It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous exorcism of a girl in Iowa in 1928, the devil himself was seen.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The story is amazing, it is written that the devil himself talked about the anti Christ in the year 2000.

bibleprobe.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by maxzen2004

Rolling my eyes.

Nobody took my pic.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Going out on a limb here by saying.... as this is from a Christian and Messianic Jews-'Non Denominational' (What! Christian and Messianic Jews ARE denominational!) website...the article, though entertaining, is slanted.

I noticed the writing was more from a literary side and not the actual words spoken so to speak. As a writer/novelist myself, the continuity throughout... stays true to its form all the way through.

Its highly unlikely, though not impossible...that all of it was retold and re-written as one single piece, and not an actual nor accurate portrayal of the event, who said what and how it was said. Everyone in the story and language used was almost the same start to finish, which would be highly unlikely quoting the "devil-Satan-Lucifer".

Another thing I noticed was the "devil" quoted as saying "leave me in Peace" more than once, and we all know the "devil" doesnt need or require "peace" and in fact strives to disturb the peace of others. Im assuming Satan doesnt ask for any kind of "peace".

And just that fact alone...him asking "for peace"...is supicious as to a story written for "entertainment purposes" or to promote bible prophecy for those so inclined to read to bolster beliefs and their own views of it.

The story in fact may have happened, I dont doubt that at all. The telling of it and what was said I dont believe was truthful after visiting the webpage itself.

Sorry. Only one Christian opinion.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
A less lurid (I just LOVE that word) account would have been more believable to the less-than-credulous reader. I would have preferred something more like a transcript, though it would have been far longer. Further, I see (no surprise) the Roman Catholic slant throughout: relics, incantations, and Hell. I do not say that to slam Catholicism, and I know that to receive the imprimatur, the account must align with Catholic theology and doctrine. However, Catholics should know that many non-Catholic Christians will read the account and be a bit underwhelmed, and maybe even bemused. As a believer in Universal Reconciliation, I see no value in relics and incantations. I see Hell as a theological non-starter. Damned to Hell - not my theology, as many know here on ATS. Casting out demons, I'm OK with that, just not the baggage attached to it.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Lazarus Short
Casting out demons, I'm OK with that, just not the baggage attached to it.

It's certainly true that Christianity or Judaism do not have the market cornered on demons. They're quite non-denominational and worldwide. I feel that any demon that would go on and on about strictly Judeo-Christian topics and push all the well-known hot buttons is more likely than not just messing with the heads of their audience.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Keep dreaming.

top topics

join