It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Clinton Attacks Nemesis Starr and Media in TV Outburst

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
In an interview with Peter Jennings of ABC News, former President Bill Clinton lashed out at Ken Starr and the media for their conduct during the investigation of the Whitewater scandal and the impeachment proceedings. While Jennings was discussing the period of investigations and impeachment during Clinton's administrations, Clinton stated that he was unconcerned about what historians think. When Jennings challenged the President, stating that he could sense his concern from across the room, Clinton warned Jennings that he didn't want to "go here." When Jennings continued, Clinton accused Jennings and ABC of being complicit in an effort to destroy his Presidency.

news.scotsman.com
Former US president Bill Clinton launched a bitter attack on his old nemesis Kenneth Starr in a prime-time television outburst.

He also had harsh words for the media, suggesting it was complicit in a scheme to ruin his presidency.

The exchange came in an interview with ABC news anchor Peter Jennings on Thursday night, hours after Clinton opened his £100 million presidential library in Little Rock, Arkansas.

A seven-year, £40 million investigation conducted mostly by lawyer Starr ranged from Clinton’s involvement in the Whitewater land deal in the 1980s to the president’s affair with Monica Lewinsky.

Clinton was not among the dozen Arkansans indicted on criminal charges in the far-ranging Whitewater probe, but his affair with Lewinsky, a one-time White House intern, led to his impeachment by the Republican-controlled House of Representatives in 1998. He was acquitted, following a Senate trial.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Former President Clinton remains convinced that he was the victim of a vast right-wing conspiracy during the Whitewater investigation by Special Prosecutor Kenneth Starr and the impeachment proceedings stemming from his conduct with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

Clinton insisted that he had made a public personal mistake and that he had paid dearly for it and that he didn't care what others thought. When Jennings challenged Clinton about his feelings, Clinton became agitated and told Jennings that it was a matter Jennings would be better off not pursuing. Then the former President accused the media of complicity with the Starr investigation.

Mr. Clinton, its seems, is not willing to deal directly with his personal conduct during that difficult period of his adminstration and is quick to attack others to deflect attention from his actions.

Mr. Clinton had a similar outburst with a British journalist during an interview earlier this year.

Related News Links:
www.theage.com.au
www.sfgate.com
www.newsmax.com
www.azcentral.com

[edit on 20-11-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have to disagree, at least in part. The spectacle of the Lewinsky matter was IMHO a gross breach of the public trust by the those who conducted the investigation and the impeachment proceedings. What an ugly gaggle of right-wing hypocrits they were and still are. To waste that much money and to divert so much of the public's attention and the government's resources, including the gross and immeasurable waste of presidential time and attention folr solely partisan political ends, was a crime in and of itself and betrays a deep moral depravity on the part of those who were responsible for it. Clinton performed admirably despite the concerted and relentless efforts to sidetrack his presidency.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
We have a war criminal in office, and the same Press is ki$$ing hi$ you-know-what.

I'm trained in seeing and analyzing conflicts and disputes. My masters is in Communications; and the Press are only telling one half of part of the story.

The press is leaving so many holes in the texture of news; they are pursuing so much bullshift in the place of truth, I'm embarrassed to call them my associates.

I hope Peter Jennings and Dan Rather and all those guys get prosecuted for war crimes when this is all over. They have all aided and abetted the international crimes of war-without-provocation; war-without-Congressional-accountability; war-without-Geneva-Convention; war-trials-without-due-process. They themselves are the conspirators who keep this war going on and on and on, by the pathetic PASSIVITY and lack of initiative-taking that investigative reporting is responsible to do.

I hope the International Court nails all of them for CONSPIRACY to promote War Crimes against hapless peoples.

Good for Bill. He finally spoke up in his own defense.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm still amazed at the number of people, who I can only assume do so in a partisan fashion, rush to defend that degenerate. it's over he's gone, you can stop pretending that he was unfairly targeted.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
...WHILE at this moment in the Oval Office there is a man--an avowed Satanist, who has a long history of homosexual relationship with the Mayor of Louisville--Mr. Ashe--who has a long history of drug and alcohol use; who deserted the military; who defrauded the stockholders of the company he served as President; who lied to us TOTALLY about the circumstances surrounding the 911 attack and the necesssity to go to war against Afghanistan and Iraq.

... Don't even bring up Clinton unless you can speak of him and to him with respect. A blow job is NOT EQUIVALENT TO OMNICIDE, war crimes and perfidy. No way. He did not bankrupt the nation, as this bozo is doing, on fraudulant wars--to profit his daddy's buddies in defense & weapons industries.

... Don't even GO THERE.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
...WHILE at this moment in the Oval Office there is a man--an avowed ......................

as to my not going there.....kiss my a$$ I'll go where ever the hell I wish and I'll talk about that degenerate dirt bag POS any old way I want....and I wasn't saying he is a degenerate in comparison to anyone in particular just noticing that he is a moral degenerate. BTW, that was about the most unintelligent defense I have heard yet....why didn't you compare him to j dahmer at least then you wouldn't be lying yourself. as if your only a degenerate by comparison, that in and of itself is pretty simple minded

[edit on 21-11-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Moreover, the FACT that the Press FAWNS over this man, yet they publicly pillary our previous President--who was undoubtedly legitimately elected--just galls me.

While we are in this crisis of lacking Good Leadership, please do not SLAM the last decent leader we had.

He cared about us; maybe his wife is an NWO hack, but he was a decent person that I wasn't ashamed of when he was in office.

Just keep your eyes on the present. Just keep your comments IN ORDER.

Now that our nation is in such dire straits, keep your judgments about the past to yourself. Clinton is not the one who got us where we are today.

Let's get over these problems, and then you can help us all put these presidencies in their proper perspective.

But, your virulent hatred simply is not appropriate right now.

Stuff it.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
As the originator of this thread, I would presume that it is incumbant upon me to ask posters to be respectful of one another and to encourage all who have comments to feel free to contribute them and that no one poster has the right to suppress contributions from others.

[edit on 04/11/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
... and sometimes it's difficult to keep from getting frustrated over false distractions.

... If you want, I will go back and edit my posts, to make them more civil.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm not a mod, so I'm not asking you to alter your posts. I would just like us to remain civil.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

.............While we are in this crisis of lacking Good Leadership, please do not SLAM the last decent leader we had.............

i wasn't speaking about Reagan sorry if i confused you. i was referring to that degenerate Clinton.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
deserves a definition, an explanation of the context into which you are placing this--slanderous--word, as well as citations to prove that what you are saying isn't merely slander.

And you don't impress me by saying that word over and over and trying to associate it with anybody. I see no proof of your allegations here.

Zip.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

keholmes wrote: rush to defend that degenerate

Where are those home spun family values showing in this kind of talk.

He didn't leak classified info about cia operatives in the matter of Lewinsky

He didn't steal millions of dollars in a path that leads right to the president from a war nobody likes(Haliburton).

I'm sure you wouldn't want me to jump into the Bush Family Nazi Connection because there is allot more in that than in anything Clinton did.

It was a personal matter between Clinton and his wife and she forgave him.

Where is the respect that is normal between people in this country.

If you knew someone was over a drinking habit you wouldn't bust him in the ribs about it daily.

What about the religious right always throwing the first stone. Didn't Jesus warn about that.

I'm sure he warned about being a self-righteous moralsist(Pharisee : please read) which is what Bush is. Bush is very non-christian.

[edit on 11/23/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Mr. Clinton, its seems, is not willing to deal directly with his personal conduct during that difficult period of his adminstration and is quick to attack others to deflect attention from his actions.

Mr.Grady, it seems, is intent on reliving the Viet Nam war and a Partisan snipe hunt which squandered vast millions to find nothing more than Capitol Hills primary sport: sex on the side.

keholmes A.K.A. 'Lil Grady'

I'm still amazed at the number of people, who I can only assume do so in a partisan fashion, rush to defend that degenerate.
kiss my a$$ I'll go where ever the hell I wish and I'll talk about that degenerate dirt bag POS any old way I want....and I wasn't saying he is a degenerate in comparison to anyone in particular just noticing that he is a moral degenerate.

Damn the facts & line by line comparison to Clinton's and every Bush presidency - we have to put a fresh layer on the sh**t & mud fantasy castle that we've erected for Bad O'Bill!
Such vitriol & fine moral timber from someone passionate in judging a president whose very morals were investigated by over 700 Agents ( side question: was it 'moral' to divert them from tracking down domestic terror leads in order to play 20 Questions with every skank that would talk to them? ) and at a cost of over $70M....only to find a consentual affair?

As the originator of this thread, I would presume that it is incumbant upon me to ask posters to be respectful of one another ....

Yes, start by not posting this clap trap in ATSNN......it's crystal clear that your intent was to preach to the choir, and your "Robin, the Boy Wonder" , did not disappoint. Have the good sense to keep it in the MudPit, or whatever it's called these days. There, you and all with such strong moral fiber can continue to talk about your Bill Clinton's penis fetish to your hearts content.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Mr.Grady, it seems, is intent on reliving the Viet Nam war and a Partisan snipe hunt which squandered vast millions to find nothing more than Capitol Hills primary sport: sex on the side.

Who said anything about the Vietnam War?

Yes, start by not posting this clap trap in ATSNN

1) There is no mud pit.

2) This was a widely reported news story.

3) ATS staff deemed this submission worthy of upgrade to ATSNN. Otherwise, it would not be here.

[edit on 04/11/22 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
... takes some sensitivity to the fact the Press aided and abbeted
the methodical slanderous take-down of a sitting president.
... We ought to be clarifying the role and function of the Press itself
in reviewing two years worth of flap; the tempest in the teacup
that cost the taxpayers 70 millions to unwrap.
... But if you don't want to put the blame for sensationalist journalism
where it belongs--with the owners of the Press who hire and fire at will--
then let's just drop this topic because we're just "going through the
motions" one more time.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

keholmes A.K.A. 'Lil Grady'

I'm still amazed at the number of people, who I can only assume do so in a partisan fashion, rush to defend that degenerate.
kiss my a$$ I'll go where ever the hell I wish and I'll talk about that degenerate dirt bag POS any old way I want....and I wasn't saying he is a degenerate in comparison to anyone in particular just noticing that he is a moral degenerate.

Damn the facts & line by line comparison to Clinton's and every Bush presidency - we have to put a fresh layer on the sh**t & mud fantasy castle that we've erected for Bad O'Bill!
Such vitriol & fine moral timber from someone passionate in judging a president whose very morals were investigated by over 700 Agents ( side question: was it 'moral' to divert them from tracking down domestic terror leads in order to play 20 Questions with every skank that would talk to them? ) and at a cost of over $70M....only to find a consentual affair?

As the originator of this thread, I would presume that it is incumbant upon me to ask posters to be respectful of one another ....

Yes, start by not posting this clap trap in ATSNN......it's crystal clear that your intent was to preach to the choir, and your "Robin, the Boy Wonder" , did not disappoint. Have the good sense to keep it in the MudPit, or whatever it's called these days. There, you and all with such strong moral fiber can continue to talk about your Bill Clinton's penis fetish to your hearts content.

WOW THATS AMAZING!
Haven’t heard anything like this in a long time! cool!!

But come on, Bush is American after all -right?
After 9/11 -the worst terrorist attack in the world, he couldn't just sit and say -"get more cops and tighten immigration". The last time we had an attack like 9/11 i.e. pearl harbor it ended with a bang (A-bomb). He was supposed to do something drastic to save face and to punish those who are guilty- even though he didn't do a good job of it!
Do you really expect the president of America(worlds most powerful nation) to do nothing after 9/11?
I admit that the Iraq war was a bit excessive ! But I think in the heart of hearts he[bush] wanted what’s best for the country[ even though he got carried away a bit!] every president does no matter how his policies are!
keep cool man!

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Do you really expect the president of America(worlds most powerful nation) to do nothing after 9/11?

Actually, there was a 9/11 before 9/11. The World Trade Center was bombed on Clinton's watch and it was supposed to be just as catastrophic as 9/11. Clinton did nothing.

When the USS Cole was attacked, Clinton did nothing.

On 9/11, al Queada hit a home run on Bush's watch and he's doing something about it. That should make every red-blooded American very proud.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I am with Emily.
There is no way that a blow job rates as bad as deserting the military, moving jobs overseas, or starting a war over a lie. No President has lied so much to the American people concerning matters of state.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

[degenerate]

deserves a definition, an explanation of the context into which you are placing this--slanderous--word, as well as citations to prove that what you are saying isn't merely slander.

How's this?

Main Entry: 3de·gen·er·ate
Pronunciation: di-'jen-r&t, -'je-n&-, dE-
Function: noun
: one that is degenerate: as a : one degraded from the normal moral standard b : a sexual pervert c : one showing signs of reversion to an earlier culture stage

www.merriam-webster.com...

Or this?

The noun "degenerate" has 1 sense in WordNet.

1. pervert, deviant, deviate, degenerate -- (a person whose behavior deviates from what is acceptable especially in sexual behavior)

www.cogsci.princeton.edu...

Or this?

n.
A depraved, corrupt, or vicious person.

dictionary.reference.com...

degenerate

• adjective /dijennrt/ having lost normal and desirable qualities; showing evidence of moral or physical decline.

• noun /dijennrt/ a morally degenerate person.

• verb /dijennrayt/ deteriorate physically or morally.

— DERIVATIVES degeneracy noun degenerately adverb degeneration noun.

— ORIGIN Latin degeneratus ‘no longer of its kind’, from genus ‘race, kind’.

Or this?

degenerate
noun [C] FORMAL DISAPPROVING
someone with low standards of behaviour:
They're just moral degenerates with no sense of decency.

dictionary.cambridge.org...

www.onelook.com...

I don't think Mr. Holmes needs to provide citations for what is already common knowledge.

[edit on 04/11/22 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join