It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 for 16 - The 16 Most Talked About GOP'ers for 2016

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
A list of 16 GOPers most likely to be running for 2016.
Brief info is included at the article.
Feel free to add your speculation ....

16 for 16 - The 16 Most Talked About GOP'ers for 2016
Jeb Bush. Dr. Ben Carson. Chris Christie. Ted Cruz. Nikki Haley. Mike Huckabee.
Bobby Jindal. John Kasich. Peter King. Susana Martinez. Rand Paul. Rick Perry.
Marco Rubio. Paul Ryan. Rick Santorum. Scott Walker.

Thats the most likely 2016 field for the GOP according to the aricle. My comments are below.

NOT A CHANCE TO BE NOMINATED GROUP -
Jeb Bush. - America is worn out with Bush's.
Dr. Ben Carson. - Good common sense speaker but not political material.
Mike Huckabee. - It's silly to even consider him in the list.
Peter King. - Too gruff. He'll turn voters off.
Susana Martinez - Who?
Rick Perry - Made a fool of himself in the last run for POTUS.
Rick Santorum. - 'Nice guy' but not capable of doing the job and too soft for the run.
Rand Paul - VP? He's got some of his fathers following and add some more disgruntled Americans. He wouldn't have the support of Republicans in office. i'd think they'd undermine his run if they thought he was getting close to a nomination.

MAYBE NOMINATED GROUP-
Ted Cruz - VP? popular in many circles but not enough experience. (but that didn't stop Obama)
Bobby Jindal - Could do the job but he aligned himself closely with Rick Perry. Not good.

COULD MAKE A GOOD RUN - (if 'we the people' were really voting people into office)
Nikki Haley - intelligent and experienced. Good in politics.
Scott Walker - Intelligent and experienced. Good in politics.
John Kasich - intelligent and experienced. People weary of 'rock star politicians' would like him.
Marco Rubio - Could make a VP run work.
Paul Ryan - Could make a VP run work.

PROBABLY WILL BE THE NOMINEE -
Chris Chrisie - I think it's already been set by TPTB.
He is 'their' pick and so that's who will 'win' the primaries.

In addition to the 16 people in the article, I do not see anyone else on the horizon for the GOP.
That doesn't mean anything. Clinton came out of nowhere and won .... twice.
I think it'll come down to Christie vs Hillary. And Christie would win.
Disclaimer ... and no, I wouldn't vote for either one of them.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Few of those characters could win their own state, let alone a national election. I'd be most worried about Chris Christie and Jeb Bush as a ticket - Christie because he's the type that appeals to angry people, and Jeb Bush because people will be surprised that one of them can actually communicate in complete sentences. And Scott Walker, ha!, no comment. Now all Christie has to do is get through the primaries, where he may falter and look like a ruffian if he can't control himself.

On the Dem side, I think Hillary will have to pick either Kerry or Senator Sherrod Brown from Ohio (to try and grab its electoral votes away from Christie) for V.P.

edit on 3-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Jeb Bush, people likes trilogies

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

As long as Hilary doesnt step foot in that house ill be happy.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Why are people even putting Ted Cruz's name out there? His dad was a Cuban and he was physically born on Canadian soil. There is no way the Constitution can be changed in the time between now and the primaries. Natural Born Citizen. People made a stink about BOTH Obama and McCain. Cruz was NOT born on US territory. Simple as that.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Jeb Bush ? Really ?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'd like to see Paul Ryan and Rand Paul team up. They dynamics of the two are different enough, they would offset nicely. But then that's perfect world type stuff. We will probably have the choice (or the appearance of a choice) between Jeb Bush and Billary.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

I absolutely agree. People should also be aware that Rubio and Jindal are NOT natural born citizens, either. I am very sick and tired of TPTB pushing ineligibles as viable candidates...tired of them wiping their butts all over the Constitution...
edit on 3-1-2014 by Habit4ming because: grammar

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Aleister
I'd be most worried about Chris Christie and Jeb Bush as a ticket -

I think having 'Bush' on a ticket would be a kiss of death.

I think Hillary will have to pick either Kerry or Senator Sherrod Brown from Ohio

Maybe she can 'make nice' with Bill Richardson. He's more than qualified and would be a good choice. But they had a falling out when he endorsed Obama instead of her.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I don't think the GOP will win another presidential election in our lifetime.

That is unless the do a complete 180 and change their attitude towards minorities, the poor, immigrants and women.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

the owlbear
Why are people even putting Ted Cruz's name out there? His dad was a Cuban and he was physically born on Canadian soil.

I think those are non issues.
If the dems bring it up, then the other side will bring up Obama's similar 'issues' ...
Obama's father was Kenyan and there is a question about where Obama was born. (YES there is)
That didn't bother the majority of American voters.
Ted Cruz is a 'natural born US citizen'.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

muse7

I'm sure that's a fantasy of all hard core left wingers, but the truth is that there isn't much difference between the Dems and the Republicans these days. Obama and Bush43??? Nearly twins separated at birth.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

FlyersFan

the owlbear
Why are people even putting Ted Cruz's name out there? His dad was a Cuban and he was physically born on Canadian soil.

I think those are non issues.
If the dems bring it up, then the other side will bring up Obama's similar 'issues' ...
Obama's father was Kenyan and there is a question about where Obama was born. (YES there is)
That didn't bother the majority of American voters.
Ted Cruz is a 'natural born US citizen'.

No there's not, he released his birth certificate and it clearly says he was born in the United States.

I hope you know that by constantly bringing up the whole birther argument it just makes your side look like a bunch of nuts, similiar to how the whole country views the likes of Orly Taitz and Joe Arpaio and his whole "posse"

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

FlyersFan

muse7

I'm sure that's a fantasy of all hard core left wingers, but the truth is that there isn't much difference between the Dems and the Republicans these days. Obama and Bush43??? Nearly twins separated at birth.

It's not a fantasy, with every passing day it looks more like a reality.

The Republicans might be able to win the house due to all the gerrymandering but the white house? not a chance if the demographics keep going the way they are going.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

This would be a ticket I could back.

Nikki Haley - POTUS
Scott Walker - VP

Or visa-versa.

The rest of them...they can pound salt. (I like Rand Paul but he doesn't have enough experiance yet as far as I'm concerned, but he is climbing the ladder. Maybe as SoS?)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

muse7
No there's not, he released his birth certificate and it clearly says he was born in the United States.

Certificate of live birth ... but that's not the point ... read on ....

I hope you know that by constantly bringing up the whole birther argument it just makes your side look like a bunch of nuts,

I hope you know that I didn't say that I believed he was born in Kenya. I have said over and over that I think he probably was born in Hawaii.

My statement stands. There still is a question for a lot of Americans as to where Obama was born. And that didn't effect his election or his remaining in office. In the same way, Ted Cruz, being a natural born American citizen, won't have his place of birth matter. THAT was the point.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

TDawgRex
Nikki Haley - POTUS
Scott Walker - VP

That would be a good GOP ticket.

Up against ...
HIllary Clinton - POTUS
Bill Richardson - VP

That would make for an interesting election.
Everyone qualified. Everyone capable.
HOWEVER, my prediction is it'll be Christie.
I think TPTB have picked him.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

muse7

If you don't think that a republican can win in the White House during our generation ... that's what? 50 years? ... then I totally disagree with you. My statement stands ... I think it's a far left fantasy. 2016 will have Christie in office. Unfortunately. And he'll be no different than Bush43 and Obama ... who are two peas in a pod. It'll be triple threat in a row .. Bush43/Obama/Christie .. and no one will be able to tell the difference.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

muse7

FlyersFan

muse7

The Republicans might be able to win the house due to all the gerrymandering but the white house? not a chance if the demographics keep going the way they are going.

I would be ok with a GOP supermajority in Congress and a Dem as POTUS. They would pretty much cancel each other out and the rest of us can get on with our lives.

To be truthful, I would pretty much back any candidate regardless of party that runs on rescinding laws, rather than creating new ones that are not needed in the first place..

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

TDawgRex

I would be ok with a GOP supermajority in Congress and a Dem as POTUS. They would pretty much cancel each other out and the rest of us can get on with our lives.

Best likely scenario. If they cant do anything they cant cause any more harm.

To be truthful, I would pretty much back any candidate regardless of party that runs on rescinding laws, rather than creating new ones that are not needed in the first place..

Dream scenario. Too bad Americans love their tyrants.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join