It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2002 @ 12:26 PM
link   
i'm surprised no one has made a topic about this movie yet. i saw it last night and i thought it was great. i'd definately recommend you all go see it. m. night shyamalan is a genius.

posted on Aug, 6 2002 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yea, I thought it was great and I really hadn't liked his previous movies before.

posted on Aug, 6 2002 @ 03:13 PM
link   
"Signs, signs, everywhere a sign, blocking out the scenery, breaking my mind. Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?

Sign said long hair freaky people need not apply. So I tucked up my hair under my hat, and I went in to ask him why, he said you look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you'll do. So I took my hair from under my hat and said imagine that, heh, me, working for you!

Signs, signs, everywhere a sign, blocking out the scenery, breaking my mind. Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?

Sign said any trespasser would be shot on sight. So I jumped on the fence and I yelled to the house, Hey! What gives you the right! You built this fence to keep me out, but to keep mother nature in. If God was here he'd tell it to your face, man, your some kind of sinner.

Signs, signs, everywhere a sign, blocking out the scenery, breaking my mind. Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?

Now hey you mister can't you read? Got to have a shirt and tie to get a seat. You can't watch no you can't eat. You ain't suppose to be here. Sign said, got to have a member ship card to get inside. UH!

The sign said everybody welcome, comein kneel down and pray. When they passed the plate at the end of it all, I didn't have a penny to pay. So I got me a pen and a paper, and I made my own little sign. I said thank you lord for thinking about me, I'm alive and doing fine.

Signs, signs, everywhere a sign, blocking out the scenery, breaking my mind. Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?" 5 Man Electrical Band with "Signs"

Great song.
Just thought I'd put it here under signs. u2u if you like or hate it. Or if you want me to delete it. I don't care. I know this song by heart, so unlike Funny Farm, it only took me about 5 minutes.

posted on Aug, 24 2002 @ 09:03 PM
link   
yeah i just saw the movie last nite. great movie is was. it has alot of suspense and a bit of humor. GREAT story telling. kinda brings a new view of the alien conspiracy/enigma to the 'general public'.

additional comments that may contain spoilers to the movie:

the movie kinda makes more sense of crop-circles. lets say that humans cannot confirm that crop-circles are either hoaxes or alien in origin. the theories in this movie explains the cropcircle phenomenom very well. they are basically nav points for the e.t.'s to use. at the end of the movie, UFOs appear all over the world with mass sightings. the aliens have not come to invade but have came to "harvest" us. has this "harvest" happened before in reality? what exactly happened to the Egyptians, the Aztecs and other great past civilizations? and why do these civilizations seem to be so interested/obsessed with the calendar and date? did these past civilizations anticipate the next "harvest"? were people of these civilizations "harvested"?

just some questions that the movie brings up.

posted on Aug, 24 2002 @ 11:12 PM
link   
What happened to the Egyptians and Aztecs and so forth? That's easy, and it's a matter of historical record. Overextended their power, had a succession of weak rulers, stronger nation came in and took them over.

No aliens. Nothing unexplainable. Just the terribly efficient Romans and the terribly gold-hungry Spaniards.

posted on Aug, 25 2002 @ 12:55 AM
link   
As far as Egyptians go, even when temporarily ruled by forieners, they still maintained their own indigenous culture. Even after Alexander the Great conquered Egypt for Greece, the Ptolomic rulers immersed themselves in the Egyptian culture. It woasn't until later that they lost their culture to a bewildering array of conquerers.

As far as the Aztecs go, they were already mentally & spiritually defeated before the Spaniards showed up; They were already convinced that they were nearing the end of their Fourth Age. Combining a few supposed simularities between the appearance of the Spaniards & their own religious prophecies, they more or less defeated themselves; Also, you must also realize that many of Montezuma's political rivals from tribes & cities that *his* city conquered long before actually allied with the Spaniards too.

posted on Aug, 25 2002 @ 07:56 PM
link   
i know that movie rocked,
lets hope it dosent happen, otherwise get a gas mask and a CPS-2000 and blast some alien butt... or whatever they have at the place
. And the newest defense contractor of weapons on earth is... Super Soaker!!!!!

[Edited on 8/26/2002 by necro99]

posted on Aug, 27 2002 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Have you heard of this new crop circle formation?

www.earthfiles.com...

Also, on Whitley Strieber web site, there is also an interesting 3 hour radio program on crop circles that you may find interesting:

www.live365.com...
(august 24)

posted on Aug, 27 2002 @ 12:23 PM
link   
very good movie.

one thought...

the aliens should have brought rain coats!

posted on Aug, 27 2002 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by necro99

otherwise get a gas mask

[Edited on 8/26/2002 by necro99]

It's better to use an anti-gaz mask, believe me. If you want to use a gaz mask, you'll be in troubles.

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I loved the bit where the homevideo shows the alien walking across the alley way and he turns and gives the ZOOLANDER face to the kids

" Its hard being being really,really,really, really extra-terrestrially goodlooking"

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 05:27 PM
link   
lol ezekial! yeah that homevideo was a bit of a shock as it looked really really really really really really real lookin

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
if aliens were hurt by water they obvioulsy aint very intelligent coming here hmmm i know lets go wheres theres tons of water. i think in signs they were aliens they were just children of the corn

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
lol there are so many threads on this movie....the only thing that bothers me is that the aliens are so buff yet can break through a door??

ID

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   

lol there are so many threads on this movie....the only thing that bothers me is that the aliens are so buff yet can break through a door??

or defend against a minor league baseball player with a bat, but they have the strength to jump onto roofs. Something about that doesn't make sense.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
lol yeah never thought about that scene when hes beating him. o well i didnt like sixth sense too much it was all hype

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cerberus

5 Man Electrical Band with "Signs"

Great song.
Just thought I'd put it here under signs. u2u if you like or hate it. Or if you want me to delete it. I don't care. I know this song by heart, so unlike Funny Farm, it only took me about 5 minutes.

i thought tesla did that song?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think you're all crazy, that movie was terrible. Hey we're some aliens who have mastered inter-stellar space travel perhaps even inter-galatic but oh damn we can't figure out how to get though this wooden door, haha it got locked in a kitchen. Also it would be a good idea for us aliens to go to a planet that is 75% water seeing as how we're fatally allergic to very small amounts of it.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Are we talking about the film that starred Mel Gibson. I quite enjoyed it, but I found it a bit slow at the start.

I would love to be able to stand, or sit in a crop circle. One of the genuine crop circles not one done by circle makers and hoaxers.

The true circles have magnetic properties. I am curious how it would affect my damaged nervous system.

top topics

join