It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Second Amendment supporters also support Irans right to protect itself with nuclear weapons?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Every nation has the right to self defense. Iran is well within it's rights to develop a nuclear weapons program. Nuclear weapons are not offensive weapons....they are defensive. Mutually assured destruction doctrine. Given the Israelis pathological need to dominate the region, I believe that they would be remiss in their duty to their people if they didn't.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

the two have no similarity a gun man with a rifle is not going to be able to use that gun to destroy a city of 10 million people but i can understand a country wanting to defend itself , but iran has made plenty of threats that they wanted to wipe another country off the map. and i would never feel a theocracy whether it was a christian or a muslin ruled country should have a nuke.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

Could you please provide a link for your map wiping accusations?

There was this internet rumor that Iran does have some awesome real estate, natural resources and ancient stuff greedy lil fingers would like to grasp.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Ok, I'd like to make people look at a different angle here about Nukes and perhaps open their minds to another alternative.

It's been what...almost 70 years now since the US supposedly developed nukes right? In what reality does it even make sense that not every country on the planet has them by now? Are all scientists in all other countries not as smart as those in America/Russia/India etc??

In fact, if you dive down the rabbit hole of Nuclear Weapons, you'll find more evidence that they're a giant hoax than reality.

I could go on forever about the inconsistencies of the Manhattan Project all day. The basic point I'll make here is that Nukes are a scam and just don't exist in physical form. What better way to milk money from your citizens than scaring the bejesus outta them with total world annihilation??

I won't get into a long diatribe about why it's a scam. Those of you who are interested can do some research on YT about it where there are very compelling videos. Some of the newest ones show that all photos, video of "Fat Man" and "Little Boy" are faked. Some also have rare snippets from Oppenheimer himself stating that Nuclear type weapons just aren't feasible, as well as statements from lead scientists who were a part of the Manhattan Project.

A really good rabbit hole for those who are looking for something a bit different to whet their appetites.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I'm late to the thread, but I dunno what 2nd Amendment supporters think, since this is not a domestic but an international issue. A right to equally and adequately defend? I'm sure most people fall under the "Iran is a threat" versus a defense issue.

What I do know, however, is that Iran having a nuke would level the playing field, insofar as Israel is concerned.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Freeborn
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I'd love to debate Sunni / Shia tenets, Ahmadinejad and his personal beliefs about The Mahdi, Rouhani and the 'conservatives', Iranian society and internal structure and issues etc but that's not really the intent of this thread.
Maybe in another thread?

Sure.
edit on 5-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Zeppp

Krazysh0t
reply to post by Christian Voice

Says who? Israel? The U.S.? You do know that the only country that has demonstrated the capacity to unleash these weapons on another country, you are currently living in right? The U.S. certainly has no right to tell another country what weapons they can and cannot have.

They do if that country is threatening to wipe our allies off the map. Iran is too antiquated in thought to handle such a sophisticated arsenal. They need about another 3000 years of sophistication before they can even be taken seriously. I mean really, their leaders believe some dude in a well is going to spring up and open a can of kick azz on the world in their favor. LOL!!!

Iran has never threatened to wipe Israel off the map. That lie has been told so many times that people are starting to believe it.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Sure we do. If you are referring to WWII, that was the only thing that ended the war and saved Democracy. Japan received several warnings and would not comply. I do not agree with that kind of weapon anyway. Who wins when something like that is used ? NO ONE!!! Why should one of the most volatile regions ever be allowed to own such destructive power ?

Really not up to date on your history are you? America did not need to drop the bombs on Japan if we wanted to end the war all we had to do was to accept their offer of surrender that they made the whole summer before dropping them.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

proteus33

the two have no similarity a gun man with a rifle is not going to be able to use that gun to destroy a city of 10 million people but i can understand a country wanting to defend itself , but iran has made plenty of threats that they wanted to wipe another country off the map. and i would never feel a theocracy whether it was a christian or a muslin ruled country should have a nuke.

What about a bunch of people that claim to follow the Jewish faith? I noticed that you didn't include that theocracy.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Your question is moot since the 2nd is only for Americans.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

buster2010

proteus33

What about a bunch of people that claim to follow the Jewish faith? I noticed that you didn't include that theocracy.

Might as well add Hindu and whatever the Chinese worship.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

buster2010

Iran has never threatened to wipe Israel off the map. That lie has been told so many times that people are starting to believe it.

So let me get this straight...

You are saying that if Iran had nukes they would not use them to usher in the 12th Imam but dropping them on Israel?

You are 100% sure of this?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Xtrozero

buster2010

You are saying that if Iran had nukes they would not use them to usher in the 12th Imam but dropping them on Israel?

When was the last time Iran started a war 200 or 300 years? Not to mention they have always said if they are attacked they will fight back. And they would also run the risk of getting every Muslim on the planet mad at them if the Dome of Rock was destroyed or fallout from the bomb were to hit Mecca. Seeing how Iran can put more men in the field than the total population of Israel they don't need nukes to take on Israel.
edit on 5-1-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

buster2010

When was the last time Iran started a war 200 or 300 years? Not to mention they have always said if they are attacked they will fight back. And they would also run the risk of getting every Muslim on the planet mad at them if the Dome of Rock was destroyed or fallout from the bomb were to hit Mecca. Seeing how Iran can put more men in the field than the total population of Israel they don't need nukes to take on Israel.
edit on 5-1-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

So what do they need a nuke for?

Do you really think its because they want it as protection from America? Seeing how Iran would lose more people than the population of Israel if they wanted to invade I would think a nuke on a country where most of its population would be killed by one would be a rather good start.

You didn't answer my question BTW... Would you say (simple yes or no would also work) that Iran would not try and usher in the 12 Imam with a war against Israel?

edit on 5-1-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

We are of a similar mind on this then my friend. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. It seems inevitable that nothing good will come from any of it. I am right there with you.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

....Would you say (simple yes or no would also work) that Iran would not try and usher in the 12 Imam with a war against Israel?

I'd say it's impossible to answer such a loaded question in such a definitive way.

At present I'd say they wouldn't - who knows what the future would bring?

All Twelvers believe in The Mahdi and that he will return prior to Judgement Day but there are numerous beliefs within the Twelver faith about how and when this will happen.

The majority simply go about their lives in the belief that the day will come when it comes.
Then there are those who believe that by actively manipulating world events they will force the Mahdi into a position where he will reveal himself.

Ahmadinejad and his supporters are understood to believe in forcibly bringing to pass the events that will see the 'end of time', the rising of The Mahdi and The Second Coming of Jesus.
In addition they don't recognise the authority of any of the Mullahs and other religious leaders that have been since the 12th Imam went into occultation.

As such it is believed that the various groups within the Iranian ruling bodies - Iranian politics is really very complicated with various factions, beit that they are all of an Islamic fundamentalist slant - conspired to remove Ahmadinejad and his supporters from any positions of power and influence.

Those currently ruling the roost are actually quite keen to maintain their positions of power and influence, something that could possibly change if sanctions continue.
edit on 5/1/14 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Do Second Amendment supporters also support Irans right to protect itself with nuclear weapons?

YES.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Iran has not been able to start a war for a long time. But they sure have been trying of late.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
There's a lot of middle ground between a gun and a nuclear missile. To me this is one of those troll questions where you can't answer without someone attacking you for either hating the right to bear arms or wanting to nuke innocent civilians. Personally I don't like the idea of anyone having a nuclear missile. However, I think a country should be able to defend itself from others and since there are many many nukes out there to threaten Iran with...I would say yes...yes they do. There's only one country in the world who has used a nuke against another country and now that our sights are on the middle east in general and Iran in particular, well I can't blame them if they want to level the playing field a bit.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Xtrozero

buster2010

We do not "usher" anything.

Its impossible to MAKE God do anything, it is impossible to force God's hand. God does what He does in His own time and not in the time of men.

No one knows this lesson better than the Shia.

edit on 6-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join