It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013-2014 North American Winter - Report Here

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
i had no idea it was such a cold snap.

I do hope everyones ok over there, minus 40 wind chill thats basically the north pole 0.o

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
SE Penna. here. Thermometer read an exact 0 degrees f. this morning, windchills between -20 and -30. Local weather reports it hasn't been this cold here since Jan. '94.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step—known as a theory—in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon.

When used in non-scientific context, the word “theory” implies that something is unproven or speculative. As used in science, however, a theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena.

livescience.com

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
-40 here in ont. Life rolling along as usual.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

If you can't prove yourself wrong then you cannot say you proved yourself right. you can only say you didn't disprove your hypothesis. In the scientific method you can never prove yourself right, you can only prove you weren't wrong.

source: www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

That would be nice! Snow gone before June and have it not rain every single day in August, what would we do?

In all fairness though we had one good month last summer. I honestly hope that this doesn't mean plants growing in February only to freeze solid in March, we will see I guess. I am grateful for the fact that we are ready up here for this kind of crazy weather that everyone is getting right now. I couldn't imagine living in a warm climate and having to deal with -20 weather.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

My aren't you a pleasant person, and of course you are an expert on climate change as well. I see that you also believe everything you read and don't research the actual facts. The climate on this planet has changed constantly since it's formation and will continue to change after mankind is long gone.

Oh and by the way this thread is about how the weather is where you are.Not school child insults.Grow up small child.

Today the weather here was quite nice today,a blistering 19 for a high.Although at 4:30am when I got up for work it was still 2 degrees.Just a bit blustery. The Niagara river is clogged with ice and there is a bit of flooding in Niagara Falls.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well, now most of the snow has melted, which NEVER happens until March. Winter usually begins here in early-mid January, now temps have gone up to 4C lately and rising. Confused.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Actually this very scenario has been predicted for years now. I knew some moron would say this. There is going to be more extreme seasons.

Nothing extreme here just winter and yes I believe global warming is not for real. A couple of mild ones in a row and people start to FREAK OUT!! Wow I haven't used FREAK OUT in a long time!! FREAK OUT FREAK OUT FREAK OUT FREAK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Kitora
Well, now most of the snow has melted, which NEVER happens until March. Winter usually begins here in early-mid January, now temps have gone up to 4C lately and rising. Confused.

Just a warm front. Alberta is in melt down mode too, with high winds to help it along.
Expect more cold.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join