It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hmm... That's more ghosts than usual

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Definatly something strange going on here. My family and I are no strangers to the ocassional spooking but this is something else. It started about three weeks ago when my sister, who lives in Nevada, had laid down for a nap. She said someone came into the room and bumped the bed. I know, no big deal here. But, it has been a regular event that when someone in our family passed away, they always made contact shortly before we heard the news. So, naturally she called to make sure everyone was ok.

Well, a couple days later I was at work. I work graveyard security in Northern California. I had started on my first patrol of the property and started feeling creeped out. I did not think anything of it since I figured working graves at an industrial plant one would at some time feel a bit uneasy. I continued my patrol and came around a corner when litteraly, the hairs on my neck stood on end. I felt this heavy weight like someone was right there stairing at me. I've done this job for 15 years and never felt like this. I was ready to jump out of my skin. I shearched the bushes and looked around the corners but found nothing. I hurried out of the area constantly spinning around for it felt like someone was about to grab me.

I got back to the shack and calmed my nerves. Through the rest of the night I mostly stayed clear of that area. Then, not long after, something slammed into the shack. It sounded and felt like a car just drove right into it. I ran out and found nothing. No fallen limbs, no large objects that might have been thrown, no animals, no footprints. I tried to explain it away as maybe a bird flew into the wall or something. Then towards the end of my shift it happened again. The whole building shook and I jumped a foot of my chair. Searched the area and again nothing. Well, at the end of the shift I sighed a relief and went home.

The next day I showed up and relieved the swing shift guard. As we were talking and having a smoke he proceeded to tell me, word for word, the exact thing that happened to me the night before. The only differance was that instead of a loud crash against the building there was a tapping on the outside wall all night. I shared my story and he left realy freaked out.

Every night since has been the same thing. There is a spot on the property that just sends chills through your bones. We've noticed that the other guards and the night janitor have begun to turn on all the lights on the property and refuse to turn them off.

So, then a couple days ago I was sleeping, my wife asleep next to me, when someone came into the room and grabbed my leg and shook it. I jumped awake but no one was there. We've checked in with everyone in the family and they are all ok. The spector or whatever it is is still here.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Why dont you start recording? You could make a lot of money potentially and i havent seen one convincing ghost video yet. Such a waste of opportunity if you dont.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Joki42

That's a great spook story, and an even better headline. And please tell me exactly where it is on your security rounds that you will no longer go to, and for how long each night you won't go there, so I can grab my duffelbag and my ski mask for some good pickin' (smiley face here).

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Whoa that's really heavy freaking $#it .. So it follows you now . I've once had poltergeists within an old mansion from the eighteen hundreds someone pinched me in the back and the kettle spontaneously started to Boyle. .

I hope this entity stops doing that because it's pissed off .?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Yikes! I wouldn't be worried about ghosts, but worried about meeting your present avatar. That's one ugly fish, or ghost of a fish for the sake of this thread.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
If it's a ghost, it's certainly trying to get somebodies attention!

What are the chances that somebody met an ill-fated end on your work grounds comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsup86

I agree, and if the OP gets very lucky and obtains the first ever actual evidence of "ghosts" , well you can collect $1,000,000.

Randi's challenge.

I don't believe in ghosts myself, maybe because I've not witnessed anything paranormal. But what I do know is when feeling like someone is holding them down or applying pressure, then there is a medical explanation you can use. It's called sleep paralysis, and it's where the mind wakes up, but the body is still in a semi-state of sleep.

Only my opinion of course.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

Randi would never admit a paranormal experience if it came up and bit him (like Observer1's fish, which is certainly paranormal and should collect the million). He makes his livelihood and his reputation from debunking and naysaying, and if he gave any credibility at all to any odd experience he'd have to make way for the next closed-minded semi-celebrity to fill the niche he presently occupies.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Lol ya it's a blobfish I altered it into some crazy looking Alien creature. This fish you can look it up really looks kinda human.but I think I like the old one better
edit on 0b24America/ChicagoFri, 03 Jan 2014 06:17:24 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 03 Jan 2014 06:17:24 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Does the place have security cameras?

Might be able to find something and even if nothing to explain the phenomena, it might reveal some other disturbance.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Joki42
My family and I are no strangers to the ocassional spooking...

Same as ours. Several generations of our family have reported on the paranormal. The eldest that I can remember coming from the early teens. (1919 I believe.) My families history with the paranormal is what had gotten me into studying it.

Joki42
I continued my patrol and came around a corner when litteraly, the hairs on my neck stood on end. I felt this heavy weight like someone was right there stairing at me.

I've experienced this countless of times myself. It's like an electric shock that courses through your body and up to your neck area as you can sense your "fight or flight" senses start to tingle. (Might not kick in, but you feel that something isn't quite "right".)

The noises you speak of are very interesting and I'd urge you to try an EVP with a question or two. (Of course, if you feel this is something threatening that might not be the best course of action as certain things can thrive on the attention/energy.)

It'd be nice to know where you work with an address for research purposes. Perhaps you can do it if you're not willing to share those details. (Something I don't recommend doing on an open forum.) But when you say you've worked for fifteen years doing your line of business, has those fifteen years been at the same location or ?.

Has any major events (earth quakes, even small ones) happened in your area recently? If the building is situated on deposits of quartz, the earth quakes could have fractured the quartz and "activated" it. Some (myself included) believe that quartz can act like a spiritual battery trapping energy inside. When released, activity can pick up in an already active area. This is another reason it'd be great to know the location.

Has the business you work for done any remodeling or upgrades as of late? Have they undergone any form of changes? That too could possibly excite spirits in one way or another.

The leg grabbing you speak of is extremely worrying. Typically "good ghosts" don't do things like that, unless they're desperate after attention for some reason. But seeing that you and the family are typically open I don't see a reason for them to do that as you'd probably already feel them.

I'd talk to your coworker next time you relieve him. Ask him if he's experienced things that seemed to follow him home after work. It might view you and your coworker as a threat for some reason and be trying to scare you from coming back. Or there might be more nefarious reasons.

Either way, interesting story and thanks for sharing. Find out what you can about the area you work in, take a look at local reports for anything out of the ordinary like major storms, earth quakes (even minor ones can do the job) or even the history the ground is sitting on. You might be nearing an "anniversary" that is making the activity spike.

new topics

top topics

join