It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Mom's ObamaCare Horror Story Gives America a Glimpse of Government-Run Healthcare!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is a must read! This just makes me sick! I myself being in the Insurance Buss. I am seeing some huge rate hikes do to Obamacare. This whole thing is going to blow up in about 6 months.

Many of us can identify with the frustrating experience that Karri Kinder, a mother of two from Auburn, Alabama, has had with Obamacare. She penned this open letter to share her story. Shout-out to Yellowhammer News for the article:

An Open Letter to the Obama Administration and American Citizens:

www.ijreview.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
We've lived without insurance for the past twenty years. It's cheaper to pay the doc out of pocket than pay monthly premiums. Lucky for us the kids are healthy and no one suffered a serious injury in all that time. Our sons ADHD medication was only 35 .00 per month odd that there's is so much higher. He's 18 now and off the meds. We've actually saved thousands of dollars not being insured.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think a more appropriate title would have been "AMERICAN government run healthcare"
The rest of the Western world gets along just fine with our Commie based systems
edit on 3/1/2014 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

This story was confirmed by Snopes HERE

I can confirm the same happened to my own parents! Ridiculous!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

I thank God I still have my plan. I am 59 and have a physical every year and a colonoscopy.
A year ago I was splitting wood with my log splitter and sprained my ankle really good , after a few days the swelling went down and after a few more days my whole leg swelled up,
I went to the doctor and he sent me for a ultra sound for fear I might have multiple Blood clots!
Sure enough... they wanted to call a ambulance for me as they told me I could die any second.
My wife drove me to the ER...Ya know how you go to ER and have to wait some time for hours?
Well with in 5 min. I was in a hospital bed!
Hooked up to a Hepren IV....The doctor there told me I was a lucky son of bitch that I could have died.
Well I was there for 6 days, little sleep they withdrew blood every 3 hours and my roomate had dementia and was making bussiness calls all nite to no one. LOL!
Well the bill was over $50,000.00!
I only had to pay my $2,000.00 deductible.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I want you all to know today America's Health care system is on bended knee. This nation stands with the good, hard working people of America as we mourn the loss of those hundereds of thousands who have lost their healthcare.
I can hear you, and the rest of the country can hear you, and the people who knocked down our healthcare system will hear from all of us soon!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
I think a more appropriate title would have been "AMERICAN government run healthcare"
The rest of the Western world gets along just fine with our Commie based systems
edit on 3/1/2014 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

Let's actually call it for what it is. The ACA is NOT government-run healthcare. On the contrary, it is government mandated requirements to obtain health insurance from a ill-regulated, costly, and hostile privatized health care system.

So it's not even American government run healthcare because our government is not the one administrating it from top to bottom. But we reap what we sow. People argued that public healthcare would destroy our country and was the equivalency of Communism. That allowed various concerned individuals and entities to basically make demands to modify the idea until what we get is the ACA we have today. It's not government run anything. It's basically the government sanctioned fleecing of the public for a service that they may not even be able to afford to use in any meaningful way.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
They billed it as "Affordable Care" but that was a ruse. It is just like what happened in Missouri a few years back. Maybe Wrabbit can confirm this. In Missouri, the State pushed for, no make that the insurance companies pushed for, and got, mandatory car insurance for all drivers. They billed it as a good idea, eliminating the problems associated with uninsured drivers. The insurance companies then reaped premiums from all, making a lot of money. However, the uninsured remained uninsured by means of signing up only as long as it took to get that proof-of-insurance card, and then canceling for another six months. Yeah, my ex-wife did that a lot. I don't know if premiums went up or not, as I just paid the dam things, and went my (less than) merry way.

Now, it is nation-wide, and expen$ive to boot. Yes, it was meant to be expensive - did you really think it would be affordable? Greed has just gone up a notch, maybe several notches.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The handwriting is on the wall, already. This thing is going to collapse so badly that it may take down the whole economic system in the country. Two things you can expect: First, medical services will be reverting as much as possible to a "cash&carry" system virtually overnight. Two, relates to what I stated in the second line and gives rise to the prior line. The majority of Americans will opt out of the plan entirely and it will collapse like the house of cards that it is.

I'll add a third, independent doctors will be the key factor in this revolt. They will be the first ones hurt the most in their pocket books by the failure of this system.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Aliensun

The handwriting is on the wall, already. This thing is going to collapse so badly that it may take down the whole economic system in the country. Two things you can expect: First, medical services will be reverting as much as possible to a "cash&carry" system virtually overnight. Two, relates to what I stated in the second line and gives rise to the prior line. The majority of Americans will opt out of the plan entirely and it will collapse like the house of cards that it is.

I'll add a third, independent doctors will be the key factor in this revolt. They will be the first ones hurt the most in their pocket books by the failure of this system.

Fact of the matter is American's don't like things shoved down their throat.
edit on 3-1-2014 by Zeppp because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join