It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organic Crops a $20 billion dollar B.S. system. Penn and teller Explain.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Gotta hate science! Organic can be worse for you, and 2 billion people will starve. It will take up too much land to produce organic.

Long live GMO and food science!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Helpus2014

China disagrees.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I'm curious as to who would take Penn and Teller seriously.

Seems to me that what someone eats is up to them, regardless of the price or the reasons.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Aquaponics will solve the 'space' problem as well as being organic, nicely.

It takes around 5% of the water that normal agriculture uses and you can do it out in the desert or on a parking lot. No need for expensive farm land. It can also be done in inner cities on abandoned lots which will not only bring needed healthy food supplies to food deserts (where only convenience stores selling junk and booze proliferate) but can be a healthy income stream. Expand out to where you're using compost to grow worms to feed your fish, and then bag the compost like Will Allen does and there's another revenue stream. He gets his compost starter from the local breweries free of charge; they used to have to pay people to haul it away, but there's plenty of other ways to source that; grocery giveaways and restaurant scraps.

If you've got 1/4 acre of land free with some sun, you can make money in your backyard. Nice idea for all you newly unemployed, underemployed and 20 somethings that can't find work.

Massive amounts of information for free on line.

Sorry if this is OT, but it's such a good idea... and yeah, I don't take anything that P and T say seriously. Are they magicians or political activists or what?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I'm with you on that. It's amazing how fruitfull one little back yard can be.

What GMO advocates don't realize is the overall negative impact that corporate farming has on the long term health of the environment.

Organic farmers have a tendency to protect the soil they so much rely on. Agribusiness just rapes the soil then moves on to next several thousand immoraly confiscated acres.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Really?
Anyone that trusts Penn and Teller to give them advise on what is good for them, may wish to try reading once in a while.

Sorry, they are idiots.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Exactly now combine that with Vertical Farming and watch the food grow!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The problem isnt the amount of food we produce, its the distribution.
At least 40% of the food we produce is thrown out or otherwise wasted.

Penn and Teller BS is complete BS

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ya Penn and Teller are straight legit..

The only video I seen from them is this one..

And this is how I can say they are straight and legit...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

You know they are straight and legit because of one 30 min video that they got payed $$$$$$ for. Money for a show on a network owned by the very people that want to make conspiracy theorists look like crazies.

I would question you thought process on this matter.

Either you have a very soft, weak, pliable mind,

or you are lazy and refuse to do your own research.

or you are working for they same guys Penn and Teller do. In which case I think you should ask for a raise, i bet you get chicken feed compared to those guys

edit on Fri20142014-01-03T17:39:51-06:00rd2014-01-03T17:39:51-06:00000000Fri, 03 Jan 2014 17:39:51 -0600Friday20142014-01-03T17:39:51-06:00 by DocScurlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DocScurlock

yeah maybe, but a chicken fee pay to them is a few million here and there. So I am good.
Brought to you by Monsanto's GMO division core!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I was talkin to the other dude and his claims of Penn and Teller being a legit source of info. people that get paid to say stuff are usually not the best source of info. Genetically modified crops are not good for us. That is just conman sense. I wont even to add to that argument because if people want to eat poison that's more good food left over for me

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I would say get to know your ATS members but I see you joined like 5 minutes ago...

I would also say take a look at my sig and maybe my history..

But ya... Oxymoronist I would call my above post..

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

cool, i wish they still had the eyeroll, then i would have picked up on your intention. no harm no foul, right?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Just another gullible sheep. Do u ever research anything for yourself? Or do u simply believe whatever the tube tells you to believe? That was one of the stupidest idiots I've ever seen on youtube, advocating violence against people who were actually correct in their views what an ASSS HOLEEE! Hypocritical nincompoops always have it the roughest, they have to deal with their own stupidity for the rest of their life.

Grow up, read a book, read a web article, go insane while transcending the universe and then come back to talk about it then you're intelligent

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I love Penn and Teller as magicians. Unfortunately they also belong to a far right wing think tank. Their HBO show demonstrated how easily they are swayed by big money and have no real integrity. Remember, these are people who make money fooling people. They are hardcore rightwingers. What they say and think is skewed. They are not scientists. They are not experts. They are charlatans and good ones at that. Why anyone would take them seriously is beyond me.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Why does this video make you believe they are experts on anything? I am just curious.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The day solving world hunger will be first on the list of GMO companies, we can think about it after extensive testing.

For now, profit is their only goal and everyone defending companies like mosanto are either shills or completely played by mass media clowns like those 2 idiots.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Buttonlip

reply to post by MOSTwanted

You know guys, back in my day we did this thing called getting to know 1 another.. It is interesting how people jump the gun on things..

Also if you read the whole post you would see I already answered this question.. Also.... You did notice I said only this video from what 7 seasons they did according to the video above.. which would indicate that I probably didn't like what they were sayin in that particular video and based off of that 1 video I can assume the video in the OP would be the same stupid bs they did about CT's..

Therefore I answered everyone's question in my 1st post, some people do not see clear indications on what was stated..

For the record I think Penn and Teller are a couple of idiots who really need to stick to their magic show.. Just like Jesse Ventura needs to stick to his wrestling... Neither group are any good for anything except selling a bunch of hoopa to a bunch of idiots who will eat it up the second it comes out of their mouth.. because lets be honest here.. They are famous.. Why would they lie right?

Also a lesson for you guys.. Don't assume someone states something because we are on the internet, sometimes they are just being the complete opposite of what they believe.. Although I was being very clear in what i said...

ThichHeaded

I would say get to know your ATS members but I see you joined like 5 minutes ago...

I would also say take a look at my sig and maybe my history..

But ya... Oxymoronist I would call my above post..

edit on 1/5/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Forgive me, I just got really excited about what you said and had to respond instantly while I had my thoughts all together. As soon as I posted I scrolled down and read your correction, so don't feel bad I changed my mind

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join