It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need Help With Dream Analysis, Please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Roughly between once per week and once per month, I have the same dream.This has now been going on for years, and every time I wake up feeling rattled and unsettled. I have tried looking at online dream analysis websites to try and unravel what is going on here, but can't really come up with anything sensible. So I was hoping that by reaching out on this site, someone with a bit of experience might be able to help, or at least point me in the right direction.

So the dream. I never remember the whole thing, but it basically involves my mum asking if she and my sister can come and stay at mine for a little while, in my flat. But the little while becomes permanent, and eventually I am being forced out of my home - it turns out that was the plan all along - she basically wanted to steal my flat.

The weird thing is that the dreams are gradually moving forward in time. At first, my mum was just moving in and overstaying her welcome. Then after a while, the dreams showed confrontation and arguments, and she admitted (or I realised, I'm not sure) what her plan was all along. This stage went in for at least a couple of years - vicious arguments, shouting, screaming - having her plans rubbed in my face. Recently (the last month or so) in the dreams, I planned to contact the government housing authority about what has happened. In the last 2 or 3 dreams, I contacted them, and am waiting to hear back. I also dreamt 2 weeks ago about viewing a new place to stay.

What the f$%k is that all about then, hehe??? Don't you think that this is really pretty odd? Is it not quite unusual to have recurring dreams so often, never mind ones that (very) slowly move forward in time?!? I can't help feeling that there is some significance here.

Does anyone have any thoughts about what is going on here - I'd appreciate your input.

John
edit on 3-1-2014 by Millions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Millions
Recently (the last month or so) in the dreams, I planned to contact the government housing authority about what has happened. In the last 2 or 3 dreams, I contacted them, and am waiting to hear back. What the f$%k , hehe???

Does anyone have any thoughts about what is going on here -

Good news ,,you should not experience this reoccuring dream for a long time ,,since you,ve contacted the government for help it will be a long while before ya hear back from them....

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It might be about you need to write a stageplay or a short story or something.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

Perfect answer

I would say its a good dream in many ways. Your separation and independence from your mom - becoming your own person. The fact that it is progressing is really good IMO.

But the only person who can really know is you. What does your mom represent to you (your relationship with her when not dreaming of her taking your independence and making you dependent again)? Are you afraid of becoming dependent on her or another again?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Mon1k3r
It might be about you need to write a stageplay or a short story or something.

Uh....okay? I'm not really sure if you're trying to be sarcastic there or something? If so, would you care to elaborate? And if not, accept my apologies - you've totally lost me!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Dianec
reply to post by Blowback

Are you afraid of becoming dependent on her or another again?

Hey - thanks, Dianec. I appreciate your feedback. I hadn't even thought about the dependence/ independence angle - it didn't even occur to me. I had been thinking I've got some weird issues about my childhood or something, hehe, but your explanation does make more sense. Have you done this kind of thing before?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Millions

Sure, I'll elaborate. What I'm saying is maybe you write your dream down, turn it into something good, something creative.

Dreams are about your mind solving problems from your waking life. Thus the saying, "Sleep on it." If you have repetitive dreams, like a puzzle that can't be solved, or a door that can't be opened, then there is something going on in your waking life that you're trying to piece together.

A literal interpretation of your dream may be that you're envious of your sister and you don't trust your mother, and you're afraid they're trying to take away from you what you've earned, or possibly that you feel that you owe them something.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Buildings represent yourself. The attic in a building is your subconscious mind.

The dream could suggest that your mother has a strong personality that might be perceived as controlling.

Has she had trouble letting go of her grown children? Does she still try to direct their lives? Do you feel a need for more independence from her influence?

Just throwing some thoughts out there.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
i note that your mother & sister are the focus.... where is your dad in all this?

i would point out the fact that there is a thing known as DNA memory/ genetic memory

it might also be realistic to see these dreams as being messages from the paternal heritage of your 'self'/made possible from your genetic-DNA memory....

If your male parent is not here...perhaps the dreams are messages from beyond normal reality or perhaps from beyond the grave perhaps... because of your genetic connection you would be sensitive to his psyche which creates the dreams as a 'message' to you specifically

hope things get better for you
edit on rd31138875347503512014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
it's just a dream. Unless it's telling you to go do something then it's just a dream

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Sorry, Moniker - I totally misunderstood your initial post. I thought you were implying I was some talentless hack fishing for ideas for a short story or something! Haha, my apologies!

That's actually a good idea. Thanks - I think I'll look into that.

Interesting interpretation too, quite thought provoking.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

You have a great imagination! Maybe just a tad paranoid.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Your dream is representing what you are feeling. You feel smothered by something you do not think you have much say or control over.

Fix that in real life, and the dream will go away permanently.

It is perhaps you are not even admitting to yourself that you are having a problem with this thing that is smothering/stifling you... your mother represents something/someone that is over you, over as in authority, and whatever it is she is representing from real life, you see yourself on a subconscious level as having no authority whatsoever in relation to whatever is making you feel this way, yet, you either love or feel obligated to whatever it is, or possibly a mixture of both.

You have to change this in life, stand up to whatever/whoever is smothering you in life, and take back your control of your own life. And I say this with reasonable lightness... it doesn't have to be drastic, just, readjust it to where you feel as if you have more control of your own destiny. Right now you feel you are loosing serious ground where concerns what is important to you. At least subconsciously.
edit on 3-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

join