It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customers walk over dead body after Michigan man killed in store doorway

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Live the lives these folks are living and then pass judgement. We're not talking about rural Arkansas hospitality and always acting for the Greater Good here. Like it or not, there are communities where it's literally "every man for himself". Call me a racist monster. I'm amused by it. Stopping to help a guy shot through the chest could cost you your life. You can take that chance if you like, but these folks know the implications and if you lived there you'd know them too.

ETA there's also the chance that the reason nobody helped sooner was the same reason the guy was shot in the first place. Could have been a brutal neighborhood thug of some kind. Maybe they were glad he was taken down.
edit on 3-1-2014 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

You honestly think the gunman stuck around to see if anyone was gonna come to this guy's aid?
Doesn't work like that.

Besides, if I were to get shot trying to help someone in desperate need, I could easily live with the knowledge that my last act on this planet was one of kindness.

And it doesn't even address the question I raised.
Where is the decency in stepping over a dead man on your way to get smokes?
Find another store or something if you can't be troubled to help

I mean Jesus, these folks may as well have just pushed him aside with their foot

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I realize you're not accustomed to behavior like this but in larger poorer cities it's not all that uncommon. I'm certain under different circumstances many of these people would feel comfortable helping a fellow human being, but in this area you don't voluntarily step into the middle of a gangland execution and the subsequent investigation thereof. Nothing good can come to you from it and you likely have enough problems already.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Well you're right. I'm not accustomed to behavior like that. And I think its a damn shame some people are.

I don't think people are meant to live in large cities.
This urbanization you reference is the absolute worst of the human condition.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

JayinAR

Well you're right. I'm not accustomed to behavior like that. And I think its a damn shame some people are.

I'm not accustomed to it either.

Very thankful for that.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join