It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists searching the Internet for evidence of timetravelers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

how do we know bernard actually existed and wasn't a psy op for the gate. could he not have been put here to discredit any real chances that some did make back or indeed have real proof of alien existence. Seems to me the idea of Bernard is a good way to keep real info leaking off this site. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

From a point in time around 2.5 centuries from now, there really are few mysteries, and no doubt as to what is possible and what is impossible.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
Since we are aware this method has been used to attempt to detect time travellers then the time travellers themselves in their 101 training for time travel will of been taught to avoid this bait. Time travel is probably impossible and if they did exist it be close to impossible to identify them.

This is an interesting thought. Probably the most obvious which has me chuckling.
Although I do feel that time travel is possible, more from a consciousness travel and not a physical body travel perspective.
I would be checking mental institutions before the internet in search of the "time traveler" lol

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

What is the point in acting like you have knowledge of the future if you are unwilling to divulge it?
Stroking your own ego or something?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I have no ego. I know nothing. Just another crazy theorist posting on the internet for now.

If I posted something to make the case, then maybe I would have an ego, be seeking attention etc.

I just found this subject intriguing on a personal level, nothing more.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Looks interesting can you put up a link of this guy?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSpanishArcher

Obviously they hope to come in contact with the travelers via mail or other social media. . They will never respond because then the NSA will grab and kill them..

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Well I will stop short of judgment then and just leave it be. As I have already said, sending information into the past is the most likely form of "time travel". Of course one way trips into the future are also possible.

Who knows, maybe that dude's machine worked. I think the info is about four years old now. Maybe it worked and went hush hush. If it did work it would be highly guarded.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

0bserver1

Obviously they hope to come in contact with the travelers via mail or other social media. . They will never respond because then the NSA will grab and kill them..

Naw, that's the CIA. The NSA only grabs you and kills you if you screw up on the grounds of Ft Meade.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

How can one say it worked if they never could turn back at the time they started from?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Right..then they outsourcing it...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

0bserver1

You are correct about the quick, silent grab and immediate, on the spot, execution. I contend all this NSA and world-wide snooping is to find evidence that the One is one Earth. The Mahdi, the incarnation of God as a man for the Jews, the second coming of Jesus, all the religions prophecies. Not that the One will use the internet but others that notice Him (Her) will light up the internet.

When that happens, every strike team from every major country in the world will converge to kill Him (Her).

Or they'll just nuke that place.
edit on 3-1-2014 by tkwasny because: typo fix

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Bedlam

rickymouse
Someone in the future may possibly find how to send signals through time to interact with people's brains.

I saw that movie too. Most people didn't like it but I thought it kicked ass. There were a lot of subtle bits in it I think most people didn't catch.

I've never seen that movie. It sounds like it may be interesting. When I had time to watch a movie, I usually watched comedies since I had to be serious all day while running my business. Working twelve to sixteen hrs a day six days a week didn't give a person much time to watch movies. Now, I watch a few hour shows during the week like bones, Castle and last man standing. I also watch stargate SG1 Other than that there are documentaries on PBS. I also watch some old comedy tv shows from the sixties.

I have never been much for watching TV or movies.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

If a communication was developed by someone receiving information, even long ago, the device could emit a signal in the future direction of the planet on it's trek through space. The transmission would need to be received and resent, from the same machine in the future. This way information could be transmitted far ahead.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I looked for a link to a thread about the guys machine but I'm having a hard time finding it. There are so many damn time travel links and threads.
I don't remember the dude's name.

All I remember is that he used laser arrays to create a closed loop in space-time by arranging the beams into a cylinder of laser light. Then he would send particles through at the speed of light and they would wink out and appear in the past in the same location (his lab).
Theoretically, as soon as he turns the machineon he should start seeing random particles appear inside the array (his future self conducting experiments). Then shortly after that he should start receiving coded info.

It sounded sound. But like I said, the story sorta disappeared.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Wow poetically said , only silent meditation enters my mind..

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

If you liked "They Live" or "Big Trouble in Little China", you'll like Prince of Darkness.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Sounds something like this.? Electron...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
If they found any evidence of time travel it would have to be suppressed to maintain the social order, the consequences of finding out the future could be catastrophic to the present and to the future. What was that TV series, Flashforward, I think, you could induce a malaise into people who became indifferent to their life as they would see everything as preordained. What if today someone is a mild mannered, productive member of society, but found out in ten years they caused a terrible disaster entirely by accident. What would they do? How would society react to them? While I can see how interesting it would be to see events from the future or past, to put an end to certain questions we all have, about say the life of Jesus, the life of the prophet, or settling the question about the grassy knoll, etc., I am not overly convinved it would be a good idea.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Ronald Mallet!

He is the guy, who came up with the lazer time machine...

Ronald Lawrence "Ron" Mallett (born March 3, 1945) is an American theoretical physicist, academic, and author. He has taught physics at the University of Connecticut since 1975. He is best known for his scientific position on the possibility of time travel.

Ronald Mallet Wiki

Start watching at the 34.30 mark.

Hope this helps folks.

Edit to add:

This is a slightly better vid, which only covers Mallet's work.

edit on 3-1-2014 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join