It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connecticut Gun Registration Lines “Looks Like Weimar Germany”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Oh, so I am told basically to butt out of the affairs of other countries.....

Hmmmmm, very interesting......Very interesting in deed.

What is it that you were saying about American based issues again??

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Well....lets see here.

Showing that crime has gone down, in relation to firearms ownership going up does have a bit to do with the topic here.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

macman

When my own countrymen are included in US crime figures, i think it gives us British every right to comment.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And here is a list of British and other foreign nationals murdered in The US

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Register what?

I only own tools of freedom.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

IbcBen
I'm sorry, but in all seriousness let's just get this over with. Come and get them. Lines were drawn years ago. Their isn't anything worth losing once things go down this road, because you will no longer be part of the conversation. It's called serfdom.
e

I agree, I am done trying to talk about this. It is like beating a dead horse, or head butting a wall. The line has already been drawn, spray painted day glow orange, and a neon sign points to its location.

There is no middle ground on this issue, you can have my guns when you pry them from my cold dead fingers, btw they will be coming gyroscopicaly stabilized at 1800 meters per second in all their full metal jacketed glory.

Molan labe, paratus sum (come and take them, I am ready)
edit on 3-1-2014 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

beezzer

alldaylong
reply to post by nighthawk1954

It looks like The US maybe at last taking some long overdue action to try and prevent lunatics running around with guns in their hands.

Absolutely!

Because, as we all know, gun registration reduces mental illness.

LOL!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

edit on 3-1-2014 by Zeppp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

alldaylong

macman

When my own countrymen are included in US crime figures, i think it gives us British every right to comment.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And here is a list of British and other foreign nationals murdered in The US

news.bbc.co.uk...

Or you could just stay out of our country!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I had a dream this happened, and heard someone say: People should be lining up to test their shooting skills on those who are subverting federal law and those original sacred documents. It is everyone's civic duty to do so.

The aftermath of such a thing might read "After reaching the mandatory date for gun owners to register their guns unconstitutionally, mobs of thousands of armed citizens descended upon the state capitol killing hundreds of law makers, and the state governor along with all the corrupt state police who were guarding him."

It has in fact happened in the past for one reason or another.
edit on 3-1-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Err....please show me where anyone suggested anything of the sort?

Perhaps you mean when you were quite correctly pulled up about your incorrect usage of England rather than the United Kingdom or Great Britain?

Or perhaps you think we were out of order for pointing out that you used an article written around 2000 or 2001 that was reporting 1999 stats as some sort of support for your premise?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Stay out of the US then.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

QUANTUMGR4V17Y
Please tell me more about how criminals follow laws.

Having stricter gun laws will not and never has removed the guns from the criminals.

As my last post stated, take a look at Chicago and New York, some of the strictest gun laws in the country.... And they have some of the highest gun / crime in the country as well..

Coincidence? I think not.

Actually, this isn't true. I'm on the side of not restricting access to guns, but arguments like this just weaken your position. Strict gun laws in Chicago mean absolutely nothing because a criminal can just drive a few miles and get a gun elsewhere. Bans will only work on a national level, furthermore they will only work after they've been implemented for 30-50 years so that our ample supply of guns on the street dries up. If that happens, guns actually become too expensive to be used in petty crime. Any effective gun control is a very long term prospect and has to apply to the entire country, otherwise gun control is only as strong as the easiest to acquire firearms in the country.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

You're assuming the supply would ever "dry up." Countries with bans routinely discover basement shops that turn out Luty specials and other guns for cheap and as anyone dealing with prohibition knows for every 1 you find there are at least a dozen more you havent found. ImproGuns Blog

Then there's the whole bordering nations thing:

These are current smuggling routes and it's not like South America has a shortage of wars, turmoil or weapons. Maybe if the whole hemosphere complied and the oceans were mined.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

macman

Stay out of the US then.

Do you know something? That may be an excellent idea. Britain can pull out all of it's investments in The US and 1 million US workers can loose their jobs.
Were do i sign up for Britain to stay out of The US? I will await your reply.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

1) Mentally ill gun owners who have obtained gun licenses through the proper process.

Why not make a start by reducing category 1. ( as outlined in my previous post)

That's A step in the right direction, and comes with more than one benefit... Unfortunately, not everyone is serious enough about the mental health issue.

Personally, I've dealt with someone like this whose said enough to raise red flags, but when I voiced concern, not a soul seemed concerned and it's a powder keg ready to blow. The problem is that people don't care, until the crime is committed and people like yourself and I are dead, even after being forewarned. [sarcasm]But hey, it's nice to know that I, and others got to be dead so the village can decide the fate of some loon. [/sarcasm]

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Anti-gun criminologists Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig from the Clinton Administration published a study in 1997 called “Guns in America” for The National Institute of Justice. In this study they admitted that according to the Justice Department there are as many as 1.5 million cases a year where guns are used in self-defense.
George Will in “Are we a Nation of Cowards'?” wrote for Newsweek in 1993 that armed citizens kill more criminals than police do every year, by a margin of almost two to one (1527 to 606). Newsweek readers learned “Only 2% of civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal. The 'error rate' for the police was more than 11%, more than five times as high.” Some 200,000 women use a gun to defend themselves against sexual abuse every year.

no comment on this study, I think it speaks for itself. I disagree with any form of registration.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
None of their laws ever stopped me or any of my friends from getting shot in their safe states.

There is a point where we have to stop giving them an A for effort.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Contact your Govt.

I will do the same.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
accidentalgunshots.tumblr.com...
ok all you people who worship guns .
explane this AWAY.
guess what I was accedently SHOT at 13 years old by my brother with a 22 rifle .
your gun are NOT keeping you safe. Give Us a brake Guns are made for ONE reasion ONLY to KILL.
Ps The one and ONLY resion to own guns isnt crimals .sooner or later when gob=verments become TO oppressive like germany in the 1930ds we need to be able to KEEP that from happaning again .
so no i dont think banning guns would do anything but creat a more oppresive goverment faster.
Heck the goverment is becomeing intrusive and oppressive at a fast rate even with gun ownership.
PS Dyslexic NO SPELL check GET a life out side being a Human spellcheck.
PSS That link is 54 PAGES OF accedential Shotings
edit on 6-1-2014 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightstar

Of course guns are made to kill. I can't put food on my table if I don't use the tool I use to put it there. Whether Bow or Rifle.

But they can also be a great stress relief by poking holes in paper or cans, popping ballons and such. I always feel a bit more relaxed after popping off a hundred rounds or so. Then there is the cleaning which is also relaxing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join