It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let the games begin; Daily Mail starts the panic games.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I know the Daily Mail isn't really a credible source of information. But in reality, this piece isn't really reporting a story, rather than theorising one (I guess).

It is however, the first time I have seen a UK media outlet suggest anything of the possibility of WW3. And take a guess who it's between....

I think the most interesting point about this article is that the writer, Max Hastings, states that WW3 would possibly not involve a mass invasion like WW2, but it would be fought with hi-tech weaponry and so forth.

Anyway, take from it what you will. But I see this as the first in a lot of very small steps in drip feeding us and prepping us for WW3. It is designed to scare and cause panic on the smallest scale (IMO). I think the wording suggests this.

"Indeed, there is a profound fear in Washington, in Tokyo, and maybe also in Beijing, that one day something unspeakably ghastly could happen by mistake"

SO URCE

edit on 3-1-2014 by brace22 because: TYPO

edit on 3-1-2014 by brace22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

Just out of curiosity, why do so many people operate under the impression that they are spoon feeding us WW III? Do you honestly believe that if they wanted to start the war and take control right now the outcome would be any different then if they drew it out over years or (as is the case with this theory) decades?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I guess not.

However, IMO, I think that the habit of all this drip feeding and so forth is purely that, a habit. We might not necessarily need it, and they certainly don't need to in regards of the outcome, but it happens because of habit and "protocol" if you will. Also, it would come as less of a shock if the fighting starts if WW3 has been in the air for a while. Rather than just starting overnight. It's scaring to not scare. If you know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
China has always been particularly sensitive about areas which used to be Chinese before the nineteenth century encroachments by other powers.
Hence boundary disputes with Russia and India.
Arguably, these islands come into that category. The claim made by Taiwan has the same basis (but of course China regards Taiwan as a temporarily separated part of China).
China has never been reluctant to use armed force to adjust the line of its boundary with India, without having any interest in invading India proper.
So the idea that China might use military muscle in "reclaimed" areas is plausible enough even if we don't think that China wants to take over the world.
Itchy trigger fingers will be very dangerous in this situation.

PS Of course China has an interest in talking up the possibility of war, as a way of persuading other states to back off.
That may be happening too.

edit on 3-1-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

DISRAELI
China has always been particularly sensitive about areas which used to be Chinese before the nineteenth century encroachments by other powers.

I immediately thought of Russia and the stealing of Alaska.

Russia wants Alaska back as much as any other dispute across the globe. America literally took possession of it through shady dealings working in conjunction with corrupt Russian leadership.

I can't think of another screwjob land theft as large.

Except the STEALING of HAWAII.. Yep, that may be bigger, but there is no chance the Hawaiians could launch a war against the US over it.

In the Bering Sea, the US Coast Guard has been involved in MANY classified skirmishes over fishing grounds. The huge Russian fishing vessels encroach into Alaskan waters ALL THE TIME.

And have on occasion caused the USCGC Captain to be on a secure line with the Pentagon looking for direction, There have even been times where Russian vessels have surrounded USCG cutters and threatened to ram/sink them.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

HanzHenry

Not even the Louisiana purchase? Territory owned by Spain and bought from the French Emperor?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

DailyMail is a British Newspaper whose right wing bias is what everyone (who is a leftie) complains about…..

Bottomline is that the article is written to inform the ''un-aware'' that there is a Friction point between China, Japan, the USofA and assorted other slitty eyed peoples out there…………

And to be honest..IT IS the most likely source / area of turmoil and friction and POTENTIALLY conflict……

No drip feeding here but some ''education'' for those who prefer looking at Jordans Boobs, the latest TOWIE nonsense or some other celebrity (?) picking his or her surgically altered nose whilst counting their ridiculous piles of cash for doing nothing..…..

Regards

PDUK
edit on 3-1-2014 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2014 by PurpleDog UK because: added humour…… i think….:-)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

HanzHenry

DISRAELI

Russia wants Alaska back as much as any other dispute across the globe. America literally took possession of it through shady dealings working in conjunction with corrupt Russian leadership.

Except the STEALING of HAWAII.. Yep, that may be bigger, but there is no chance the Hawaiians could launch a war against the US over it.

In the Bering Sea, the US Coast Guard has been involved in MANY classified skirmishes over fishing grounds. The huge Russian fishing vessels encroach into Alaskan waters ALL THE TIME.

And have on occasion caused the USCGC Captain to be on a secure line with the Pentagon looking for direction, There have even been times where Russian vessels have surrounded USCG cutters and threatened to ram/sink them.

Libraries have books give a shot sometime.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hello,

I would like to point out that U.S.A could be provoking war.

The Pentagon dispatched a B2 stealth bomber (which is one scary looking plane) over the Korean peninsula to unload some munitions to a small South Korean island. The pentagon could have dispatched an aircraft such as a C-17. The C-17 could carry more payload and could drop the munitions easier. So my question is why do the U.S have to send a $700 million stealth bomber to drop a small munitions payload? I believe that the U.S is "showing off its strength" as a warning of sorts to their Asian "allies".

Now you could say that the South Korean island is dangerously close to North Korean airspace. But I believe that the C-17 would be able enough to defend its self if needed and it has the altitude and the speed to evade North Korean Ground to air weapons.

So i raise my question once more. Why send a high-tec plane that can deliver a huge blow to any enemy over to a hostile area? Is it a show of strength? Is it just the U.S government being over cautious?

Thank you kindly,
Blue Square

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If the US are victorious during WWIII then the war will begin whenever the US gets "attacked".... again. If the US loses WWIII then history will likely start the war timeline on September 11, 2001 when the coup began.

The victors write history.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

BlueSquare
Hello,

I would like to point out that U.S.A could be provoking war.

The Pentagon dispatched a B2 stealth bomber (which is one scary looking plane) over the Korean peninsula to unload some munitions to a small South Korean island. The pentagon could have dispatched an aircraft such as a C-17. The C-17 could carry more payload and could drop the munitions easier. So my question is why do the U.S have to send a $700 million stealth bomber to drop a small munitions payload? I believe that the U.S is "showing off its strength" as a warning of sorts to their Asian "allies".

Now you could say that the South Korean island is dangerously close to North Korean airspace. But I believe that the C-17 would be able enough to defend its self if needed and it has the altitude and the speed to evade North Korean Ground to air weapons.

So i raise my question once more. Why send a high-tec plane that can deliver a huge blow to any enemy over to a hostile area? Is it a show of strength? Is it just the U.S government being over cautious?

Thank you kindly,
Blue Square

The guy and his father before him every year like clockwork threatens the U.S., Japan and South Korea and the U.S. is provoking a war. LOL!!! I'll bet your a hoot at the pub.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Well you guys missed the greatest theft of all. There is no united States, it belongs to native Americans. Whole tribes were wiped off the earth. It was not bought, it was stolen. We don't talk about this here in this country.

T he other minorities have nothing to complain about in comparison to native Americans. They are number one in all the wrong categories. Unemployment, drug and alcoholism, suicide, on and on. But you don't see out cries of racism,, etc from native Americans.

I just shake my head sometimes at the other minorities lol.

China is getting ready for its own Arab spring. The old guard is just about completely gone. The young are taking over. Plus the worse thing could happen was for China to take Hong Kong back. It brought in immediate western thinking and our love of money and stuff lol.

China has no interest in war, they already own us, why would they want to lose all that money. They don't.

What will force the issue for them is if we can't pay and when they run out of their own resources. They are not going to the moon just too say they went. They have eyes on the future.

The Bot

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueSquare

It's a bit hard considering the C-17 isn't a bomber, it's a heavy lift aircraft.

The B-2 was perfect for the job.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

dlbott
reply to post by Rosinitiate

China has no interest in war, they already own us, why would they want to lose all that money.

China thinks they own the US. they own papers that say they own us.

When you think in historical terms, the US has a plan for China.

The US never intended to pay China. The ELites are using them to pick the pockets of the American middle class.

When the ELites have all they want, they will give China the finger and DARE them to do anything about it.

It is really comical to think that China actually has what it takes to confront the US and its owners. The European Monarchs (the people the banksters work for).

And China KNOWS this, that is why they are trying to change that worthless IOU paper for tangible assets.

They couldn't even stop Japan from stomping all over them, what makes ANYONE think they could defeat the Anglo war machine?

No force on Earth, in recorded History EVER HAS.

I

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Cold wars haven't stopped,most just haven't paid attention. we are at war with : Russian and China. The Islam one is rather hot,but that is an religion not an identifiable state or base.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Which is of course why Russia and China have been less than helpful with regard to assisting 'the west' with trying to defuse the problem with militant Islam, even though they both have their own problems with militant Islam.

However, I doubt either Russia or China wants a 'hot' war with 'the west'. Russia does not need to expand for resources, as they already have plenty, it would be an ego trip, at a very high price. China may want resources, but is reliant on export trade, which would drop off significantly in the event of a conflict, causing significant internal problems. The concept of MAD still exists and I doubt any of the big players is stupid/suicidal enough to trigger that (hopefully), so a continued cold war suits everyone just fine.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

This was a very Americanised opinion on the subject.
And lacking a little of common sense of the history.

Firstly China want payback before the landgrab.
It's actually a patient approach from China to take away from America via assets and workers to regain what was lost financially.
But don't underestimate the chance of an attack in future to take more than what is owed. Especially with the grandiose delusions of invincibility that seems to stem from minds like yourself.

Secondly, Japan hardly stomped China, they conquered a tiny percentage of the country, which was probably allowed to happen on behalf of those in charge who wanted to clear out those who had been fighting a Civil War for 40 years, to save themselves the time & effort while looking into the later stages. As with a 40 Civil War, it's understandable that preparation for invasion probably wasn't as highly prioritised as it would be now.

Another thing with comparing the Civil War ravaged China of 60+ years ago, to the force they are today is just non-sensical.
What do you know of their Elite, Royalty, and technological prowess?
Absolutely nothing. That's what you know!
You might think you know it all about European Elitism and the power of those who own the Bankers, but hey, that same amount of Internet research won't find you the Asian equivalent to the Royals, Lords etc of Rothshild level.
Again, you know why?
Because the info doesn't exist on the internet. And the best you'll be able to do to find the Chinese equivalents to TPTB is Forbes Rich List.
But then that doesn't really give a good graphic on overall power seeing as David Rockefeller lower than 290, but still probably considered one of the most powerful Europe has to offer.
How do you expect to overpower an elite you know nothing about, and no amount of research available on the vast WWW offers nothing because you can't tell China sweet F.A.

You seem very confident despite the void of logic.

The US belongs to China financially/economically... down the line overall ownership is definitely not out of the question.

If America were confident enough to "give the finger" & "dare" China what's stopping them, because it's not just the middle class pockets being emptied, it's everybody... you will be sadly upset with your know-it-all predictions in the long run.

I can't say I would feel sorry for America either. The staggering arrogance that is preached is clearly a defense-mechanism of a waining empire, and the denial involved is embarrassing.

The only thing you stated correct is that European Monarchy is in charge of the political aspect, but that's clealy not favourable to The USofA, especially considering it looks like those rulers have now accepted to cut their losses and leave America up for grabs in the long term.

But what do I know, these could just be the ramblings of a madman. Only time will tell.

Peace.
edit on 1-2-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!

new topics

top topics

join