It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you feel about your approaching death?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
A famouse scholar once said (paraphrased):

'I have never seen a thing which is so certain, yet people behave like it will never reach them' (talking about death)

It is natural to fear death, for it is something we have not yet encountered, untill you know the purpose of your existence, you will never atain true peace. I read alot of religious books looked into Budhism, Sikhism, New age stuff etc and I said that if I found the truth I would follow it. I sincerely ask you to all read the Quran, look at the scientific proofs contained within and ask yourself if you believe it to be the truth or not... I made my choice and what comes after Death is well explained... do I fear it? I cannot say for sure, but I know that I am more at peace with Death than many people I know. For people who do not know what is coming after Death I see them deal with it in complete Darkness and Misery, but when you accept it as a part of our existence then you will be able to prepare for it, and be able to cope with it.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Interesting you say Religious Dogma hides the reality of death...Yes the Religious show that we have now does but spirituality actually does the opposite, it prepares the traveler for the journey.

The constant announcement of "Celebrating This Life" and the total denial of death is in fact a sign that the person is too afraid to admit the subject matter and their inevitable fate i.e. they will die some day and the life of this world will cease.

Spirituality (through religion) has allowed me to come to terms with one absolute truth:

"I will die one day"

Were I given the choice between immortality (in the physical realm) and living to my natural end I would choose the latter and I bet you if you ask this to any person who has lived most of their natural life they will say the same thing.

Human nature to become tired of this life, as you gain wisdom you also realize your finite life and the mortality that you have.

In Islam there is a saying:

"Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Raji'un" (We Belong to Him (god) and to him we shall return.
[Quran 2:156]...)

It's a beautiful sentence because it helps the spirit come to terms with the life of this world i.e. that it is short in the scale of things and we will die with the cycle of Birth, Death and Rebirth being repeated again.

What does this mean (for the religious and non-religious person)? It allows us to come to terms with our mortality and by doing so we are better able to live our lives fully and be of benefit to all those around us until we are no longer present in this world.

The fear of death is what makes people deny it yet the evidence is all around us, every second of every minute of every hour its all around us - everything turns to dust eventually.

The parable is like a film where you watch it and suspend disbelief for a period of time however eventually the mind realizes something is not quite right and starts to reject what it sees. The same applies to the life of this world, eventually all the materialistic things become meaningless as you become aware of the true reality and the illusion that is the physical world.

What is the spirit? It's the will to exist and carry on, the personality, the imprint of our being that makes up our soul and I sincerely believe those who are of aware of this truth and their relationship and connection to all that is created, are able to transcend the physical death and carry on existing, their personality made immortal.

Good day and good bless.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

You probably are aware of this, but an amazing gift is being able to live on through your children, both spiritually and literally - its hard to explain but a part of you experiences their life through them, its quite profound and gives hope that your children will be carry on with some of your life in them (so be good to your children, prepare them for the life of this world and ensure they are as kind to others as you are/were to them).

My life is very short now, I am very much aware of my mortality but I seem to be smiling more these days...

edit on 3-1-2014 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

A number of years ago, I had a severe reaction to a medication I was taking that almost resulted in liver failure. At the time it happened, I literally felt like I was looking death in the face. The really strange thing about it, is that it was really nothing to be afraid of, I remember thinking, "oh, so this is all there is to it?" I fortunately recovered completely, but in my mind I looked death right in the face, and it was not really scary at all. It has made me do a lot of thinking in the two decades that have followed.

I am not afraid, because there are basically two possibilities:

1. We go on, to a higher plane, or there is some kind of reincarnation. I don't subscribe to an eternal hell, I dont think a god would create us, let us live an incredibly brief life, and punish us for eternity for our flaws. If we DO go on I think we go to a higher place.

2. We simply switch off like a light. No consciousness, nothing. Since we are no longer in existence, we dont exist to experience that.

One final thought, we have all experienced death already. Before we were born, we, for all intents and purposes did not exist. I don't remember it, at least I don't remember anything bad or negative, just no memory, because there is nothing to remember, nothing to experience. We are just going back to that state. I don't believe its something to fear.

This is a couple of very good videos by Alan Watts regarding the subject.

The real you

edit on 3-1-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Not looking forward to it. Still trying to get my philosophy together. I think though that I fear the pain and humiliation that leads to death much more. yes?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This may sound weird but from my subjective personal observations 1 has accepted transitions and energies that may be associated. During 1z current experience or journey 1 has learned to respect the transition for what it/they are and only would request if possible of the energies that what ever THE CREATOR or GODS sends plan for me has been accomplished fulfilled before 1z energy begins leaving...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I look forward to my death. I believe it will be a test. Test of .. well, I get to face myself and rest or not.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I'm just going to avoid any overtly religious mumbo-jumbo, since you don't appear to care for it. Believe it or not, I have had two different experiences, where I nearly had an Out-Of-Body-Experience. I literally felt myself lifting away. The first time, I came closest to actually projecting outside of myself, and it brought me to tears. It was an incredibly powerful experience, and started me on my quest for enlightenment. For some reason, I didn't break free. Perhaps something held me back. I don't know. The second time, I am ashamed to admit that I consciously pulled away. The first instance was eye-opening, but not scary. The second time, I was definitely afraid. I'm not sure why. I can't say for sure that it wasn't all just in my head. But I believe that something happens to us when we die, I doubt very seriously that we simply stop, like a clock with no batteries.

Death itself used to scare me, until my first experience. Now it is not fear, but uncertainty that I feel now days. I still don't know what is there. Is it good? Bad? That's the question for me now. The answer seems to be positive, but no one can be 100% certain of anything, so I will just have to find out like everyone else. I sometimes think that I won't be as surprised as most by the experience, but that's probably ego talking.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I honestly don't believe that death is a big deal, after all, isn't it just as natural as life? Looking around you should notice that death isn't the end, just like life isn't the beginning, it just seems that way from a one-shorted point of view. Perhaps if we look deeper into ourselves and our origins as beings of energy we will see that we are just stuck in this endless wheel of "samsara" perse.
edit on 3-1-2014 by dissapointedentities because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I feel for you. The past few years have been utterly terrible for myself as well. One thing that I can say is that this year, as I truly believe, will be much better than the last.

I too welcome death, whenever it may come. This may sound crazy, but I want to die, while I am still reasonably young and still have all my marbles. I have watched my grandpa and father all die, a slow death where they basically wasted away mentally and physically. After witnessing this, I think that I would rather die a gruesome death while young; rather than live a long life, only to waste away for my last decade in this world.

As far as after death, I have my own personal beliefs as to what is in store for me....but that is a story for another time.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

honested3
I am a Christian and I fear death, at least the older I get I fear it. Sure I believe I am going to heaven when I die, but what scares me about death is the process of dying, but more so than that I fear looking back at my life and realizing I did nothing. I feel that way now, I felt that way 10 years ago, 20 years ago, I begin to wonder if I will feel the same on my deathbed. I worry that when I make it to heaven, the Lord will ask me what did I do with all of the blessings He had given me, the healthy life and food on the table everyday, and loving family? And what will I say? "Well I didn't really do much for you at all Lord, mostly just was self absorbed and spent most of my day stuffing my face and browsing the internet, while the world around me suffered." I hope maybe my death will have some meaning someday, as I have given up on lying to myself and others that I will be anything other than a bull-headed self absorbed weak Christian.

To realize I never truly lived for anybody but myself when I die, is what scares me about death.

I am not a Christian, but I feel similar. What have I done with my life? In my 20's I thought I knew exactly where I was headed - I took care of people and my children, and knew for sure I was a nice person, kind to everyone, and would of course always keep solid connections with my family and friends, etc.

Heck, you couldn't have ever told me at that age, all the things I would end up doing (feeling completely justified at the time) "wrong". I had such stars in my eyes and confidence that things would always work out for the best, because I always had the best intentions.

Now, in my mid 40's, I have so many doubts and uncertainties. My job, that I worked very hard to get, provides me a secure paycheck as well as serious anxiety and depression. What will matter at the end? Probably not the path I trod, which is very discouraging, considering the sacrifices I made to get here and the ones I still have to make for another decade until I can retire.

I, too, am weak and self absorbed, and I would add that I am currently also increasingly weary and unmotivated to change, as it seems a monumental task.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Nothing like a serious illness to test how you will handle death. Though I was scared of a painful process, the worst part was worrying about who was going to care for my family.

The being dead part was scary but really not my main concern. I did my best to be a good person so it was all I could do. At the worst it would be nothing and hopefully I have good karma if there is a next life (or burned off some bad in this one).
edit on January 4th 2014 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This is just a mind game for you to entertain yourself, learn, and grow. Read along and realize every spirit, every joyous and miserable experience in your life your self asked for and that is you minus your ego. Death is only a new beginning. Absorb the process that is life into your being in the NOW and take delight in your mundane daily actions. For once you know the truth you will be humbled with true power

The slime mold experiment like the double slit experiment of quantum physics poses more questions than it answers if it answers any at all (perspective). From my experiences on different levels of consciousness starting on an atomic all the way up to universal and beyond I can tell you that everything possesses MIND and WILL. From an amoeba finding its way around a peatree dish to a star and any and all matter it all has a purpose driven desire and experiences the world around using whatever senses the god force has endowed upon it while always seeking harmony and homeostasis.

Everything is relative, there is no thing stand alone. The conscious desire of God was to have company due to feeling lonely. On the highest plane of "existence" there is Christ consciousness which is observed as a sphere of pure white light and orbiting around it similarly to Saturn's rings are SHARDS (Like broken Glass) of pure energy light particles glowing and pulsing radiant energy same as the sphere. After transcending this plane there becomes nothing, one is all alone and in fact one doesn't even seem to exist as if there isn't even ONE. There is a deadness, a quiet like nothing you could imagine. Then, one's mental visions return suddenly, and reappear from nothing like a hologram and you then realize all of the universe is your projection, that everything that has ever happened to you that you willed it, asked for it, wanted it. That you create what you want to dream, that you want to feel sadness, joy and misery equally fully. That you are eternal, infinite all knowing. And it feels amazing, you can move a star at your behest, change the colors of the street lights, set off every car alarm in the neighborhood. And it feels sad. Sad to know what you are, that you are alone, that this is just an illusion. And that you always wiill be.. forever and ever and there is no one to save you, no one can kill you and no one else is there to hear you. All there is, is you.

On the spirtual or mental plane( My ego is still young 23) I encountered an entity that many would call Satan. He was a sharp looking black man with a nice fade and short curly hair in a shimmering black business suit smoking a cigar in a huge hall with a checker patterned black and white floor. He showed me my various existences in other worlds/universes. I had a feeling like I known him forever. A lot of this was filled with tragedy. He showed me all the riches I ever could dream of some of the most amazingly cool and beautiful things that far transcend all the riches of this world. We came at last to some golden gates. Everything in these scenes was more fiery, more intense and brighter than anything of this world. His eyes burned red with fire but i was not afraid of him at all. But at these gates which were to me the gates of heaven and I could see paradise within (which was empty fyi there wasn't anyone there) he said "WE HAD A DEAL." Then my visions instantly changed to scary things. Rag dolls that oozed black blood and primitive weapons like axes and dark lines crawling through my vision. I stopped wanting to see it and it went away and that is when I saw the Ginormous sphere of pulsing white light.

Interestingly enough when the devil was showing me visions I saw Chris brown as a half red REPTILIAN demon like entity (it was like i could see beneath his skin) as well as a few other recognizable individuals that aren't famous enough for me to remember their names. This was interesting because I never heard of reptilian humanoids in my life. I also recall seeing a futuristic planet with huge skyscrapers like new york except they looked metallic and were different colors like blue and red and shaped kind of like space rockets. On this planet they had transforming cars like the batmobile looking from the new movies that could fly and tv screens that had nothing solid to them and seemed to hover in the air and unlike projection screens the picture didnt reflect off the wall it. The image just stood by itself in thin air razor thin like you could walk around it or through it. The picture clarity of the movies was suuuuperb the sound was penetrating deep inside you like you were there when they filmed transformers.

And I saw the future developing through the many stages of cycles and each cycle spinning another cycle from itself like an exponentially growing quadratic equation in patterns and revolutions however. I saw the next best thing happening continually like this until everything reached an apex and at this point saw a golden flash appear off the apex of the cycle in my mind and then it was time for the cycle to begin finishing its circular revolution and RETURN to where it all BEGAN. I saw where my location was in this cycle and it was near maybe about 15-20 degrees from the peak or apex of the cycle where the golden flash had occurred.

If anyone has some stuff they'd like me to expand upon I'm sure I can remember more. It was a super enlightening experience that has allowed me to overcome all of my fears

I also encountered another entity that looked kind of like a NORDIC HE MAN
Words, symbols, gender, masonic history and the bible all came into clear focus.
I saw myself as a father disciplining a teenage son
A troublemaker in some futuristic police state being asked why I did something by a detective type who knew me personally(it was bad)
A Paul Walker looking guy in a badass silver whip looking at myself on a sunny day along a strip with palm trees in the side view mirror smirking
and more I'm sure

There was a general feeling that the older generations of people (or whatever race there's more than humans but they are similar) hold on to controlling things (like politics or businesses) far too long and in extreme instead of allowing the newer generations take over control as if they're too scared to let that happen and it creates serious problems and unnecessary misery.

On different planes there are different forces. Duality is HUGE on this one
I also noticed that as things become more complex and cooler they become more challenging and difficult and that simple things a lot of the time are easier, more relaxing and pleasing
I can sometimes read people like a red blood cell recognizes a white blood cells function in the body and understand everything in their nature as it relates

Most profound was my experience that I could be any creature, organism or the like at any point in time of the cyclic universe whenever i wanted like I could just leave this meat suit whenever I wanted but I felt as if I was exactly where I wanted to Be.

Pretty much thats my wild now told experience of spirituality and god

Namaste

So basically it says you are god, you control the show, and all the demons, aliens and boogie mans are only as real as you make them and have no power over you.

Jesus told the truth, did you catch it?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
just think of how many people have died in the last 30 thousand years or more and who knows what amount that is , but they died like it or not NO ESCAPE . For myself I beleave in another life after this one and the scientific theory that energy does not vanish but only changes form since we are made up of Energy. I just Hope the next Life or Place or Dimension is better than here. and I myself have my faith in Jesus. Death and taxes NO ESCAPE .

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

I like how he says we are watching from nothing at the end and how he defines the difference between darkness and nothing because there is a huge difference.

It helps to think about it like you're sitting in a movie theater and life is the screen but there isnt a theater really...you're no where lol so what does death matter?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Great post S&F for you..

Whether we like it or not it is part of the life process. Think of it as we’ve been recycled to something else.

Of course is scary to get separated from what we use to like and love but one thing to remember, we came to this world alone with lots of encouragements to experience the unknown, departure need the same amount of encouragements to accept the inevitable and ultimately the unknown.

To boldly go where no man has ever returned!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Lazarus Short

SayonaraJupiter

Lazarus Short
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

#1 I'm not a skin job.

#2 I never wanted to be here anyway...

Are you here against your will?

That's a tricky existential question, but I'm not sure the will enters into it. I have premonitions that there is a better place to be, and it would be neither the grave nor the here-and-now.

You are here in this thread with all the rest of us, proof of your wilfullness!
How do you describe this "better place"? Does it only come to you after death, or, can it be realized in the here-and-now?

Elvis, the philosopher, knows your situation.
If I Can Dream
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Most of the time I think I'm pretty happy with my life, but there are days. More days lately then I care to admit that I wish for the sweet relief I image death will inevitably bring. An end to the pain of this world. The process may be painful but I think in many ways that depends on the method of ones exits. Given the ways things are going I'll probably either die of heart attack or I'll get cancer. If I get cancer, I'm not passing the cost of my healthcare expenses to my family. I refuse, especially if the cancer looks bad. Sure would avoiding the pain of the treatment also be nice? Ya, I suppose it's arguably the cowards way out but more importantly I'm doing it to avoid incurring the cost on my family because of how ridiculously expensive treatment is. I"ll probably find an entertaining way to off myself at that point; and I'll be all political and # about it it too and I'll mention fukushima as a cause and the evils incurred by obamcare in the hopes that my death might rouse the ire of a few people. Even though I don't many people would give a # any more then that fellow that burnt himself to death during the shutdown.

"To die would be a great adventure."~Peter Pan
edit on 4-1-2014 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The quote from Three kingdoms: Resurrection of the dragon rings true to me on the circle of life -

Have you ever thought;
that in fact we have both been going round in circles
except mine was a big circle that took decades to finish
i was so naive to believe that man, can prevail over destiny
in the end what fate has arranged for us
As the ending is pre-destined, the process no longer matters

All creatures are born to die, it's a sad but true fact. Perhaps the process of life is meant to be some kind of journey or an experience we are meant to grow spiritually, who knows. Death is a new journey, that can only be accepted not avoided.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Cynic

IMHO the Universe is alive and we who are given human form to learn from and experience the physical world. Upon death, we return to the source of all life and add our knowledge and experiences from our brief existence to the Universal consciousness. I do not fear death and I am honored to have received the opportunity to experience the pain an pleasure of the physical world and learn life's lessons, bad or good to share with all.

This pretty much sums it up. Maybe, just maybe we all return to the 'main soul' from which we're all made of. Or maybe it's an illusion. Who knows. Godspeed man, godspeed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join