It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Suspend Objects in Midair with Soundwaves and move them around like tiny UFO's

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Video footage shows four speakers arranged around a square platform. The speakers emit supersonic sound waves, undetectable to human ears. They converge with such a powerful vibrating force at the center of the table, that they can lift drops of water and small beads into the air and guide them around like tiny UFOs.

Scientists think the levitation technique could herald a new method of moving objects remotely.

Scientists Suspend Objects in Midair with Soundwaves and move them around like tiny UFO's

This looks very impressive and the cimatic shapes created on the metal plate is itching a memory in my mind that I just cant seem to scratch. Its not the normal symbols and shaped created when harmonic frequencies are played its 3D.

The video also explains in more simple terms how the tech works.

I wonder how much energy would be required to produce thrust. I want my hover board man.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Wondering now if the same sound waves, generated from INSIDE and projected just outside of an object to envelop it, would produce similar lift...hmmm.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
That's amazing. S&F

Wondering how this could be applied to larger, heavier objects. Perhaps aircraft. Fake UfO's and other unexplainable illusions.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Impressive!

Ancient technology is making a comeback.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
1:00 mark, OMG

I always wanted to actually see how sound wave look like, just freakin' brilliant.
Thank you OP a thousand times!
edit on 3-1-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I was so blown away by this video I have watched it about 20 times since I posted this just because its just such an insane concept. Did you see the little foam particles cluster together in slow motion.

Why do i keep thinking of electrons and atoms when I look at this video?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Shoot ! I just posted a new thread on this very same subject in the science& technology forum, and this one just popped up in the ATS live section the second i had posted mine

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Can it somehow be merged with this one or how does ATS handle this ''double post'' ?
edit on 3-1-2014 by Alundra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Alundra
Shoot ! I just posted a new thread on this very same subject in the science& technology forum, and this one just popped up in the ATS live section the second i had posted mine

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Can it somehow be merged with this one or how does ATS handle this ''double post'' ?
edit on 3-1-2014 by Alundra because: (no reason given)

Yeah I dont think they can be merged The one posted first usually stays up and the other one gets closed down...BUT.. since this was posted in breaking news and yours was posted in the science forum I cant see why they both cant stay open.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
That is awesome!!!

I wonder would that work in a vacuum??? My first thought says no but I am tired and not up to thinking in depth about it.

However if it could work then this would have applications in space. Forget the robot arm we will sound blast it.... errr

Aww crap I just answered my own question. They cant hear you scream in space. Nevermind.

My other thought on this is I wonder what effect this could have on a smelting process with metals. I wonder if it could get the molecules to line up different. I read years ago that when aluminum is smelted in Zero G it has a effect of strengthening the metal.

I know this isn't Zero G but I still wonder if it would have a similar effect.

It is something new now lets see what kind of practical application it can have.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Grimpachi
That is awesome!!!

I wonder would that work in a vacuum??? My first thought says no but I am tired and not up to thinking in depth about it.

However if it could work then this would have applications in space. Forget the robot arm we will sound blast it.... errr

Aww crap I just answered my own question. They cant hear you scream in space. Nevermind.

My other thought on this is I wonder what effect this could have on a smelting process with metals. I wonder if it could get the molecules to line up different. I read years ago that when aluminum is smelted in Zero G it has a effect of strengthening the metal.

I know this isn't Zero G but I still wonder if it would have a similar effect.

It is something new now lets see what kind of practical application it can have.

I like the way you think.

I wonder if we could use this in the construction of nano particles. Would require very precise tuning but you never know.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Thank you very much for posting the video...very interesting.....

I wonder what would happen if one was to put a live critter into the focal point???...say an ant...if it survived????.....how far could one go with this?????

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

OK, I guess it can't hurt to have the same thread within different sections here on ATS

Interesting to see the "style" of replies in both forums , will they be similar or much different ?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

And to think that people don't believe that group chanting can lift stones....

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Is it just me or does it seem like the four phased array they have in this video is a highly inefficient design. Wouldn't 4 conical speakers set inside a sphere make more sense and produce a stronger effect?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Now lets see them apply the same technique to electromagnetic fields and see what can be made to happen.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Is this anything like or related to The Hutchison Effect?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Ohhhh MY God...

As if we didn t have enough tech to make the world a better place for everything....

I must stress that i am kind of a tech freak but getting tired of civilisations rapid downfall at the cost of earth and earthlings....

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Laser trapping works in vacuum, and I find it way cooler than sound wave trapping.
edit on 3-1-2014 by Provosky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It is an interesting area of science and isn't a new phenomenon.

There is research making tunable lasers from metallic grains using sound waves. A thread I started about it a while ago.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

a new method of moving objects remotely

New? I think not. It's all starting to come back to me now...

Nice find. F&S

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join