It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tepco Quietly Admits Reactor 3 Could Be Melting Down Now

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

jrod
A minor weather system is about to hit Eureka, CA over the next couple of days. Watch the EPA graph and see what happens. It appears every time a weather system comes from the Pacific there is a spike in measurable radiation levels.

This isn't due specifically due to Fukushima, it's quite common for radiation levels to measurably go up from rain it's been an observed effect for a long time. I don't know the exact details for it most results in Google bring up Fukushima which is tedious to search through. Here's a paper from the late 50's recording the same thing however
onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

From what I have read I think it's due to radon gas and coal ash in the atmosphere which the rain captures and brings to the ground. Could the radiation from Fukushima be further increasing those levels from the rain? Sure, but again it's pretty diluted by the time it reaches us so the contribution from Fukushima isn't significant. You also have to take into account that the radioactive particles don't also evaporate into the atmosphere with the ocean water, instead they stay in the currents. Radioactivity in the rain coming from Fukushima comes from the air which outside of the initial release (and has already happened as a one time event) is considerably lower than the water leak.

jhn7537
So you trust the EPA who is ran by the US Govt. that lies to us on a regular basis? The Govt. is filled with pathological liars, not sure how you trust anything they say...

Not everyone is a bunch of liars. Agencies whose jobs are to compile statistics are generally truthful. Politicians and those in intelligence agencies are generally untruthful.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

I believe this thread could be directly related to the thread titled
US Gov't purchasing 14 Million Doses of Potassium Iodide.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5-1-2014 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

Actually, I believe the EPA is at the top of the list of dishonesty, misinformation, and illegal activities.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

yamammasamonkey
reply to post by jaffo

I believe this thread could be directly related to the thread titled
US Gov't purchasing 14 Million Doses of Potassium Iodide.

edit on 5-1-2014 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

It's actually 700,000 doses. Each package is 1 complete dose of 20 pills to be given over a period of time (1/day I think?) in order to be effective. Furthermore, it's because supplies in a city on the east coast expired and regulations require they have an effective supply of the medication on hand. Thanks to all the various budget issues of the past few months followed by holidays these things had to be ordered at the last minute.

yamammasamonkey
reply to post by Aazadan

Actually, I believe the EPA is at the top of the list of dishonesty, misinformation, and illegal activities.

Fortunately, the world doesn't work according to your beliefs.

The EPA isn't perfect, but when compiling statistics they're not lying.

Here's a post from another thread that explains the whole thing better than I can:
edit on 5-1-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

BurbGirl378
reply to post by hidingthistime

East to the Inland.

What about south texas?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

This news doesn't surprise me. Remote viewer Major Ed Dames, A.K.A. Dr. Doom, my fav Coast-to-Coast guest, said that stuff like this was happening/going to happen with this situation..... (Ut-oh!)

P.S. Not that he's already correct with his predictions, because he's not, but he's not always wrong either.

If interested:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
yeaaa...I don't know about all this.

RT has an article up dated today (1/6/14) with no such mention. RT isn't very well known to cover up anything like the current MSM is accused of.

rt.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
What if the author of the Book of Revelations, John of Patmos, wasn't entirely correct about "wormwood" and the relation of the deaths of 1/3 of sea life? What if he saw Chebalynsk Meteorite as the harbinger of doom and them when he was shown visions of the seas, he saw the deaths caused by Fukushima and assumed they were caused by the meteorite and not the reactor, of which he would have had no reference.

Additionally, didn't he then see plagues of man and animal, and didn't the water become sour? I always thought Johns visions in Revelations seemed more like a radiation issue, rather than a meteorite impact.

If Fukushima does meltdown entirely, the Northern Hemisphere and the majority of life therein is in for probably the worst time imaginable.

I pray you're all stocked up on your Potassium Iodide and Colloidal Silver and have a plan to move as far south as possible. I'm seeing the Mexico border looking like it did in the movie "Day After Tomorrow."
edit on 6-1-2014 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

i'm sure i read a couple weeks back Japan made new very strange law,forbidding anyone to say anything bad about japan,or prison if they did. i'd imagine people are too scared to even talk amonst themselves.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

The EPA website doesn't give a multi-year history, so you need to look at what people are posting on blogs who have been monitoring this for a long time. The EPA site isn't all that user friendly. Here is a blog I looked up, monitoring Eureka, CA, which, from a basic guess, is place most likely to see changes in radiation levels.

tomsebourn.blogspot.com...

From the federal EPA website
It compares Eureka airborne radiation readings
from this week in 2010 vs 2013
(they blow air thru a filter and capture any hot particles,
generally report readings hourly)
that is, the attached graphs show readings pre fuku vs today
You can see, 3 yrs ago we ran around 14 cpm gross beta
Now we are running around 140 cpm (recently hit a high of
173 cpm)
That is, we are running 10 times more radioactive particles
in our air than pre Fuku.
Yes, things started particularly heating up around 12/25
and has been sustained hot like I have not seen before.
All this data coming straight from the Eureka EPA public radnet site.

I see no reason to dismiss bloggers putting out this information as a bunch of fear mongers. In fact, I would say they are more likely to report accurate information, as they are very unlikely to have any ulterior motives, like mainstream news agencies, and most government and private institutional sources.

There should be some vetting of sources, and additional sources researched.

The "Sea Star" claim only stated that radiation could be contributing to the problem, did not see it as the cause. You are focusing on a non-point here.

I don't know where you have done your research, but when you put out stuff like this, it really blows your credibility.

furthermore most of them (though not all, like caesium) have a halflife such that they decay by the time they reach our shores and fishing areas. As things currently stand there's nothing to worry about.

Here is the reality.

rt.com...

It turned out that the water in that area contained Strontium-90, a radioactive isotope of strontium produced by nuclear fission with a half-life of 28.8 years, at a level as high as 440 becquerels per liter.

So yeah, there is a great deal to worry about. You might want to take a look at the research I have posted on this thread.

Considering the claims you have made, I have to say, I doubt the quality of your research. What I notice is that the websites claiming that there is nothing to worry about, put out a lot of disinformation.

Oh, and looking at radiation data from the 1950ties, and comparing it to the present and seeing similarities, actually indicates that the problem in Fukushima is far worse than we are being told.

edit on 6-1-2014 by poet1b because: grammar

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The worry has always been that one of the cooling pools would melt down. If this has happened then we are truly effed.

It is also true that tepco is incompetent and has been covering this up as much as possible to save face. Along with the Japanese government.

Finally. The full lifespan of mox fuel is like 7 million years. If this thing is melting down no human will see its end.

Nuclear power is far from "clean". It is in fact very dirty. I will take co2 and some mercury any day over thousands of tons of massively radioactive rods which we don't have any idea what to do with. There are reactors all over the world and they all store their fuel rods in these pools. No one knows what to do with the mess. If you were to expose one and walk within 10' of it you are dead in a minute. Now multiply that by thousands per site times hundred upon hundreds of sites.

On top of that these sites are prone to issues. Just look at wolf creek in Kansas. It is one of the worst in the US and routinely has problems. So many in fact it gets special monitoring. Oddly enough form a power plant it keeps losing power. No power means no pumping which means meltdown. Others have had all sorts of issues like a near meltdown because no one bothered to replace old valves or old monitoring equipment. They all suffer from a lack of training and when something does happen they routinely screw up.

And all of that is sans disaster. Everyone worries about the Madrid fault or Yellowstone because it will be devastating. This is true. However. The worst part after the couple minutes of violent shaking will be all the power plants melting down which will seal our fate. Nuclear power is stupid short and simple. It will be our demise. Any disaster will be exacerbated by it. Meteor hits? Nukes melt down. Badass hurricane? Melt down. Big tornado in the wrong spot? Melt down. Bad ice storm? Melt down. Earthquake? Melt down.

These places are falling apart and have issues in the best of conditions all the time. They are designed to barely be in control of the reaction to begin with. They are very sensitive. Add any external effects to them and it is bad. News.

We really just wanted them for nukes anyhow. The kind that are launched. Safer nuke tech is and was available (thorium) but we still won't use it. Can't make it go boom.

Our short sighted ness is our undoing. Even if we shut down every reactor we are burdened with hundreds of thousands of tons of these fuel rods to deal with for hundreds of thousands of years.

Dumb.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Alekto
Enjoy living in the dark ages.

We would all be lucky if the dark ages was the end result of that mindset. So continue to bow down to the destroyers of planet Earth like a misled foolish mortal.

Those of us who actually consider the people of tomorrow's right to live on a reasonable healthy planet Earth will keep up the good fight no matter what brainwashed nonsense attempts to distort it: ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
i'm always confused when people say that we "don't know what to do with the fuel rods"...

with all the developments in robotics a human being wouldn't have to get remotely close to the rods and what exactly would be so wrong with launching this crap out into space?

just a thought as i don't know much about it...

I just can't believe that there is nothing that can be done about something like that...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

If all the cooling pods melt down we are effed? You don't understand a little about Nuclear Power much less the aftereffects of a cooling pool meltdown (there's no such animal)

The cooling pool could catch on fire, yes. If the rods hit 700 degrees they will spontaneously combust this is true but it's not a meltdown mind you it's a fire.. a simple radioactive fire who's effects are not life threatening outside of a small exclusion zone. As long as the rods are kept below 700 degrees they are fine.

There's the issue, if the water from the cooling pool has evaporated or it is no longer at or below 120 degrees F, theres the chance that the rods will boil away the poolwater. but meltdown of the cooling pool is impossible. The only place you can have a meltdown is in the reactor Core itself which is why they call it CORIUM when the reactor melts down and produces a lavalike substance...

There's your nuke lesson for the day..

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Pinky bet you are wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

here4awhile

with all the developments in robotics a human being wouldn't have to get remotely close to the rods and what exactly would be so wrong with launching this crap out into space?

just a thought as i don't know much about it...

It is way too risky. The rockets we use for space flights occasionally fail in spectacular fashion. If this happened with one that had a payload full of 'spent nuclear fuel' it would release an enormous amount of radioactive dust in the atmosphere that could truly be an ELE.

Fukushima is the by far the worst nuclear disaster we have had so far, it will be responsible for countless deaths over the next 100 years, however it is a far cry from an ELE.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Aazadan

This isn't due specifically due to Fukushima, it's quite common for radiation levels to measurably go up from rain it's been an observed effect for a long time. I don't know the exact details for it most results in Google bring up Fukushima which is tedious to search through. Here's a paper from the late 50's recording the same thing however
onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

That is when the US and Russians were lighting nukes off like kids playing with firecrackers. As a result of this there was a fallout event and those elevated radiation levels after the rain were likely a result from this.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

jhn7537

I wouldn't have them build it then

Quite honestly, I'm glad you're not making the decisions. Japan has precious little in the way of natural resources and is now importing coal and wood like crazy to make up for the reactors they closed down.

I know which one will cause more environmental damage in the long run. And it's not nuclear power.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

Japan could have built hydroelectric plants in various places along the coast that are powered by tidal currents. Hydroelectric plants are about as clean as you can get. (though there is some negative environmental impact which compared to nuclear and fossil fuel options is acceptable imho).

Also Japan is a technologically advanced country, they could have been using that to make some innovative ocean wave power plants.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join