioned way.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

midnightstar
Dont they have science classes in high school now a days? I rember doing stuff like this 30 years agaio.
Come on any one who ever walks into a LOUD consert can feal the sound waves as they push you.
Big deal science could have done this 100 years agaio.
UFOS? not likly Hover board? soory nope way to much energy needed to produce the leavels of sound needed. Its nothing but a bunch of board Geeks I could do this in my garage .
ps we also did these kind of things with Nothing but compressed Air .

Well, the issue is that "Cymatics" has resurfaced in the past several years as some "super ultra secret."

Im glad that they have finally moved into 3d space. Still wondering how long it will take until its realized that this type of thing isnt explicit to sound waves, but can manifest in many wave functions that we see on a daily basis.

Thatll really blow their minds!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Spader
But an incredible video, can you imagine what it would feel like with that sound pointed at you?

Great point. I immediately thought of LRAD. There's the saying that nothing is ever invented or receives funding unless it can be used by the military. I'm sure this tech is already being used in all sorts of surprising ways..

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Wow, that's amazing!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join