It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists discover dogs' preferred.... you'll never guess :P

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This is really nothing new... We all know animals are very in tune with nature...

I just found this amusing... almost put it in the joke forum

Scientists discovered that dogs across a variety of breeds align their body axis with the Earth's magnetic field (MF) when relieving themselves.

70 dogs out of 37 different breeds -- beagles and dachshunds and Yorkshire terriers, oh my! -- were observed going number two 1,893 times and number one 5,582 times over the course of a two-year period. And they preferred to excrete when their body was aligned along the north-south axis under calm MF conditions, according to a new report in the journal Frontiers in Zoology

Link

Link to the study

So next time you see a Dog taking a dump...

Remember hes actually thinking... Ommm

edit on 2-1-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'll take that bet and guess.... THIS

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Cats just move the whole planet to line up on "their" axis.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Akragon
This is really nothing new... We all know animals are very in tune with nature...

I just found this amusing... almost put it in the joke forum

Scientists discovered that dogs across a variety of breeds align their body axis with the Earth's magnetic field (MF) when relieving themselves.

70 dogs out of 37 different breeds -- beagles and dachshunds and Yorkshire terriers, oh my! -- were observed going number two 1,893 times and number one 5,582 times over the course of a two-year period. And they preferred to excrete when their body was aligned along the north-south axis under calm MF conditions, according to a new report in the journal Frontiers in Zoology

Link

Link to the study

So next time you see a Dog taking a dump...

Remember hes actually thinking... Ommm

edit on 2-1-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)
. Yes but after the dog produces its field of fecality, it eats same with abandon and then uses its sh$tty tongue to lap the face of your darling.
edit on 2-1-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: chanj wat needs chanjen

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Maybe that explains why my old lab [R.I.P] would take forever to go

He would be all hunched over, balanced on his feet/toes and would move a little this way or that searching for the perfect spot. Many times I would say 'just go already....hurry up'
Sheesh, I would have crapped my pants if I did that
He kinda reminded me of the way golfers do when trying to get the correct stance, the way they shuffle their feet several times

Guess he was trying to line his body up with the Earth

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Man I was so excited to post this. Then I saw that it was already posted by ATSmediapro (Skeptic?). My butt was hurt. Link

I thought this was absolutely hysterical. I saw it the other day and have been meaning to see how my buddy actually poops. Will start scientific data collection (already collecting something huehuehue). My dog's breed was sadly not represented in this study. Seeing as he's the smartest of the breeds, I would like his take (or leave) on this issue.

The thing that really got me was all the graphs and the picture in the PDF.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Bah... I didn't know someone beat me to it...

I mean really... A thread on dog poop lol

Ah well

Thanks for your replies people

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This makes so much sense now. Our Beagle always has to calibrate herself while she is getting ready to poop and pee. And she makes small adjustments, then lets it go lol. Same with going to bed, she always has to spin around and lay a certain way, and if we spin her slightly she always goes back like a compass

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
This means that you can use your dog as a COMPASS! Too bad early explorers did not know this...or did they?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

were observed going number two 1,893 times over the course of a two-year period.

I wonder if they knew they were taking out 100 grand in student loans to watch dogs poop.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Truth is always stranger than fiction. And now I have to take a compass outside next time my dog goes, just to test this. WHY! lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Bah... I didn't know someone beat me to it...

I can't think of an appropriate search query. I'm pretty sure you would find A LOT of dog poop. I have a feeling this thread will be fine.

So it's almost 3 AM here. Just got back from dog walking. No poop. Not happy. I woke up next to a snoring dog and couldn't remember if I took him for his late night walk. Standing there in the rain, calling my dog rude and gently nudging him with my foot. 'Duuuuuude..... poooooop. Please?'

I'm like the young male version of crazy cat lady.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
stupida- im gonna hurl

top topics

join