It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phone Calls Deceased Grandparents

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Coup_Detat_Cam

For all the technology we've built over our time on this magic rock of dirt, we have not really changed a lot.

From spirits, to gods, to.. government. The all elusive sneaky strings of fate pulled to the nefarious tune of the evil orchestra playing their finest symphony...

But a crazy coincidence nonetheless, if you're that way inclined. I'd be more of the mind she butt dialled accidentally. Or if it's one of them fancy phones with the "im listening to you while you sleep" feature, then no doubt it heard her say "I'm hungry, want some pizza?" and it heard "Call oma." and responded post haste.

On a different note, I've never heard the word Oma before a few days ago. Seeing it in this thread, and you're not from the same place, tells me I heard it then for a reason. The path is appearing..

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I've had my phone call people all on its own when it's sitting on the table next to my chair. I've gotten "missed calls" from people who swear they didn't call me when I return the call to see what they wanted. I think it has to do with that phone box repair guy that's been "fixing" the lines down the street for 6 months now. I finally pulled up next to him one day, rolled down the window and said, "Hey, haven't you got all our lines bugged yet? You been at it for 6 months now!" Just joking with the guy, of course, but I became a little more concerned when he quickly got in his truck and drove away!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Coup_Detat_CamShe regularly tells me how much she misses them,

She...quickly hit "end call".

if its a disconnected number, why quickly hit end call? what was the harm in hearing to see if someone answers?

i think in a way perhaps subconsciously she made her decision to let them go right then, she didnt want the possibility of hearing from the again (quickly hit "end call") that was her mind telling her she has already come so far in letting go there isnt any turning it back, that moment was a subconscious commitment to the idea of letting them go.

www.amazon.com...

www.virginiaghosts.com...

www.yourghoststories.com...

vimeo.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Thanks for all the replies, everyone!

I just wanted to let you all to know that it happened again tonight!

My gf and I had a business function to attend this evening. Given that we live in Canada, obviously it has to be WELL BELOW freezing outside (-30c).

Being the gentleman that I am, and rather than us both walking in this ridiculous weather, I dropped my gf off at the warm front doors to the conference centre while I went and found a parking spot. Naturally it was a few frigid blocks away.

As soon as I get inside the doors she looks at me and says "It happened it again."

While she was standing there waiting for me to return, her cell phone lights up. She checks and of course it says "Calling Oma & Opa..."

I exclaim "You let it ring this time, right?? You listened to see if anyone picked up, right??"

Nope. Again she freaked out and immediately hung up. Dang. If I had been there I definitely would have made her wait for someone to answer!

Anyway, this second occurance is strange but has me wondering if there's simply a glitch with her cell phone. However, that's one helluva weird glitch for a LOCKED & UNTOUCHED cell phone to suddenly dial someone, let alone her decesased grandparents...TWICE.

I understand that electronics can behave eradically so I'm not as weirded out as she is. Still, it's odd, no?

She wants to delete the contact but I told her not to yet. If it dials them again, I wanna see what happens if we let it ring!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I have read many accounts of similar experiences over the years and was always envious as I would dearly love my grandmother to phone me from wherever she is now. In fact I have put a lot of energy and time into attempting to invite such an experience.

Four years ago next month, one sunday evening about 7pm, my mobile phone rang, i answered and the conversation went like this.

Hello is that ann?

me yes, who is that?

Ann, its Mick

me, hi Mick, how are you?

Can i come and visit?

me of course you can,

How do I get to you?

me where are you?

I am at Victoria

me, well you need to get on a coach for the south coast, when you get close give me a call and i will come and pick you up.

That's too far........

the phone then cut out! I redialled the London number showing on my call log, no answer, so I found out Micks mobile number and called him back, thinking he was out of credit and change for the call box, his phone was answered by his wife, who passed it over to him. At this point, i discovered he was still in Scotland.

Doesn't sound like much of a story, until you consider the fact that i had just got a new phone, (a family member had given my number out to violent drug taking friends who kept calling me) I had my sim for two days before this call, three people had the number, none of whom knew of Mick, who happens to be a paternal cousin to my children and due to family deaths etc, contact had only just been re established after decades of no contact. So there is no way someone was playing a trick on me. My children were in the room when i took this call, so not some trick of my mind. It was also clear that they were as shocked as I was, they have never been able to work out the truth of what happened, insisting that someone must be playing tricks on me, without being able to explain how that was possible.

I googled the London number to discover it was a call box at Victoria coach station, then when i realised what just happened couldn't have happened, i realised Micks dad was also called Mick, he died over a decade ago, but I recognised the voice on the other end of the phone, whoever called knew my name and I could match the name to the strong accent I hear as being accurate. Strange as it seems, the only explanation i could come up with was I had received a call from someone no longer with us!

I am a great believer in the idea that the truth always comes out in the end. Four years on, I am no further forward in discovering who called, I can find no other explanation.

While i was on the phone, i knew something didn't feel right, i couldn't explain at the time, the closest i can get to an explanation even now, is that although there was a conversation going on, with clear responses to my words, it felt as if there was something missing, almost as if the voice on the other end had recorded their responses ready to be played to me when the call was made. Its really hard to explain, although it sounded like responses to my sentences, i didn't feel I was having a conversation.

Very odd experience and if this was the person I think i was talking to, it begs the question why call me? I met him a handful of times, many years ago, I had nothing to do with his family for decades partly due to some bad feeling on the part of his siblings towards me. That makes it even less likely that I would be his person of choice to call!

Explanation anyone?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

winofiend

if it's one of them fancy phones with the "im listening to you while you sleep" feature, then no doubt it heard her say "I'm hungry, want some pizza?" and it heard "Call oma." and responded post haste.

This has crossed my mind as well. Perhaps the phone's mic picked up some TV or background noise and interpreted it as "Call Oma & Opa..." That's probably the most logical explanation - though not necessarily the correct one.

I've looked into it and, while she doesn't have Siri on her iPhone 4, the earlier models do have "Voice Control". It operates similar to Siri; you hold the home button and issue a command when prompted. You can even say "Call Fred" but it may not recognize some names (how primitive lol). Oma and Opa seem to be names that could be easily misinterpreted.

The only thing is, on both occasions (it's happened twice now), my gf wasn't even touching her phone to activate the voice control. When you do, it's quite obvious by the home screen display that you've activated voice control. Granted, I wasn't there the second time...but the first time I had a clear view of her phone and she was not even touching it. It just turned on displaying "Calling Oma & Opa..."

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It could be some strange cellphone glitch. Or it could very well be paranormal activity. I prefer to believe this. I am not aware of all of her or your circumstances, but from the information given, I would guess that it was her grandparents saying they are happy she is with you, since you were doing something together at that moment and having a good time so it ccould just be that they approve of you. I doubt it had anything to do with breaking bad unless they were big fans of the show... but there could be some other significance that you or your girlfriend may be aware of but just haven't thought of it yet. Like the other member who said it appeared their grandparent was seemingly happy that they had read the book given to them by that grandparent. So try to think if she did anything related to them recently. Or maybe it's related to the anniversary of their passing. Unfortunately, the NSA malicious hackers can control your phone at will so we will never know if one of them got bored and decided to pull a sick joke just to make you confused. But again, I prefer to believe in a benevolent communication from beyond. Could also be a message. Try to think about the previous 24 hours or so. Maybe they want her to do something. It could also be a warning but if this is the case I would expect other forms of warning as well since such a communique would be more urgent of a matter than a simple hello. Anyway, take care, and take care of her. Thanks for sharing, I hope someone was able to help somehow.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

i would love this to happen to me. theres a woman in scotland (i think scotland) who's deceased mother used to call her and leave messages on her phone quite regular, she formed a website as others were getting the same, messages left on answering machines and mobile phones, shes just took the website down though, like your girlfriend i was close to my grandparents, i've had a few things from them. its just their way of letting us know they may be dead but the spirit lives on and they are around.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

don't delete it, if it is paranormal, they may never contact her again as they do not wish to cause harm or upset. i would leave it on answerphone.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Have you not tried dialling the number and seeing if anybody answers? It is possible that the number has been reallocated but it would be a huge coincidence that the new user would call you!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

It's too bad she didn't take the call. I've read in Sled's paranormal thread where other people have received calls from people who have passed over. They spoke over the phone.

I don't know how to explain it, but there's something about the energy that runs through the airwaves that the deceased have learned to manipulate and use to speak to us in this dimension.

I think it was her Grandparents saying hello. She should take it as a sign that they are still around her, sending her their love and support from the other side. She shouldn't be afraid. It's still them without their physical bodies.

Cool story! S&F!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I agree, NSA. They are messing with people after the embarassment they suffered from that Eric Cartman kid. I have seriously heard of incoming calls like this, but never outgoing. It is quite strange if nobody was touching the phone. I suppose there is some plausible technical explanation, but I just don't think interference or something, even if possible, is likely. But paranormal stuff is not all that common either. But probably more common than cell phones dialing numbers on their own. I don't know honestly.

<< 1   >>

join