It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing up unvaccinated: This is what happens when your parents refuse

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Am I allowed to use the troll word? OP is such obvious propaganda my mind reels.

My mother was a heath care professional and vaccination schedules were extremely important to her. I contracted measles when I was three years old.

I have a good friend who, although he had been regularly vaccinated as a child, contracted mumps in his early 20's and became infertile as a result.

My Grandmother contracted polio in the 1920's and her home was put under quarantine. She had eleven siblings but was the only child to contract the disease. Her parents rubbed her legs several times a day with moonshine, which was illegal because this took place during prohibition. She made a full recovery and confessed it probably wasn't the moonshine treatment as much as the one-on-one attention she received from her parents that aided her recovery.

edit on 3-1-2014 by hurdygurdy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

nixie_nox
A blog written by a propagandist isn't evidence.

I immediately became suspicious when she magically contracted every childhood illness known to man.

She must be the unluckiest person on the planet.

I have to agree on one point. She mentioned "scarlatina". This should not even come into the discussion, and it shows either her ignorance, or her intent to mislead. This immediately jumped out at me as I read the OP.

Scarlatina is caused by the same bacteria that causes strep throat. I have had this now, 3 times, as an adult. Yes, even if you have had your tonsils out, you can still get scarlatina, and strep throat. Many adults believe that once you have your tonsils removed, you are "cured" from ever getting strep, and this is simply not true.

Usually, the first sign is a pinpoint red rash that is slightly painful, and spreads to almost resemble sunburn. I had the rash on my hands, arms, chest, adbomen, back and legs all 3 times I got scarlatina. One time, I also had the "strawberry tongue", where my tongue was very red, and very painful.

I was not ever aware that I was exposed to, nor that I had contracted strep throat, because having had my tonsils removed as a child, my symptoms were simply that of a mild cold.

When I went to the doctor the first time, they had students on site, and it was so rarely seen that the doctor asked my permission to have the students come in and see my rash so they would be able to identify it once they graduated and became doctors. Obviously, I said yes.

I digress. Scarlatina is NOT a "childhood disease" per se, like one that can be vaccinated against. It is due to a common childhood illness, strep throat, hence, I do not understand her inclusion of this in her "story".

If left untreated, scarlatina can become a systemic strep infection. It can cause serious kidney disease, or even Rheumatic Fever, even serious heart valve disorders.

It is not a disease to be taken lightly, but also not a disease confined to children. Many people do develop an immunity, so my having contracted it 3 times was uncommon, but not unheard of. But, keep in mind, this is bacteria, not viral.

Again, there is no vaccine, so, was this a misperception on her part, propaganda, or just her trying to include "everything" in her story telling? You decide.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

No one in their right mind should have anything against
the vaccines that have stiffled major diseases of the past.
But the way things are nowdays, people shouldn't just trust,
not one damn bit. I would demand a vile big enough for test-
ing from the same bottle the pull my shot from.

And that flu shot they just love to give us all every year ?
You know where they can put that. Don't like my attitude ?
To bad, the entire medical profession and big pharma have no
credibility after Gaurdisil and hopp'in and out of bed whith each
other, suppressing cures for cancer, prescribing drugs that are
literally rotting peoples organs, for any and every lil ailment they
happen to mention. And basically defining the absolute hypocrisy
in the oath of Hippocrates. ( Hypocrates )

I would rather die by the flu then wonder if I was dying as the result
of my dumbass trusting some quack that might believe in depop
and actually off'n people while hiding behind trying to cure 'em.
Seen way to much, over and over again.

edit on 3-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ValerieDivusen

I will agree that many times the truth is somewhere in between.
However your extreme posed poster is tragically to the wrong extreme of an obvious and untruthfull joke.
I lay on the other end. Not the extreme one, but rather a holistic and natural one.
I don t take drugs. Not even the simplest of painkillers. When the situations call and with no other resort, then i will take the doctors and scientists word, as i am one myself. I just don t indulge to unnecessary strain and don t feel this is an era of safe vaccination. Not been for a while. Will also keep quite clear for a long while too untill the madness of TPTB goes extinct by the peoples of the nations.

Love,
G.
edit on 3/1/2014 by GEORGETHEGREEK because: mistypes and spelling typos while typing from a mobile device. You see this happens a lot whilst i do half my contribution in this way. Please forgive me.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Also some more things you should know.

"drank plenty of water. I wasn’t even allowed pop; even my fresh juice was watered down to protect my teeth, and I would’ve killed for white, shop-bought bread in my lunch box once in a while and biscuits instead of fruit like all the other kids.
We only ate (organic local) meat maybe once or twice a week and my mother and father cooked everything from scratch – I have yet to taste a Findus crispy pancake and oven chips were reserved for those nights when mum and dad had friends over and we got a “treat.” "

"That description is definitely not me or my family we ate the American way."

Please explain what the American way is...for us foreigners.

I see your post was snipped for comments about my other threads. You should familiarize yourself with this sites T&C however I am glad to see you have taken such an interest in all my other threads I only ask

I have done a quick look at some of your other threads...lets see
you have a problem with rights of the States versus the Feds when it comes to medical intervention invariably siding with the Orwelian thought of Govt knows best.

You like to cherry pick and start threads where extreme child neglect with a background of religious parents.

You like to start threads about Costcos and bibles

In your pursuit of science you've never come across any evidence? whatsoever?
about how ADHD/ritalin and Psychiatrys creation of new and evergrowing disease/conditions needing treatment (lol)?

How about starting a thread on the adverse effects of Vaccinations?

And again what is the American way of eating ? Grits, bacon, hash brown... oh hang on...no maybe now it includes GMOs Soy Corn syrup.

In all fairness lay your cards on the table and state you stand for Big Govt no religion and Doctor knows best
BTW dont take the above the wrong way, I am genuinely interested to know
peace

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheConstruKctionofLight

And again what is the American way of eating ?

I'm gonna guess and say it involves a lotta cheese.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

abeverage
I believe in vaccinations vs. risk. If there is sufficient risk get vaccinated, you will survive the flu but you will not certain other diseases.

I do not however believe in over-vacinating or nor do I trust Drug companies...

I'm a highly skeptical person and I love conspiracy theories. I consider myself to be reasonably intelligent (the other two factors considered -heh heh-) ... and easy to get along with. I've worked in military health care services for the past decade. Here's what I've come to find out:

The folks who work in Pathology are, on average, the coolest people in the hospital. They're very down-to-Earth, easy to talk to, love their jobs, and decent people ... just like us. They love to talk about where they've been, interesting things that have happened in their lives, their families ... and what it is they do in the lab.

Now, in all this time, I've NEVER met one who has said the first negative thing about a vaccination schedule. Do understand, I'm talking about one of the most highly vaccinated segments of American society. In the military, if you refuse a vaccination (or a series of vaccinations) there can be serious negative repercussions. As a civilian, I had to take the Anthrax series myself (oh my God ... that one freaked me out), because of certain things I 'may be' exposed to.

When I was a kid, my old man was a pathologist, and eventually became the Chief of Microbiology for a state-run hospital system. I've asked him point blank about this since he's retired. Not a sliver of concern.

Some people WILL have a negative reaction to a vaccine. It DOES happen ... and the consequences can be devastating. But, there is 'risk -vs- reward' to consider. The OP amplifies what life can be like without the benefits of preventive medicine. (Thanks Grimpachi - S&F)

I care about the readership of this site ... enough to weigh in and strongly recommend you set your skeptical views aside ... and carefully consider the absolutely known dangers you'll be subjecting your very own children to if you forego the collective knowledge that is modern medicine. DENY ignorance folks!! Please.

ETA: Consider that I cared enough to type all this way back on page 5 of this thread.
edit on 312014 by Snarl because: Typos and ETA

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I worked in the Pharma racket for 15 years. From the time I left school until I became too disillusioned to continue in my profession, I spent almost 11 years handing out drugs. Those years were split between retail and hospital work and having seen both sides and having watched patients get sicker from the pills only to be prescribed more pills, I decided to change my profession.
I tried talking to docs about the side-effects of the drugs, pointing out to them that there were other meds that didn't have the same side effects. The ones who were true physicians studied the issue and made changes. But most of them were writing whatever the most generous drug rep was touting this month.
I tell you the truth. The majority of those docs were getting free weekends in Vegas or Cancun, or wherever and it became obvious that nothing would get into their heads once the drug rep had spoken of golfing or fishing on the Gulf in return for writing just 100 scripts for the latest, greatest cure for....
The drug reps are trained in marketing---I challenge you to find a Big Pharma rep that has taken a single class in pharmacology.
It's about the money.
Pick up any shiny magazine publication and leaf through it and try to estimate how much the ads for Pharma in that magazine are worth in ad dollars. Listen to the radio---same deal---tv---same deal.
Now take a deep breath and realize that the industry is spending billions and billions of dollars to convince you that you need at least 7 different medications on a daily basis.
Now think about this---is the mainstream media---the biggest single recipient of all those ad dollars---going to wring the neck of that goose by reporting actual cases of death and destruction caused by the "trials" of the companies that pay them to say great things about the poisons they produce?
Don't get me wrong, mainstream medicine has a place in our lives. They are great with trauma but they don't embrace a healing mode, they treat symptoms. It is what they are trained to do. Some do it really well but it seems to me that most today are what I've come to call the Clan of the White-Coated Demi-gods. They have a great following of dedicated disciples. Some have posted here I see.
My problem with mainstream medicine is that they seek to be the only game in town and have attempted to systematically outlaw and discredit anything that varies from their particular training. How did natural medicines and cures become "alternative" to humans?
I watched Vioxx disable and kill more than one man who had been perfectly healthy except for tennis elbow or some other minor inflammatory complaint. By that time I was out of the business and glad of it. You may believe that the execs at Merck have only your good health as their mission in life but I'm not buying that particular bottle of snake oil.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by diggindirt

So ... you worked in a pharmacy for 11 years. I could safely assume you know the difference between apples and oranges. Why don't you start a specific thread on your topic. You have enough posts to do so.

Prescription meds and vaccinations are vastly different. You know this ... and yet you cast aspersions on the one without making this clear to the unwashed masses.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

diggindirt
I worked in the Pharma racket for 15 years. From the time I left school until I became too disillusioned to continue in my profession, I spent almost 11 years handing out drugs. Those years were split between retail and hospital work and having seen both sides and having watched patients get sicker from the pills only to be prescribed more pills, I decided to change my profession.
I tried talking to docs about the side-effects of the drugs, pointing out to them that there were other meds that didn't have the same side effects. The ones who were true physicians studied the issue and made changes. But most of them were writing whatever the most generous drug rep was touting this month.
I tell you the truth. The majority of those docs were getting free weekends in Vegas or Cancun, or wherever and it became obvious that nothing would get into their heads once the drug rep had spoken of golfing or fishing on the Gulf in return for writing just 100 scripts for the latest, greatest cure for....
The drug reps are trained in marketing---I challenge you to find a Big Pharma rep that has taken a single class in pharmacology.
It's about the money.
Pick up any shiny magazine publication and leaf through it and try to estimate how much the ads for Pharma in that magazine are worth in ad dollars. Listen to the radio---same deal---tv---same deal.
Now take a deep breath and realize that the industry is spending billions and billions of dollars to convince you that you need at least 7 different medications on a daily basis.
Now think about this---is the mainstream media---the biggest single recipient of all those ad dollars---going to wring the neck of that goose by reporting actual cases of death and destruction caused by the "trials" of the companies that pay them to say great things about the poisons they produce?
Don't get me wrong, mainstream medicine has a place in our lives. They are great with trauma but they don't embrace a healing mode, they treat symptoms. It is what they are trained to do. Some do it really well but it seems to me that most today are what I've come to call the Clan of the White-Coated Demi-gods. They have a great following of dedicated disciples. Some have posted here I see.
My problem with mainstream medicine is that they seek to be the only game in town and have attempted to systematically outlaw and discredit anything that varies from their particular training. How did natural medicines and cures become "alternative" to humans?
I watched Vioxx disable and kill more than one man who had been perfectly healthy except for tennis elbow or some other minor inflammatory complaint. By that time I was out of the business and glad of it. You may believe that the execs at Merck have only your good health as their mission in life but I'm not buying that particular bottle of snake oil.

I LOVE YOU MAN!

Nothing gay.

Just thank you for oppening up peoples eyes and minds from their well orchestrated oblivion.

I bow in respect.
George.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
My grandchildren are sick a lot. They have been vaccinated. Most of their sickness is from the body overreacting to viruses and bacteria. The bodies immune system is too strong. When they got the vaccinations they got very sick. That is a different type of problem. They needed some of the vaccines, but they do not need the flu shot, it has caused them a lot of grief. Two of them wound up in the ER within days of getting the flu vaccine. A couple of doctors told my daughter that they do not need the vaccine and it can hurt them. It seems like the nurses and teachers think they know more than the doctors though and are trying to push my daughter into getting her kids to take the flu shot. They are not certified to try to convince my daughter that the flu vaccine is right for her kids. They do not listen to what she says. This kind of coercion should be illegal. They also spread rumors that everyone should get vaccinated without allowing for the kids that have proof that they should not take them.

I see problems with society, not actually the doctors who know the child's history and have the training to make a determination. The problem she was having is doctors originally being BSed by the Pharma company that their vaccines were good for everyone. The CDC has tried to correct this but it is still going on. Doctors should all be made aware that this is real and that there are quite a few people, millions, that this applies to.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Afraid of loosing the bonus or the vacation doc?
Maybe its that free conference in Brazil near the hot beaches.....

I step all over you.

How is vaccines a different matter?
It is just handled in a different matter by differing interests on a deeper scale through the governmental infrastructure most possibly for TPTB and the colosal nowadays global industries.

Shame on you, your soul and your being for treating in such a manner a person that spoke responsibly and having elaborated his experience against your empty ill thought.

You may now extinguish to extinction.
Enough of a burden your blind foolness has been to your environment both at a physical and intelectual state.

People like you have brought the world to its current problematic state of disfunction and collapse.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

DENY ignorance folks!! Please.

Our federal government has granted big pharma full
immunity from ever being sued over any of their rec-
commended daily dose of public poisons.
By that fact alone you can see they're to damn big for any
criminal charges to ever come against them. To consider this
by itself and be aware of what they can now send down the pike
to us ? Wouldn't you call that denying ignorance ?

edit on 3-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Snarl

Prescription meds and vaccinations are vastly different. You know this ... and yet you cast aspersions on the one without making this clear to the unwashed masses.

Ahh I would love to respond sarcastically to this comment as it seems to me quite narrow minded, but that would be against my T&Cs...

But yeah..Pills and needles..Same s#ht different pile. Same companies, same nefarious agendas.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You make an undeniable point.

Our staff monitors the effects of vaccinations. As I said, there is an expectation of negative reaction. I, being a hospital employee, fall into the category of guinea pig ... and I accept that for the paycheck I draw. I know there has been extensive testing before I am subjected to the jab (I'm good with that). The anthrax series ... yeah ... I was having a reaction, and it became more pronounced as the series progressed. My son got that too when he enlisted and we share stories. Neither of us seem the worse for wear.

What they can now send down the pike

... any CT worth his salt worries about that.

reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Afraid of loosing the bonus or the vacation doc?

I wish!! LOL

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Then maybe you are not on the same level as the people i am describing.

Forgive me for being harsh while trying to bring forth a meaning.

You must understand my agony on current world afairs. I am sure you do.

Didn' t want to be insultive and i gather i have not been just because you are not in the junktrain.

Sorry man.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

You may be right about the Pharma Reps not having Pharmaceutical degrees. I knew two of them, one is still working and the other lost his local job because of cutbacks a couple of years ago. Neither has a degree in the field, they both have college degrees and are very friendly and get along easily with people. The Pharma companies were giving cruises to doctors before, but I think the government got down on that a while back. I knew an internal medicine doctor working with a local hospital who was going somewhere twice a year, almost every year. I doubt if the practice ended, they probably just found a better way of hiding it.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

GEORGETHEGREEK
reply to post by Snarl

Sorry man.

Never a need to apologize to me, brother. Always feel free to speak your mind. I hate political correctness ... especially in passionate discussions.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Snarl

So ... you worked in a pharmacy for 11 years. I could safely assume you know the difference between apples and oranges. Why don't you start a specific thread on your topic. You have enough posts to do so.

Yes, for 11 of my 15 years of working in pharmacies, it was my license hanging on the wall.

Vaccines are prescription medications. They are manufactured for masses of people, same as other pharmaceutical preparations; they are not tailored to the needs of the patient. I don't understand your statement---how are they "vastly different"? The "vast difference" is not in the meds but in the human bodies into which the meds are being injected.

The level of protection for diseases afforded by vaccines can be checked by running blood work and looking at titre counts. This works pretty well for the true vaccines and proves they are doing their jobs. It used to be the standard for releasing/using vaccines because it was "proof" that the vaccine was effective. That scientific, simple method of testing efficacy of the vaccines was thrown out when Pharma began introducing vaccines against viral illness because not a single one could pass that simple test. I'm not sure what the situation is these days because I don't follow mainstream medicine anymore.

Just so you know, you won't deflect my attention by suggesting I go start another thread.
Also, what "unwashed masses"? I am addressing a bunch of folks who are interested in this issue and from most of the replies, it seems that some of us have done a lot of investigating and thinking on both sides of the issue. I'm truly sorry if I've offended but I try to make my posts as understandable as possible without a lot of jargon. That comes from the 20+ years I spent in public education in a completely different field of study.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Could be just more g=v propaganda. They do TONS OF THAT to try and scare people into believing or adding some legitimacy to there claims as to why. Sounds like a perfect hit piece. And let me guess you were either convinced or releaved to know you got immunized as a kid after reading it? (or both). Welllll.......BOOOOOO!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join