It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackbirds vs Beebe, AR ... Again. Now Feared Extinct.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Edited because I totally fell for this spoof. Argh.

Yes, satire, thy name is Rock City Times. I am curious, though, if anyone know how the blackbirds faired this year.

Original message:
I thought about adding this to the end of the other blackbird die-off thread (from last year), but started a new one instead. Will bow to the mod's judgement on whether to keep this as a new thread, but thought this should be spotlighted.

Yes, it happened again, this time with even more dire consequences. The beautiful blackbirds are now feared extinct.

This marks the fourth consecutive year that the birds have died at midnight on New Year’s Eve in the same area. The number of birds this year greatly exceed previous year’s totals.

“We heard the first bird fall at 11:57 p.m., then probably 10 more over the next minute,” local resident Mabel Jean Jackson tells us. “We pulled the lawn chairs out on the front porch and didn’t hear anything for a couple of minutes. Then at midnight on the dot the sky fell out. They just kept falling. We couldn’t see the ground after a few seconds.”

Edit to add source: www.rockcitytimes.com...
edit on 2-1-2014 by PamelaBritton2U because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Photo is fake, the news is satire. Learn to adsorb information at a much higher level please.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Retikx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PamelaBritton2U

Where did this transpire?

It sure seems odd that it has happened four years in a row!

I assume they have done necropsies on the birds in past years, and are doing so again this year?

Would love a little more info!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well its hard to call something extinct if it still exists in other places, and trust me, there are plenty of grackles where I live and just about everywhere Ive been in the past few months.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
That picture in the article also looks extremely photoshopped.

ETA- if one takes time to scroll down to the comment section, you will find out that this news source is comparable the the New York Post, or the enquirer, and the article in question is a suspected obvious hoax.
edit on 2-1-2014 by jssaylor2007 because: (no reason given)

This shouldve been your article quote...

In other news: Earlier this week Mark Darr announced that he would not resign from his Lt Governor position unless the world ended. A spokesperson for the Governor’s office tells us Darr is expected to make a resignation announcement later today.

edit on 2-1-2014 by jssaylor2007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Unless I'm missing something, that appears to be a spoof news site.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

SummerLightning
Unless I'm missing something, that appears to be a spoof news site.

Well color me stoooopid. LOL. Totally fell for it. Move along. Nothing to see here. No, really.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Retikx
Photo is fake, the news is satire. Learn to adsorb information at a much higher level please.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Retikx because: (no reason given)

I will, but only if you learn to communicate at a much higher level if civility.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
i really really hate this new trend of satire news blogs. there are SO MANY of them now. when it was just the onion it was fine but now people are so constantly duped that it muddies the water for credible news .... plus people start spreading false rumors.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Don't worry bout it, I think we've all been duped by satirical blogs. Even if some are snotty and would never admit it

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

nugget1

Where did this transpire?

It sure seems odd that it has happened four years in a row!

I assume they have done necropsies on the birds in past years, and are doing so again this year?

Would love a little more info!

Shoot me, please.

top topics

join