It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you convince people that don't believe in angels,demons,ghosts,shadow people etc?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
How do you convince people that don't believe in angels,demons,ghosts,shadow people etc? Who knows?
Bad dreams. Wild imaginations. What you ate yesterday.
I've never seen an angel or demon so I find it hard to believe in them. What evidence can you present to a non-believer to convince them of the existence of said entities?

I don't really believe in them but I keep an open mind to the unknown.

What evidence can you present to a hard line skeptic that these entities exist?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

maybe a you tube video from the royal society or other such institutional scientific body, but ,of course the you tube video would have to be fully peer reviewed and have at least two non reciprocal links to 50% of the worlds medias news websites, plus an article in time , with link

funBox

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You could show them proof.. But none exists.

So in short, you probably can't.

I'm open minded as well, and if I ever saw PROOF I would change the direction of belief I currently lean toward, which is that humans have great imaginations.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

so a peer reviewed youtube video from the royal society showing shadow people , under lavatory conditions, in test tubes and in or on agar jelly plates... this release wouldn't convince?

supriseBox

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Well if your belief is predicated on empirical evidence then I think you answered your own question
I'm in the same ghost ship. Bad joke.

I'd say most of these don't have evidence per se. Perhaps evidence for something. But how do we know the video captures or eye witness accounts are really for demons and not ghosts, or aliens and not angels? These are all manmade ideas to explain the unknown, and what we are seeing (assuming these accounts a legit) are of the unknown. I think all we can really surmise is that people sometimes get a glimpse of something truly unknown to us. Wether that's spirits or aliens or something wholly transcendent to anything we have thought of I have no idea.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

John_Rodger_Cornman
How do you convince people that don't believe in angels,demons,ghosts,shadow people etc? Who knows?
I've never seen an angel or demon so I find it hard to believe in them. What evidence can you present to a non-believer to convince them of the existence of said entities?

There is no evidence to be shown and only you should truly convince yourself of these things, no one else should do this for you but many will try to shape your mind.
Trying to convince people of anything is form of mind control and influence. Influence is not a 'bad' thing either if people are sincere and transparent in their intent.
If you want angels and demons you get that, if you want SpongeBob square pants you can get that.
Since you have experienced a polar existence most likely sprinkled with religious dogma, chances are you might perceive the good guys and bad guys lol. But I know nothing, this is just my thoughts on the matter.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

Trying to convince people of anything is form of mind control

Surely there is some space prior to that we would call persuasion.

If you want angels and demons you get that, if you want SpongeBob square pants you can get that.
Since you have experienced a polar existence most likely sprinkled with religious dogma

I agree if I understand you right. We see evidence for something and then define it with our preconceived constructs, but do so most likely in error. I.E. a devout religious person might see demons in the 'evidence' whereas someone else sees Shadow People, etc.
edit on 3-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I was talking to someone who said," you know when the sun shines through the clouds at just the right moment, you just know" . He was talking about God. Another person said," Christianity is the only religion that is complete". I haven't studied religion or other religions, but I used to ask myself a lot " why are we here, why is everything in a perfect equilibrium". Like the trees and plants make oxygen and we need oxygen to breathe. And the insides of the body are very complex, the digestive system , the nervous system and the vision system.

I don't really believe in evolution, cause say you are a single called organism, how do you simply evolve eyes to see or ears to hear? Nature and survival of the fittest, but with all these different animals eating each other , how did they even get that advanced to survive or be here? DNA causes birth in the same species and then they are just here on earth with every body else.

If you ask yourself some serious questions that we don't really have the answer too. You have to keep an open mind and have the right attitude, if your sarcastic or angry or have a foundation in science it might be harder to let yourself go and have faith in things. There are aetheists here and they go back and forth with the religious, and try to "test " them. If you have your own beliefs whatever they may be or whatever religion you subscribe to or lack of one, sometimes you need to have firm foundations.

I keep an open mind and believe in something, but I have no evidence of anything supernatural. I think every bodies got to make their mind up for themselves.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Why would you even try? Since somehow a person will either believe or make it up anyways. So much crap out there starting to think everything is wrong.

Once someone places something as fact inside their head, it stays there as a fact. There are no known Facts, just another persons view of how it is really. Someone reads a book, see something out of the side of their eye and you mind then goes about making it a fact so it can say to itself. I understand.

Once you think you understand it, then you place it in one of them Boxes and never actually look into it again. Forgotten or say the down side; you actually make that stuff happen, in your head anyways!

So theres a dark side to things, why would there not be? Yet sometimes them dark things that pop up from time to time is to show you something you might have not considered. Then your ego gets carried away and takes a step back calling it bad and places itself into safe mode.

Unless you yourself starts asking questions before placing it in some box. Take a good look at it, feel it, see what is there before you. Still though, people see what they want to see and no body can change that for them.

Really, to go about telling someone these things do exist just means they exist in your mind. Then again, who really knows what hidding in that closet!

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread991006/pg1#pid17386316]post by
Surely there is some space prior to that we would call persuasion.

Influence becomes manipulation when there are 'hidden' agendas in play. Humans are biological machines that follow patterns, it is in our nature to herd or be herded. This is not a fact this is just what I have observed through my experience.

I agree if I understand you right. We see evidence for something and then define it with our preconceived constructs, but do so most likely in error. I.E. a devout religious person might see demons in the 'evidence' whereas someone else sees Shadow People, etc.
edit on 3-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

This is exactly what I was trying to articulate. The brain can only convert 'raw data' to be interpreted by what is already existing within its 'operating system'.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I don't think you can convince people that are just set on not believing. You could see if they are interested in looking at claimed evidence so they can decide for themselves, as there's a lot out there but mainstream science has a hard time explaining it as proof of anything or at least what was presented to them. Then there's research: Proof of psychic powers of humankind discovered by Princeton researchers You could also invite them on an investigation or just check out a "haunted" location.

I've talked to a few people that were skeptics of the paranormal, until they encounter a frightening apparition that they could not explain. Personally I'm a skeptic to a point, as I've experienced quite a few tings but I still rule out anything else, debunking before I can accept even a bit.

My conclusion is from experience and a slight bit from research and things presented from investigations through the years and the many that are currently being worked on to even human consciousness(Singularity).

Angels that would be more belief in faith or something they'd have to experience then interest into a vision of such a thing. In that case and with both, angels and the paranormal they might just have to experience their own reality of it. Maybe it's supposed to be that way.
edit on 3-1-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I talked to a bunch of just everyday people in the real world. Most people strongly believe in religion and things like angels and demons. In everyday life you can look at things with your conchunsis. I spelled that wrong. The angel and demon on your shoulders that tell you to do things. The bad and the good. Most people are just normal and live normal lives, but every so often you hear about some monster in the paper who killed a bunch of people or kids. Would you consider them a demon? Or gave into demonic urges? Certain people are just considered " evil".

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

How do you convince people that don't believe in angels,demons,ghosts,shadow people etc?

I don't. I don't see it as my job to try and convince somebody what their beliefs should be.

When it comes to religion, politics, and the paranormal people will either be open-minded, or not.

We all have a right to our own beliefs, and I am not about to change mine just because somebody else thinks they are wrong.

I won't try to change yours, either. I will present you with a few things to consider, if you're interested, tho.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
All of that pretty much comes down to personal experience. No matter how real a person tells you that something they have seen it is not real to you. Now if you, lets say, were in a haunted house and you had the bed move and doors open and things fly around with all kind of noises right in front of your face, then I would bet that you would start believing.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'd say you don't bother.

How do you convince someone that WTC#7 was a deliberate demolition and probably the most damning evidence of 9/11 being an inside job? Show them the BBC footage of reporting it's falling 20 minutes before it occurred? It doesn't work.

People who need convincing of things would be better served figuring it out themselves. At some point reality breaks through any illusion. Let sleeping dogs lie...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
How would you convince someone?

How would I convince someone that I purchased a new car?
I'd show them.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

John_Rodger_Cornman

By their very nature these beings are not concrete. So how can anyone present physical evidence ? The only way would be for the skeptic to experience it directly.

So , perhaps you could find an unscrupulous occultist or with-doctor preferably somewhere in Africa or South America and get them to bring a demon into your psyche. You will probably not survive it (at least not mentally) and the experiment will fail. Alternatively you might opt for a kinder entity but will then put it all down to the potion they gave you or the mantra they sang which put you in trance and the experiment will fail again.

I hope you see my point. There have been many skeptics who were willing to put their life or sanity on the line. Are you willing to do this ?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

If you are desparate to know, you can try contacting them. But know that there is a conflict raging between the angels loyal to Jesus and the rebels loyal to Satan.

Ive seen these entities for myself, so I know God and Satan are real. Once contact is established, only faith in Jesus Christ can protect you from the demons.

So you can try contacting them if you must know, but understand that without Christ, you are potentially facing something worse than death.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

Ive seen these entities for myself, so I know God and Satan are real.

So in the spirit of my earlier post, how do you know what you saw wasn't aliens or ghosts? Or entities of a different religion for that matter.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well with ET there is a plethora of documents, interviews, interesting pictures and videos and eyewitness accounts and evidence of cover ups and on and on. With Demons, there isn't quite so much evidence or information or data or any of that. Share the cases, the interviews the videos. What is your best proof of or most compelling evidence for demons or ghosts or whatever. I would consider myself skeptical and a non believer in demons and ghosts but...I'm open minded.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join