It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists searching the Internet for evidence of timetravelers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

drivebricker
I was thinking about this just the other day and I thought " If we see light from other stars that are possibly no longer even there due to the amount of time it takes their light to reach us" would it not be the same for the light that earth gives off. If I were on that distant star, looking at earth, perhaps I would see Ben Franklin walking around because that image barely got there. If you go out far enough, maybe you would see Jesus

You are exactly right.

Of course you'd probably need a telescope the size of half of our solar system to see individual people on Earth.

However with a reasonably sized space telescope such as one planned for 30 years from now you'd be able to see the weather, continents and oceans as they were in the past.

We have one planned called the ExoEarth Mapper:

With one much larger you'd be able to just about make out aerial views of our cities in the past.

From NASA:

(post by Jed212 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
One day, they will realize that just like electricity can be used to make magnetism and magnetism can be used to make electricity, so too you could theoretically send a person through space at the speed of light to time travel, or you could accelerate local space to do the same.

One day, they will discover that the universe is made of countless wavelengths, and that even as light can be modified to create the laser effect, so too can the discovery of yet unknown quantum wavelengths be modified to create a localized vibration that will dislodge an object or person from the restraints of the current expansion of the space-time reality.

This will allow a person to "slip" through space-time either forward or backwards with the greatest of ease. Much the same way a boat having a motor can sail against the stream up river. As long as the boat is in harmony with the river it will flow with the river into whatever future is there. Power it up and it is dislodged and now freed from the harmonic flow of the river.

One day, they will discover that it will be "quantum vibration" or oscillation that will be the key that opens the door to time. In explaining this, I have not touched on the fact that when you go back or forward in time there will be a curve, meaning that you will enter into a multiverse realm of endless numbers of nearly exact universes. But, for the time being, we will just stick to the how we can time travel and not the end result of the journey.

As you can tell, I not only believe that time travel is possible, but that we will do it. We actually do it every day in the mind right now. That is what happens when you "remember". Soon, we will do it with physical reality as well.

edit on 7-1-2014 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jed212

Wood? Yeah it would. Maybe you,were making a joke because of Tiger ??????
edit on AMu31u0110233312014-01-07T10:33:20-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

(post by Jed212 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
i'm not sure if this fits in with this thread,but i certainly had one mindbending experience with time,i used to assume it was linear. iwas sitting watching some programme on tv about 7 yrs ago,suddenly a newsflash came on saying the Phillipines had a huge mudslide over a school of many children.then my programme restarted.i thought wow,went to all the news sites looking for updates etc,found nothing.asked my older friend if he knew anything.so i just though a glitch on tv.6 days later,sat morning at 7.30,the exact same screen and story sadly came on.it was all over the news,i was shaking all day,i couldn't have warned them,i didn't even know it was a future event.so,all i'm saying is time is a lot wierder than i can imagine.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

indenial
i'm not sure if this fits in with this thread,but i certainly had one mindbending experience with time,i used to assume it was linear. iwas sitting watching some programme on tv about 7 yrs ago,suddenly a newsflash came on saying the Phillipines had a huge mudslide over a school of many children.then my programme restarted.i thought wow,went to all the news sites looking for updates etc,found nothing.asked my older friend if he knew anything.so i just though a glitch on tv.6 days later,sat morning at 7.30,the exact same screen and story sadly came on.it was all over the news,i was shaking all day,i couldn't have warned them,i didn't even know it was a future event.so,all i'm saying is time is a lot wierder than i can imagine.

You were in a "time eddy" that acts like water swirls near the shore of a river. You brushed up against the future for a moment and then back into the normal flow of time. If you ever have such an experience again, try to snap a picture of it, like a clock nearby, or something on the Tv. It will stay with you because it will be flowing with you.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Heck my search is more modest. I have been searching the internet in trying to find intelligence. Just kidding couldn't resists.

However, if they are truly looking to find time travelers in the internet they should be requesting the help of the RIAA. Surely those time travels didn't pay for the right to listen to music in multiple time lines.

One thing is for sure I will never time travel either wise I would have already told myself. Perhaps their efforts would have been better spent on declaring a law to mandate all time travelers to remove their shoes and pass through a TSA check point.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

ausername
reply to post by charlyv

From a point in time around 2.5 centuries from now, there really are few mysteries, and no doubt as to what is possible and what is impossible.

You are still stuck in the future conundrum of time travel. If in the future, time travel becomes possible, it becomes possible for all times before it, as that is where those will go to exploit it's capabilities. Therefor, time travel is now because it is fulfilled in the future and directed to the past.

The conundrum goes deeper down the bunny hole than that, because we know through the evidence in quantum physics dealing with entanglement , that a fallacy is impossible. A very difficult enlightenment to get your head around, for sure.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Is time a linear progression ,...
or something more abstract ???

do you go forwards ,
backwards ... ,
up or
down ?

......................or sideways ?

youtu.be...

edit on 19-1-2014 by radarloveguy because: leave that bit out