It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US **** list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I find myself having to defend my opinion on the state of the US more and more these days to the tone of "Americas the best mmmkay."

I've had a dislike for these here states for the majority of my life and i forget that not everyone has read and seen all that my eyes have layed upon. It's difficult to prove any point with nothing but regurgitated words and opinion.

My intentions with this thread are to compile a list of things that have made you lose faith in United States. (Would love perspectives from outside US too!) I am looking for situations in which the government and its officials or those directly tied to, have committed crimes against humanity, intentionally or through neglect. I do not want conspiracies and unverifiable information (As this is a conspiracy site and that info is already everywhere). Links to stories with verifiable information will do. The best would be circumstances in which they were caught in part due to their own paper work such as the ATF gunwalking scandals.

This could be a useful tool for many and hope to read many responses. After a while i will compile an easy to read list of the best (worst?) links provided. Thanks for the input!
edit on 3-1-2014 by twistedlogic because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2014 by Gemwolf because: Removede censor circumvention from title

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I'm a little miffed about the fact that US citizens don't understand the implications of the constitution beginning with the words, "We the People."

What I'm really angry about is the fact that the citizenry of this country have been systematically trained over generations to disregard their own civic function as Americans. This deliberate program of distraction, and the intentional mis-education of the people by their leaders with the goal of creating a situation in which the people have little choice what their country does in their name.

edit on 3-1-2014 by Mon1k3r because: it's good to have goals

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by twistedlogic

This is going to be a long thread.

1. Has to be all the lies.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The year 1913.......

Federal Reserve and the original IRS 1040 form. Both by acts of Congress and Woodrow Wilson President.

All downhill since.

More recent......

Ultra Left Wing Liberal Progressive infiltration.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I always appreciate knowing where someone such as yourself is from when threads like these are created. I guess it gives me a bit more perspective. I think that's fair to ask, do you? If you are from the US, then please do tell from whence your opinion comes from, etc. Thanks, kind regards.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

queenofsheba
I always appreciate knowing where someone such as yourself is from when threads like these are created. I guess it gives me a bit more perspective. I think that's fair to ask, do you? If you are from the US, then please do tell from whence your opinion comes from, etc. Thanks, kind regards.

Sounds fair to me

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

LOL

How about 1776-1790? Seeing how a 20 something page document took so long to be ratified by just 13 states, one might wonder how The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act got through so abruptly.

Constitution ... Seriously, click the link and scroll through it just to see how short it really is.

Or ... that the Bill of Rights took three years to construct (1788-1791), and it's still subject to judicial scrutiny and 'definition' because a layman (read that as: your typical government employee) can't understand what it 'really' means.

I guess back then it was a lot more difficult to get one over on the people. So, they had to take their time and let 'em get used to an idea ... before screwing them (us) with it.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

America was at its peak of greatness in 50s and 60s. It split the atom, it made great epic movies, it landed men on the moon, it set the standards for the world to follow. Now its just a society of cyber frontier men who wouldn't know how to saddle a horse, or live off a prairie but spending hours riding a cyber horse as they scoff down their donutes and fries. America is no longer a frontier nation.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

AthlonSavage

America was at its peak of greatness in 50s and 60s. It split the atom, it made great epic movies, it landed men on the moon, it set the standards for the world to follow. Now its just a society of cyber frontier men who wouldn't know how to saddle a horse, or live off a prairie but spending hours riding a cyber horse as they scoff down their donutes and fries. America is no longer a frontier nation.

America didn't spit the atom.
That took place in Manchester England.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

How about 1776-1790? Seeing how a 20 something page document took so long to be ratified by just 13 states, one might wonder how The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act got through so abruptly.

psssst... Wanna know a secret on that? It's real hush hush so just between us, eh?

They read the Constitution to know what was in it, before they ratified it.
(That takes a lot longer, dontcha know)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
While I appreciate the wit and sarcasm ( as i am fluent in both
) i think the purpose of this thread was lost, or no one has a clue where there opinions come from. Let me give another example to see if we can't get things rolling
Wedding airstrike
^^and no thats not the most recent one, this one is from 2008

reply to post by queenofsheba

Sure, seems fair to me. I guess my disdain comes from a life time of being saturated in a self righteous culture which has done little to be proud of or to be considered righteous. It stems from this culture of apathy and no one caring about the senseless deaths and atrocities that happen on a daily basis at the hand of your very own tax dollars. It comes from seeing the most brilliant people I've met labeled as failure because they refuse to participate in the system. It comes from a life time of corruption witnessed by my very own eyes. Oh and I'm from Oklahoma. Hope you get the perspective you were looking for.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

So basically you are too lazy to compile your own hate list against our country?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

alldaylong

I doubt they meant the US were the ONLY ones, And Yes, America Split the Atom.

Ask Japan if you're doubtful

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

SLAYER69

alldaylong

America Split the Atom.

Ask Japan if you're doubtful

If i ask Japan they would reply America alone didn't split the atom. However America, Britain and Canada did so. Or don't you get taught that part?

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3-1-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

alldaylong
If i ask Japan they would reply America alone didn't split the atom. However America, Britain and Canada did so. Or don't you get taught part?

en.wikipedia.org...

There you go again.

Reread what they wrote.

They nor I claimed the US were the first nor the ONLY ones.

By the way, China, Russia, France and a few others have 'split the atom'

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

SLAYER69

alldaylong
If i ask Japan they would reply America alone didn't split the atom. However America, Britain and Canada did so. Or don't you get taught part?

en.wikipedia.org...

By the way, China, Russia, France and a few others have 'split the atom'

I never knew that. Thanks for educating me.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The quotes of these destructive globlists beginning with George Washington should be obviously dreadfully destructive and treasonous to anyone with an IQ above freezing.

twoday.net...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeppp

sand creek massacre
lol... yes... me to lazy.. theres my 3rd link to everyone else's zero. I have my own examples in my head. I guess i just thought you know, being a part of an online community, i could bounce ideas off other people. I'm glad your 26th post could be of such help in denying ignorance..

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

BO XIAN thank you for your input! I will have to get to reading those quotes right away!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

twistedlogic
reply to post by Zeppp

sand creek massacre
lol... yes... me to lazy.. theres my 3rd link to everyone else's zero. I have my own examples in my head. I guess i just thought you know, being a part of an online community, i could bounce ideas off other people. I'm glad your 26th post could be of such help in denying ignorance..

Well it's a new year, maybe if you prioritize yourself correctly you can work on that laziness. Good luck!

new topics

top topics

join