It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phone Calls Deceased Grandparents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hey ATS!

I feel I should mention that this is my first thread…so please bear with me.

I’m not a huge believer in ghosts, per se, but I can certainly entertain the possibility of other ‘realms’ or ‘dimensions’ of existence that humans do not understand yet.

I say this because recently (Jan 1/14), my girlfriend and I were relaxing in the living room of our apartment watching the first season of Breaking Bad on Netflix (I guess we finally wanted to see what all the hype was about).

As we’re sitting there quietly engrossed in the show, her iPhone suddenly lights up, as if she’s received a new text. She glances over at it and all I hear is “W...T...F?!” (censorship mine)

I look over and her screen says “Calling Oma & Opa…”

This is REEEALLY weird given that BOTH her Oma & Opa (grandparents) passed away just over a year ago, on December 24, 2012.

Her Oma was very ill with multiple health issues and her Opa had fallen and broken his hip while visiting Oma in the hospital. After a week or so spent in SEPARATE hospitals, they both passed away on Christmas Eve – Oma passed away around 7pm and, as if waiting for his wife, Opa passed away shortly thereafter, around 10pm.

Them both passing away on the same day and close to the same time but in DIFFERENT locations was certainly a strange, yet somewhat comforting, situation.

My gf was very close to her grandparents, so last Christmas was very difficult. This Christmas was better but still brought back some of those sad feelings. She regularly tells me how much she misses them, espeically as Christmas drew closer.

Despite her grandparents being constantly on her mind, my gf has not called this number in over a year. In fact, there would be no point because number is no longer in service; her family sold their grandparents condo a while ago.

The number is still in my gf’s contact list; however, she wasn’t even touching her phone at the time. Nobody was. It was just sitting there while we were watching TV.

Has anyone else heard of this?

For her cell phone to suddenly and randomly, apparently all on its own, dial THAT number out of ALL the potential numbers in her contact list is stretching the limits of coincidence, IMHO. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up and both of us were in utter disbelief as to what we were witnessing. She was quite freaked out and quickly hit "end call".

I’m still not sure what to make of it.

Was it just some random electronic interference (does that even happen??)…or…something more?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Coup_Detat_Cam

I would guess it has something to do with the NSA.

Sorry about the loss. Good thread take care be careful.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I had some weird things happen with electronics after my wife passed away -- phone playing music without me touching it, lights flickering off and on and power going out concurrent to unusual activity, etc. I put it off to her being around and either intentionally or accidentally doing it. If the soul is energy, it stands to reason that it could interact with our world by manipulating electricity. But who knows?

Put it off to a possible sign that your girlfriend's loved ones are still present in her life and appreciate the blessing that can be. For me, it's all in the timing of the event, and it sounds like she needed a little boost that came at just the right time.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
A guy I haven't seen in years texted me a while back asking " Who is this" ? Well a few days before I seen on facebook that he had been dead a couple of years?? His name even showed up on my phone and my last contact with him would have been before cell phones. Strange. I texted back but nothing.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

Agreed. If not the spirit world, then definitely the NSA.

Well, CSEC, since I'm Canadian, eh.

Thanks for the kind words!
edit on 3-1-2014 by Coup_Detat_Cam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

adjensen

If the soul is energy, it stands to reason that it could interact with our world by manipulating electricity. But who knows?

Totally agree.

I have also thought about the idea of our own 'unknown' energies being partly responsible - well, more-so my gfs thoughts being focused on her grandparents lately, given the time of year.

But, who knows?

It was certainly odd. I've always taken these stories with a big ol' grain of salt...that is, until my recent experience.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I would be more impressed if someone answered.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I would have picked the phone up to see if someone answered.

Sorry for your gf's loss.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by flammadraco

I know. I've thought about this after. Instead of immediately hanging up, she should have listened for an answer.

We were both freaked out enough as it was though...I dunno if I could've handled hearing ANYONE on the other line.
lol

Thank you for the condolances.
edit on 3-1-2014 by Coup_Detat_Cam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Ive had something similar happen to me. My family got woken up late one night from the television set turning on by itself. This was an old TV set and you had to go up to the television and personally turn the dial to turn the channel and turn it on. Perhaps it would not have been as surprising and disregarded it but what was on the TV surprised us. It was the nightly news covering an airplane crash. I can't remember where it took place or when it exactly happened but I always wondered if there was someone in that plane that we knew who had passed away. It truly was creepy.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Freaky story and cool first thread !!

Electronics sometimes have a mind of their own...I spent most of my life working with electronics and stuff does happen. And stuff does often happen when it comes to deceased loved ones. But I would not be able to tell you if it's paranormal or just well, electronics being electronics.

Cool share ! S&F !

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by flammadraco

I did in fact pick up the phone once after thinking about my neighbor that passed away. I was at work by myself and my mind wondered off to this neighbor who had died days earlier. The phone rang and it said unknown caller on the caller id. I hesistated to pick it up but for all I knew, it could have been a patient at the office. I answered the phone and was about to say the greeting but a metallic noise came over the phone and then silence. I then said "hello" and after about 30 seconds, the caller hanged up. I think I would have had a heart attack if someone would have truly answered

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Perhaps your girlfriend has powers that she does not realize. Could she have been thinking of her grandparents, given the anniversary of their passing?

My sister received a text from me a few years ago, just four numbers. She called to ask what was up, I checked my phone and had no record of my texting her. We figured out that the four numbers were an address we both lived at as kids. Checked it out and found that our childhood home was for sale. I considered purchasing it for about one minute. The creep factor won out that decision.

Just last year my son got a text from me that said CALL ME! He came out of his room, woke me up and asked why I had sent it. I had not. Again my phone was absent of the text.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Thanks, SonoftheSun!

That's been my internal debate; was this just a case of electronics just behaving erradically, as they sometimes can...or was there something more to this?

Normally I'd be much more inclined to believe the former, had the phone dialed anyone other than her grandparents!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

There could be some rational explanations to it all of course, but I won't go with any of them. Perhaps it's her grandparents letting her know that, "Hey, we're around". I lost my grandfather (who adopted and raised me) in 2007, it's a rough thing to deal with. I'd love it if something similar happened to me.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

I've also considered that idea!

She misses her grandparents dearly and I know that they're on her mind, some days more than others. She's not depressed or anything; quite the opposite. I just know that they had a huge impact on her life so saying goodbye isn't always easy.

I've pondered the idea that the mental focus on her grandparents somehow affected the physical world, even if by accident. Perhaps she inadvertantly tapped into this while in a more-or-less hypnotic state watching TV?

Of course I have no way to prove ANY of this speculation. I just like to entertain all possiblities.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

My condolances, Auricom.

That seems to be the general consensus. A friendly message from beyond to a girl who needed to know that, despite a rough transition from this world to the next, they're doing just fine.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Here's a thread that I did back in 2010 about one of those instances.

Yesterday morning: After Death Communication, telepathy, or just a life saving coincidence

and I posted a number of them, as well as other people contributing, here:

After Death Communication: A Thread for Examples

You might find them interesting

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
On my fifteenth birthday, I was looking through my closet for my memory box, where I used to keep all of my opened birthday cards. In it, sitting on top, I found an unopened envelope with my name on it. Inside was a birthday card and $20 from my grandmother. She had passed away six months prior. I know it wasn't my mom who put it there, because when I told her, she looked as sad and as amazed as I felt when I discovered it.

I like to think she was watching over me.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It does happen. Here is my story from another ATS thread Cell Phone calling from the beyond?

About six months after my grandfather passed away, I was moving into a new apartment and stumbled upon a book he gave me when he was dying. The book was called "90 Minutes in Heaven." He had asked me to read it and said the book touched his heart. Because I had yet to experience the death of a close loved one, I couldn't bear the thought of reading it when he was still alive. So I stopped unpacking and read the book cover to cover in two days. After I finished the book, I drove to my brother's house to tell him about it. When I got home, I was in the bathroom washing my face and heard my phone ringing. It was about 12:45 am. Upon hearing my phone ring over the sound of the rushing water, I ran into my room and got my phone out of my purse. I was receiving a call from "Dee & Poppy's House." This was their landline in Dallas. Dee is my grandmother and I called my grandfather poppy. As soon as I pressed the green answer button, the call ended.

At first, I was worried because my grandmother has gone to bed between 9-10 pm for the last 20 years. I was concerned that something may be wrong. So, I immediately called "Dee & Poppy's House" back, but got no answer. I called again, but no answer. I called my mother's cell phone, but no answer. Not living in the same city as the aforementioned family members at the time, I had no choice but to go to bed.

I reached my mom by phone the next morning and told her I was worried about Dee because she called me from her house in Dallas late at night and I couldn't reach her. My mom told me Dee wasn't home and had not been home for a few days. Dee was in Austin with my mom.

You never know for sure, but I feel pretty confident my grandfather was reaching out to me that night, perhaps to say he was happy I had finally read the book he gave me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join