It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost achieved Astral projection until something scary happened..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Last night before i went to bed, I almost astral projected. It was the closest i ever came. The body paralyses came on. And my eyes we're open but closed. I could see my tv and my room in my head. Now from this point i realized all i had to do was the lifting method, to try and move out of your body.. i slowly started to do that but once i got about 2 inches out of my body something terrifying happened.

When I left my body for a short few seconds what appeared to be a demon spoke to me.
The voice was almost a vibrational sound, the language was unknown. It was so weird because
the voice felt external. It felt like it wasnt created in my mind. I tried to control it and almost vanish it from my mind like a thought. But it talked and manifested like it was its own entity and not a figment of my imagination.. It was so surreal. The scary voice terrified me so i snapped out of the projection like a bad nightmare. I woke up and touched the wall to re-assure that i was in the waking state..

God that was terrifying.

After all this i had a series of a weird symbolic dreams i cant remember. I had a #ed up dream that my girlfriend wanted to sleep with my friend and she was trying to hide it and the whole dream she was trying to like sleep with my friends lol.. I think its all in my sub-conscience because of my jealousy issues or something idk. Then the dream continued and i sensed this "demon" again. There was a tree branch that i was carrying around with 2 branches split down the middle. One of my friends ripped off one of the branches and something like spiritual almost happened and ran.. and when he ran away this black spirit followed him. that's all i can remember but i just had to share all this

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

Freaky... the dreams sound symbolic. Like maybe the twin branch is symbolic of your friend and your relationship and he ripped his part away and ran. Maybe your minds way of building on this fear of your girlfriend and him hooking up. I wouldn't worry about the dreams, just your subconcious, but try not to be jealous and suspicious. I'd be careful with the AP business though.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

That is crazy. At one point in time, I was practicing Astral Projecting using a similar method. I started to freak out during a certain period of time when your body starts to vibrate and then you are basically in the same spot you were.

Just detaching from my body, even without leaving it, opened me up for a long time to a gigantic increase in psychic activity... especially within my dreams for a while. I had a few dreams that were more realistic than real-life - like high-definition real life.

The demon speaking is definitely unexpected. Do you know what it said?
edit on 03amFri, 03 Jan 2014 09:48:13 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It sounds like a lot of trust issues as far as the dreams are concerned depending on your age it is a good time to deal with them. Do you have any commitments with a girlfriend other than verbal? So what if she was having sex with your friends? There is another one...

As far as astral projections I have always considered my body to be my own why would I want to leave it? No I am an EXTREMELY vivid and lucid dreamer so I suppose I do visit those realms, but have always felt my body was safer that way. If our bodies are vessels or containment devices to experience reality perhaps there are other beings out there that would envy such things...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

The lucid dreaming and vivid dreaming is supposedly a great way to do a lot of things that you could do with Astral Projecting anyway - I think you can use lucid dreaming as a jump point for portals and travelling across time and space anyway, although I haven't tried it myself yet.

I got freaked out when attempting Astral Projection. I guess there could be some benefits like being able to actually fly around through physical space, not sure. But I didn't have the fortitude... I agree with Engineer, the dreams definitely sound symbolic and could possibly have to do with relationship issues.
edit on 03amFri, 03 Jan 2014 09:52:06 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I think for the mean-time you should not attempt it again for a while, practice some meditation and raise some mental barriers, try again when you feel a bit more confident with it, you're playing with the unknown here!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

darkbake

That is crazy. At one point in time, I was practicing Astral Projecting using a similar method. I started to freak out during a certain period of time when your body starts to vibrate and then you are basically in the same spot you were.

Just detaching from my body, even without leaving it, opened me up for a long time to a gigantic increase in psychic activity... especially within my dreams for a while. I had a few dreams that were more realistic than real-life - like high-definition real life.

The demon speaking is definitely unexpected. Do you know what it said?
edit on 03amFri, 03 Jan 2014 09:48:13 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

No like i said the language that this "thing" projected was un-comprehend-able and foreign to me. But when it spoke it almost had like a vibrational sound to it like the noise that the asian girl from the grudge made except with words. Lol

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Please read:

astralbob.com...

and the very good practical guide here:

www.robertpeterson.org...

I think it was in the first book by R. Bruce where I read that it is not uncommon that voices (you say "demons") might be experienced and actually try to discourage the projector from doing it. The advice given here was SIMPLY TO IGNORE THOSE VOICES.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

abeverage
It sounds like a lot of trust issues as far as the dreams are concerned depending on your age it is a good time to deal with them. Do you have any commitments with a girlfriend other than verbal? So what if she was having sex with your friends? There is another one...

As far as astral projections I have always considered my body to be my own why would I want to leave it? No I am an EXTREMELY vivid and lucid dreamer so I suppose I do visit those realms, but have always felt my body was safer that way. If our bodies are vessels or containment devices to experience reality perhaps there are other beings out there that would envy such things...

Here's the thing.. No more then 2 weeks ago she was with my best friend.. They broke up and me and her got together.. It was a dirtbag move but we fell in love.. Now that instant trust barrier is destroyed.. idk what i got myself into. It's like if she could do that to him then whats going to stop her from doing the same for me.But this guy was extremely jealous/controlling and i know that tends to push away woman.. insecurities are apparently unattractive. And what do you mean about commitments? Me and her have this commitment to get sober together for the new year. And we havent had sex yet, we only fooled around a little bit but thats about it. Its been almost 2 weeks.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Astral projection is something I wish I could do. However, since I don't fully know if it truly exists or not I doubt I ever will. I have however read a lot about it, and about "OOBE's" and the likes. I've often heard of people talking about "things" that exist in that realm that could possibly harm you.

What those "things" are, I have no clue. I'd link you to the articles I've read but they're several years old and I no longer have them. But you might want to do a quick Google and read some "out there" beliefs. Never know if they're true or not, and as I say "better safe than sorry".

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I have never experienced anything negative while trying to astral project. I have read on numerous occasions that to prevent negative energies try to increase your vibrations to a Higher level. There are an abondant amount of books that teach you how.

Alls I know, is that if that happened to me, I'd never try to have an oobe again. Yikers!

Good luck

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Whelp; why not chime in as the resident Jedi...

I've attained astral projection ( not over any great distances ) a couple of times in the last few years that I've been meditating regularly for.

What I can say for sure is that I've been stopped short by unidentifiable forces on one occasion that I can recall, and while it was truly startling, I have no recollection of bad dreams to follow or anything else of the sort.

Since then I've likely OOB'd maybe twice, and on neither ( none? ) of these occasions have I been revisited by the same external force.

I propose that there may be a correlation between the time and location you were doing this at, on a spiritual level; if we are going to assume an outside force. I would suggest replicating your meditation at the same time and place and seeing what happens.

To be a little less ( or more? Who knows ) enlightened in my answer; consider too the potential of your own subconscious barriers, and whether or not say... meditation, is frowned upon by your first studied religion, or something of the sort.

Anyway, cheers for the post, I've experienced similar things and moved on, I suggest you find a way to do the same. All in due time.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Auricom

Astral projection is something I wish I could do. However, since I don't fully know if it truly exists or not I doubt I ever will. I have however read a lot about it, and about "OOBE's" and the likes. I've often heard of people talking about "things" that exist in that realm that could possibly harm you.

What those "things" are, I have no clue. I'd link you to the articles I've read but they're several years old and I no longer have them. But you might want to do a quick Google and read some "out there" beliefs. Never know if they're true or not, and as I say "better safe than sorry".

Oh it's real.. Ive read about it for years ive reached the first stage of paralyses and sensed the world without senses. (if that makes sense) My eyes we're closed but I could see my room and everything that was going on it. But i've never gotten this far. Once you reach this stage is when you begin to try and "rise" out of your body.. Apparently these voices are not to be feared and should be ignored when trying to OBE. But hey im only 20 and to me that's a pretty big jump. It's deffinitly a terrifying feeling.. It's basically a simulation of death, because in actuality it basically is. These manifestations of fear are just dwellers trying to discourage someone from projecting from there body.. I wonder why this is.. Ill continue reading.

Deliberate: Another possibility is that some astral noises are deliberately produced and
telepathically aimed at projectors by low-order astral wildlife. These noises appear to be a very
cleverly designed audio illusion, a sneaky distraction designed to worry or trick a projector into
aborting an imminent exit. This trickery and deceit i
continue here

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

abeverage

You watched the sequel to Insidious recently didn't you?
That's enough to keep me firmly anchored in my own body!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

BruceEFury
My eyes we're closed but I could see my room and everything that was going on it.

I do that quite often, it's like I'm half asleep and can see the room around me. I always figured it was me dreaming or perhaps having my eyes slightly open when I'm asleep taking in the information around me and presenting it to me via a dream.

Thanks for your input, I'm going to have to start researching this again.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Things can hurt or kill you in this reality we live in too. Every morning when I go to work...I can get hit by car...we don't stay home because of it.

Having done some meditation and a few lucid dreams, I was unable to achieve AP...although I haven't tried really hard. I have discipline issues

What I wanted to say...but am perhaps not experienced enough to suggest, I would go further if I were you. I think there is nothing to fear really. You should certainly follow already established guidelines by the people who are more proficient in this field and you should be safe. You are always connected to you body and can be back "home" in a blink of an eye.

You must realize that the control is your mind. Your thoughts, the driving force.

Anyway...thanks for sharing your experience. Sounds a bit spooky with that voice for sure. But fear not.

it's scary because it's new

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The first time I ever heard of astral projection was in a church when I was a kid, 10 or so. Being a preachers kid I was brought up going to exorcisms, having demons ride the tailgate of the car, etc etc.

Anyway the guy giving the sermon was an ex "new age prophet" which at the time was akin to being a satanist in the eyes of the church. He mentioned astral projection and he and some friends were practicing and he succeed and was flying around and loving it. He mentioned he did it several times, and the last time he did, he was on the slope of a mountain, and he watched an "entity" which he now "knows" was a demon, swoop down to his body and try to enter it. He said he returned to his body and this thing kept attacking him.

As I grew older and wiser and moved away from the churches teachings, I tried it several times, but didn't have the meditation or focus to achieve it. I have the meditation and focus now, but curiously have no desire.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.abovetopsecret.com...

The River Goddess, who is no longer with us, had great threads about her OOBE's. You may want to read through her threads on the subject.

I'm trying to provide a link, but I don't know if this is gonna work...... If not, just do a search for The River Goddess, which should provide some useful information for you. The title of the thread is "conscious Oobe....It's Real!!"

ETA: The link apparently works.
edit on 3-1-2014 by hebegbes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

BruceEFury
Last night before i went to bed, I almost astral projected. It was the closest i ever came. The body paralyses came on. And my eyes we're open but closed. I could see my tv and my room in my head. Now from this point i realized all i had to do was the lifting method, to try and move out of your body.. i slowly started to do that but once i got about 2 inches out of my body something terrifying happened.

When I left my body for a short few seconds what appeared to be a demon spoke to me.
The voice was almost a vibrational sound, the language was unknown. It was so weird because
the voice felt external. It felt like it wasnt created in my mind. I tried to control it and almost vanish it from my mind like a thought. But it talked and manifested like it was its own entity and not a figment of my imagination.. It was so surreal. The scary voice terrified me so i snapped out of the projection like a bad nightmare. I woke up and touched the wall to re-assure that i was in the waking state..

God that was terrifying.

After all this i had a series of a weird symbolic dreams i cant remember. I had a #ed up dream that my girlfriend wanted to sleep with my friend and she was trying to hide it and the whole dream she was trying to like sleep with my friends lol.. I think its all in my sub-conscience because of my jealousy issues or something idk. Then the dream continued and i sensed this "demon" again. There was a tree branch that i was carrying around with 2 branches split down the middle. One of my friends ripped off one of the branches and something like spiritual almost happened and ran.. and when he ran away this black spirit followed him. that's all i can remember but i just had to share all this

The demon was always there, he was waiting for you to enter his playground via parasomiac activity. Similar things happen to me from time to time, only I never try to astral project, they just take me there in my sleep. They get violent, so be careful. If you have accepted Jesus as savior, they will run when you call His name. If you use His name without faith, the attack will become more violent.

Dont play with these guys, they can kill you if you arent spiritually guarded.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

iRoyalty

I think for the mean-time you should not attempt it again for a while, practice some meditation and raise some mental barriers, try again when you feel a bit more confident with it, you're playing with the unknown here!

Maybe that is a wise move or maybe your word will create fear that is not needed of the unknown. I cannot say if it is one or the other.

<<   2 >>

join