It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea’s Kim Jong-un had uncle killed by 120 starving dogs!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well at least he didn't use a spoon.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

sheepslayer247
So no one can confirm this and nothing out of NK gives us reason to believe it?

I say its BS......propaganda against NK if you ask me.

Your probably right. They have been dishing out the Nuclear threat from NK propaganda for a while as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I wonder if Kim then Ate the Dogs for another Good Laugh .......Geez , talk about Barbarians...;(

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If so, then I'd suggest it marks the beginning of the end for Dear Leader. He is obviously being propped up by some power structure, and once they decide he is totally loony tunes, they'll be wondering when their turn comes.

...and so Dear Leader has a tragic accident. You heard it here first!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

openyourmind1262
...but stoning a woman to death for being raped in a Muslim country gets a page 3 byline.

I don't know what kind of news you're reading but that crap is plastered everywhere I look. But I do get what you're saying. Maybe the U.S. is starting to expose N.K. more lately as they're considering confronting them and need to garnish support for military action?

As much as I hate seeing America play the police force of the world and get in all sorts of nonsense it doesn't need to be in, but if the U.S. is going to get involved either way, I'd like to see them bitch slap that little idiot Kim Jong-un.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sozen94

what does time periods have to do with human nature? the year is just a number and any perception of modern humans somehow being more civilized is superficial and arrogant, modern humans might like to believe that lie but that's just denial on their part. look how war is waged in modern times and you can see how humans have become even more savage than ever, modern war is just about victory and nothing else, at any cost, it has become soulless and depraved just like humanity.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Just to add on this thread, according to this article, there's a few reasons to doubt this story:

First and foremost, let's consider the source. The story originated in a Hong Kong newspaper called Wen Wei Po, which oddly makes the claim without citing a source. With a couple of high-quality exceptions, Hong Kong media have a reputation for sensationalist and tabloidy stories that do not always turn out to be true. But, even by Hong Kong standards, Wen Wei Po is considered an unusually unreliable outlet. A recent study found that, out of Hong Kong's 21 newspapers, Wen Wei Po ranks 19th for credibility. (Thanks to Asia-watcher Taylor Washburn for flagging this.)

Second, consider the fact that the rest of the Chinese media have not touched this story in the almost-month since it came out. Some observers are treating the story as credible because Wen Wei Po is aligned with the Chinese government in Beijing; if anyone would know what really happened in Pyongyang, it would probably be the Chinese government, right? But Wen Wei Po is not anywhere near as close to China's power centers as official outlets such as Xinhua and the People's Daily. The entire remainder of the Chinese media have been sticking to the same story that everyone else has: that Jang was killed by either machine gun or anti-aircraft guns (the two could plausibly be conflated). China has not been shy about expressing its displeasure with North Korea lately, but the fact that little Wen Wei Po is all alone on this story should tell us something.

Third, South Korea's media have also not touched the story. "This story has hardly been picked up on by Korean media which is one reason to be suspicious," Chad O'Carroll, who edits the news site NKNews.org (their invaluable e-mail newsletter is here), told me via e-mail. "The other reason to be suspicious is because the rumor surfaced ages ago -- but no one paid attention to it," he said. South Korean media are quite plugged in to North Korean defector communities, to sources still in the country and most especially to South Korea's intelligence agency. Some of those outlets can be eager to pick up stories or rumors that portray North Korea in a negative light. And, as O'Carroll pointed out, they're not shy about running single-source stories. But South Korea's many news outlets, big and small, seem to be treating this story as so implausible it's not even worth mentioning. And they would know.

Fourth, the time lapse: this story has been around for almost a month, and it's not been anywhere near confirmed. That alone is not surprising, but the fact that Asia's many media circles have not even deigned to acknowledge the report is pretty telling. You might say that Asian media are treating it the way U.S. outlets respond when the National Enquirer reports that Hillary Clinton is ensnared in a sex scandal -- by ignoring it.

Fifth, the predominant story of what happened is much more plausible. It's not as though we're operating completely in the dark about Jang's execution. Far more credible outlets with far more credible sourcing have consistently described Jang as having been executed by firing squad; typically he is said to have been killed by anti-aircraft guns, though sometimes that is rounded down to machine guns. This is just much more consistent with what we know about North Korea. "He was in a military tribunal so it seems logical he would be executed by firing squad," O'Carroll said. The fact that South Korea's better-sourced and more credible media outlets continue to maintain that Jang was executed by firing squad, and not by 120 hungry dogs, as reported by a lone Hong Kong newspaper, should really underscore which version of events is more likely.

Sixth, as the satirist Karl Sharro put it, "The clue about the story of Kim Jong Un's uncle being fed to 120 hundred dogs being false is who has time to count dogs at a time like that." Okay, so that's not a real reason to disbelieve the story. But it was too funny not to include.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Zcustosmorum

I think your over-reacting, ancient Mayans cut out your heart whilst it was still beating in ceremony. Getting fed to starved dogs is pretty tame considering.

Execution plays a large part of human history, and it has been done by all countries at one time or another for various reasons. No big deal imo.
edit on 3-1-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

I think your predilection for horror and/or dabbling in "the dark side" may be warping your view of the world.

Some people in this world have suffered truly horrific ends. I mean prolonged torture of the type which neither of us would like to imagine, let alone have to live through. Now that being said-- would it be "okay" if you were walking along the street one day, when suddenly a desperate criminal pops out of nowhere, and stabs you to death for your wallet? Would you consider that such a death is "okay" and "no big deal" based simply on the relativistic notion that there have been plenty of worse deaths in human history?

Of course not. And the very suggestion is ludicrous. Something is not made "okay" simply by virtue of the fact that there's something worse out there. If you or I were stabbed to death and left alone to die on the street, I'm sure it would be a terrible, painful, horrific experience-- the pain, and terror of which would not be diminished in the slightest, by the notion that worse things have happened.

I guarantee you that if the information in the OP here is accurate, this man did not meet his end thinking "Well, i suppose it could have been worse."

You should perhaps keep Hellraiser on pause before it warps your sense of reality. This is not a film. This is not fiction. This is reality. We are talking about a feeling, thinking human being who was potentially eaten alive by snarling animals. A slow, painful, terrifying, torturous death. Relatively greater suffering does not negate this, or make it okay.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

You should perhaps keep Hellraiser on pause before it warps your sense of reality. This is not a film. This is not fiction. This is reality. We are talking about a feeling, thinking human being who was potentially eaten alive by snarling animals. A slow, painful, terrifying, torturous death. Relatively greater suffering does not negate this, or make it okay.

My avatar has nothing to do with my thinking and secondly, where did I say it was okay? It's merely part of life and that's the way it is.

Additionally, as above, the story is probably fiction anyway, so away and ride your high horse from this thread

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

OP you compared the killing of this scum bag uncle to the holocaust...........Apples and Oranges.

While no one deserves to die like this you have to remember this man was a scum bag. Comparing him to innocent women and children is crazy and shows a lack of knowledge and empathy.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Zcustosmorum

OrionHunterX

Zcustosmorum

I think your over-reacting, ancient Mayans cut out your heart whilst it was still beating in ceremony. Getting fed to starved dogs is pretty tame considering.

Execution plays a large part of human history, and it has been done by all countries at one time or another for various reasons. No big deal imo.

So you're comparing them to today? I thought the world had progressed from being barbarians?

I fail to see how the method of execution is relevant, all countries have their own methods. I don't see it as comparing, people are the way they are and have been for a long time.

It's quite obvious you fail to see, and for that I pity you.

Society punishes wrong-doing. Because "wrong-doing" (by society's standards-- wrong-doing usually involving harm to another in some way; physical, financial, emotional, etc) is....well.... wrong and we want to discourage others from doing wrong, as well as to keep the really bad people (who seem to chronically do wrong, and can't seem to help themselves) away from the rest of society. This is why we have prisons, and capital punishment.

We, as a society, need to know that the men who control our society, the men who are in power, are better than the "bad men" in our society.

But what makes one man "better" than another? What other than how he treats his fellow man? If the men in power start hurting people, viciously, spitefully, just like the "bad men" in our society do, what then separates them? Why not just give murdering criminals the keys to the kingdom, if our "good guy" leaders are vicious, vengeful, spitefully injurious, just like the "bad men" are?

Really... these are simple, middle-school level concepts that everyone should be able to grasp pretty easily.

We do not want our society run by evil, bad men. We want the men in charge, in charge of us to be decent people, who we believe will do "the right thing."

Allowing another human to be torn apart by dogs is not "the right thing." It is spiteful, vengeful, cruel. The act of an out of control man child. The act of the kind of person who only thinks about themselves, and how something makes them feel, rather than what is truly right, or just.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Zcustosmorum

My avatar has nothing to do with my thinking and secondly, where did I say it was okay? It's merely part of life and that's the way it is.

You implied that it wasn't that bad, compared to other stuff that has happened historically.

As far as the avatar-- on its own, I might question the psychological state of someone who found an "I want you to burn in hell" avatar amusing... but by itself insufficient basis for judgment. However, coupled with your comments in this thread, it seems to indicate something of a dark and nihilistic mind-set.

I bet you're one of those people who thinks the media you consume doesn't affect your mind-state, too, amirite?

Who knows, perhaps I'm just projecting, and completely wrong. But that's the impression that I get from your output.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

If you think our current society is anything like the way you have described then you live in a fantasy land which is something akin to The Shire from Tolkiens books, get real.

The western world has the highest incarceration stats by a long way, do you not think there is something wrong with that?

If we had a perfect society, then by all means we can criticize, but when there's stats like that, we should mind our own business.

Additionally, judging someone from their avatar is pathetic, you need to get out more and enjoy this perfect society you seem to think we live in.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I don't know why they didn't just tie him to a bed over night with a fan left turned on?

Fan Death

Fan death is death supposedly caused by sleeping in a closed room containing a running electric fan. There are no verified cases of the alleged phenomenon, but it remains a widely believed urban legend in South Korea.

Maybe the North Koreans don't believe in Fan Death...?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

OrionHunterX

Can a human sink to such levels of depravity? This is outrageous!

What is outrageous to me is that so few of you question anything anymore (or maybe you all never did, I dont know).

I added this to another thread that will be closed because its the same topic, so Ill add this here:

THE execution of Jang Song Thaek, the No. 2 man in North Korea, took Beijing by surprise and will adversely affect bilateral relations.

Beijing's displeasure is expressed through the publication of a detailed account of Jang's brutal execution in Wen Wei Po, its official mouthpiece, in Hong Kong, on Dec 12.

According to the report...

Why is no one questioning the veracity of this "report" on a site supposedly based around questioning things, ESPECIALLY things that come out of governments, the most debased coagulations of liers and deceivers on this planet?

How propaganda works is to play on peoples already pre-existing biases and negative/positive perceptions and move their thoughts towards a certain end that is beneficial to the ones putting out the propaganda.

It now seems China wants "regime change" (loaded phrase) in NK, and not because they give 2 #s about human rights.

The real focus here should be what Chinas up to, and what should be being examined is how China will profit from a successful propaganda campaign to get others, both domestic population and foreign nations, to support them over-throwing another sovereign country.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

... Why is no one questioning the veracity of this "report" ....

Many people have expressed their doubt over the veracity of this report - why haven't you read all the thread?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
Where would you find 120 starving dogs in Korea ?

You obviously haven't spent much time in the Orient, if any. Stray animals are quite the problem. One reason why they're also used for food. Give me a week in any Oriental country and I will guarantee you I can find you 120 stray dogs. The starvation part is easy, it's not like the rest of N.K. is eating so it's a safe bet to say strays are starving too.

Heck, even in Bucharest there's believed to be 100,000 stray dogs...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

No matter if the Uncle and his associates were eaten by dogs, shot to death, or boiled in oil and served piping hot to the masses, the fact is that this kid-leader is so unstable that he killed his closest aide and honored relative for little more reason than he got roaring drunk and acted like an extremely spoiled and self-centered brat. China likely wants to do away with him not because they have further aims in the nation, but just because this guy is such a loose cannon that he may turn on them on a dime (if I remember correctly the Uncle was China's go-to guy in the North Korean government).

edit on 3-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Liberals such as Dennis Rodman would probably be surprised by this. But anyone who knows that all marxist leaders eventually turn into barbaric tyrants won't be the least bit surprised by this.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I obviously don't know whether this actually happened or not but this poor guy was actually executed for doing nothing wrong, really. I'm sure he wasn't a particularly nice guy but he didn't deserve to be executed.

What makes me laugh is that you get soft liberal leftist toss*rs moaning like hell about the poor little criminals who are in prison in Western countries for actually committing crimes and making normal peoples lives a misery but they don't make a little peep about this. Wonder why that is?

Anyone from Liberty or any other little organisation who would like to explain this?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join