It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New armband technology to control your digital world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Check this out

The product is called Myo from Thalmiclabs. I saw something similar a few years ago on Ted talks where an entrepreneur designed a gizmo which attaches to your fingers which detects motion to control your computer devices. It was equipped with a camera that hung around your neck. However, this is MUCH cooler and less intrusive. Just slip the band around your arm and let it detect your motor functions from muscle contractions. Very cool, I must say.

The future is here.

www.thalmic.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Great find...thanks for sharing...S+F

However, I`m still waiting for cyber helmet and body electrodes techonology that will directly put you inside a game

Only then people will start believing that we might be living in a simulation. Hard to explain to some people that for everything, there is mathematical code behind what you see/percieve...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Op3nM1nd3d

They already have it
Ill try and dig you a linkie or two

edit on 3-1-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

wot
that`s freaking awesome! It`s pretty basic I see, but in like twenty to thirty years or so, when this project advances, they will be able to transfer your mind into a game/simulation via brain stimulation like in matrix movie
And then you won`t need mouse and keyboard or keypad.

Still came earlier than I expected. Ahead of it`s time

Thanks for this, really. I never even searched on the thing, because I thought we are yet to make sth like it.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I can't find the article, but recently scientists have been able to reproduce images of what people are "thinking". The image looks blurry, but you can tell what object the person is thinking about.

If we can get one-way transmission from brain to computer, it won't be to terribly long before we're about to do it both ways. Once we've achieved that, it's a matter of time before the signals become more clear and realistic.

Maybe if we could understand dreams more we could find a way to have a computer device put us into a REM state that left us lucid. If you haven't lucid dreamed before, it's quite the experience. You basically are Superman in your own dream.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Op3nM1nd3d

There is more high tech VR then that, thats just scrathing the surface. they even have one with a low traction disk you stand on and lock yourself into with special shoes and running, ducking, jumping is translated into the game.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Hehe, yeah we might be "dreaming" right this moment and can`t tell because it might be so sophisticated simulation that seems so real.

I can't find the article, but recently scientists have been able to reproduce images of what people are "thinking". The image looks blurry, but you can tell what object the person is thinking about.

If we can get one-way transmission from brain to computer, it won't be to terribly long before we're about to do it both ways. Once we've achieved that, it's a matter of time before the signals become more clear and realistic.

Maybe we will only discover what`s already there and we are just looking at it from the wrong end

I made a thread on this subject, but not many people are keen on the idea. If you are interested in reading it, here is the link...www.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by Brotherman

There is more high tech VR then that, thats just scrathing the surface. they even have one with a low traction disk you stand on and lock yourself into with special shoes and running, ducking, jumping is translated into the game.

Sounds to me like I can cut out 10 to 20 years
This is really closer than I hoped to think...That explains why more and more scientists are fond of the idea of living in a simulation.
edit on 3-1-2014 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Gesture and motion control make me wonder if that will ever lead to telekinesis once the common person discovers the interconnection of matter.

And they called it witchcraft....

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I feel and think along those exact lines
talk about a new era, one in which people no longer require the need to speak to one another. Chances are it would be used negatively en masse what would be the point in democracy when at that point things would be decided by an overwhelming pool of collective conscious thoughts that lean certain ways. It would make things simpler and more complicated if used for evil we would all be EFFED

new topics

top topics

join