It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healing through mind - possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hi guys, has anyone had any experience with healing through mind? Perhaps through quantum touch, matrix energetics, etc.?
Btw, do you think this guy is legit? He claims he can change physical appearance of people as well, I wonder if it works. According to pictures and testimonials it seems like it does, but who knows.
www.josephpiercefarrell.com...

Main question: Has anyone managed to heal their scars through mind? Improve their appearance? Thank you.
edit on 3-1-2014 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

Even the Navajo, who have very strong beliefs in words having a near spiritual/magical power to influence reality (ie. even if someone is dying of cancer, you don't state that they are dying because that's condemning them to death), do not engage in attempting to heal an injury or illness through thought alone. Medicine men still use medicinal herbs for treatment and frequently work in conjunction with local doctors/hospitals.

Ergo, my takeaway is this--if an actual tribe who believes that words have infinite power still uses medicines and whatnot for healing, then others should probably do so, too.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yep, I've felt the touch of a healer. It's really quite remarkable. No scars or appearance issues though.

www.deanradin.com...

edit on 3-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
You can heal with your mind, it has nothing to do with quantum Physics though. It has to do with happiness and a feeling that you are worthy to yourself. It is about chemistry and electrical energy flowing in the proper ways. Healing is real, but there is a lot to it. It can only do so much though and it is not always fast, it takes months sometimes. But in a lot of cases it can work.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I've undergone Reiki, which is a form of energy healing, and have had great success unmatched by traditional medicine for the same maladies.

With that said, how much of it is based in science and how much on the power of suggestion or openness to accepting the validity of the treatment? I can't definitely say and can only speak of my own experiences. There is definitely a very pronounced feeling of heat radiating from the Reiki Master's hands throughout the healing sessions and she/he was always able to hone in on my problem areas without the slightest hint from me. Additionally, when each session was over, I felt noticeably better and would remain better for a significant length of time. I have experienced great success through this type of treatment, but would view it as a part of an overall health treatment strategy as opposed to being a total replacement. I feel that there's the need for both depending on the situation and severity of the illness.

Also, I never experienced any physical transformation such as the eradication of a scar or change in physical appearance.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Is that not how the placebo effect works? Healing by belief? Now if we could only figure out how we do it, and amplify the effect, as well as making it easier for others to engage in.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

timidgal

I've undergone Reiki, which is a form of energy healing, and have had great success unmatched by traditional medicine for the same maladies.

With that said, how much of it is based in science and how much on the power of suggestion or openness to accepting the validity of the treatment? I can't definitely say and can only speak of my own experiences. There is definitely a very pronounced feeling of heat radiating from the Reiki Master's hands throughout the healing sessions and she/he was always able to hone in on my problem areas without the slightest hint from me. Additionally, when each session was over, I felt noticeably better and would remain better for a significant length of time. I have experienced great success through this type of treatment, but would view it as a part of an overall health treatment strategy as opposed to being a total replacement. I feel that there's the need for both depending on the situation and severity of the illness.

Also, I never experienced any physical transformation such as the eradication of a scar or change in physical appearance.

Depends on if the Reiki Master is a empath or not if he/she move his/her hands to the right area. The energy flows anyway to where it does the most benefit so it is really not an issue except maybe being effective time wise. If I remember correctly the physical feelings range from cold to heat and sometimes throbbing. I am a newbi at doing it myself on myself and others in my family. I noticed that one person I did it on have issues with relaxing and that makes the person less able to feel the flow. In this case audio relaxing stimulation helped.

It has to do with chakras and a skilled meditator can have the same effect without the laying of hands in specific places.

This has to do with maximizing the bodies natural healing capability thru the placebo effect. From my point of view faith healing in churches is the same spiritual energy creating mind over matter.

edit on 3-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I've done it for many, many years with my pets. Always had good results, too.

Don't know many people that believe in such things, but have found it works on those willing to give it a chance.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Healing by mind has already been proven Scientifically! It is the Placebo effect and has been extensively studied. I've never heard of a study related to scarring however. There are other studies that confirm a fake improved appearance (placebo) led to greater actual attractiveness. Considered to be caused by subtle cues people project, see and interpret unconsciously.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I posted this on a similar thread a long time ago,I will describe my situation but I don't know if it's the same as what your asking. About 15 years ago I slipped a disc in my back, had it x rayed , it was a slipped disc between my number 5 and 6 vertebrae and was pinching the radius nerve in my left arm. The radius nerve is where feeling to your thumb, forefinger and middle finger are at. The pain was crippling , there were times when I would be walking down the street and I would just all of a sudden fall to the ground in agonizing pain. All of the people that I knew who had back problems tools me, " never let them cut you, never let them do surgery on you." Well that wasn't a problem I had no insurance, so I had no choice but to deal with the pain.

The first two years, I walked around literally holding the disc in place to alleviate the pain. Basically what was happening to me was that the muscles in my back would tense up further pinching the nerve causing ever increasing amounts of pain. Every time the muscles got more tense the nerve was punched tighter and the pain. would get worse.

What I started doing was at night I would put a heating pad underneath my back, and through some friends I would have to get a couple weeks supply of 5 milligram valium, and take two of those a night for a couple of weeks, until the muscles in my back, would relax enough to release from pinching the nerve in my back. Valium was very hard to come by, back in early 2000, although doctors were perfectly willing to give me a lifetime supply of vicodin , I didn't want the vicodin for two reasons. Number 1 was that I read a report that vicodin destroys your kidneys, and I like being able to pee. Number 2 vicodin is a pain killer, and pain killers only mask the problem whereas muscle relaxers like valium, do exactly that they would relax the muscles in my back, which would relieve the nerve in my back, and the nerve wasn't being pinched anymore.

Finally after I got to the point where the pain was relieved, I started to feel physically normal again, however if I sneezed or coughed real hard the disc would pop back out of place and I would be right back where I started. So I had to walk around being very careful of what I did. Eventually after having long periods of time without the disc popping out of place, it happened less and less frequently. And after about 7 years it stopped happening altogether.

Then shortly after I got to that point, I seen a news article that was stating that every seven years the bones in your body regenerate, but I didn't have broken bones, but I assumed at the time that because I was living proof that the body can regenerate itself from such an awful injury that was the type of thing I had experienced. Which is that over a period of time, with patience, faith and belief that your body can heal itself from just about anything, but anyway that's my story about the mind healing the body, and I have no choice but to believe it because I'm still living pain free to this day.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
if you look it up there is actually ways to heal yourself at will through meditation

top topics

join