It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power Of Names

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

My name Andrew from the Greek name Ανδρεας (Andreas) means Manly apparently.

www.behindthename.com...
edit on 3-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Bond. James Bond.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I believe in the power of names but with some names I have used were my own creation like Zarkia Which I took one of my spirit guides names Zarkon (Zar-kon) and made it female. I have been Lady Zarkia (Zar-key-uh) since my first day online. Other names I have used are Tasamie (Tass-uh-me), Lakutu (La-coo-too), and Tzigane (Zig-aine). And my other Guides are Duric (Dur-Ic), Toma (Toe-ma) and Oblac (Ob-lac). These are not names that I have been able to find meanings for in my searches. If anyone knows where I can find the meanings please let me know.

My birth name is Angel like waterfall and the Last name I can't find at all

Since this is no longer my name I will share it to see if any one else may know Angelia Yes it has an i in it and Lyn only one N Jevahirian Yeah try spelling that in kindergarten LOL.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I love threads like this.

My first name translates to "happy."
My middle name translates to "maiden."
My last name denotes a specific region or city of Poland, so we'll simply leave it at "of Poland" for the thread.

I'm American but I'm otherwise content with my name. Won't fit as nicely if I ever get married, but I'm in no rush!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Sremmos80
Ray of light/ Twin and no meaning for my last name
I only went to one site, name-meanings.com. feel free to offer another one if you think it will get my last name. Interesting that my middle name means twin, where as I am a gemini as well

I wonder how many others find correlations between their namesake, and their lives? There are little things, that connect, like dots here and there. I am wondering if a persons name might act as a framework for their life, so-to-speak. Freedom of choice gives us the ability to decide were we lead ourselves, or course. Thanks for contributing!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

boymonkey74
I love how all the names meanings are pretty great like Chosen one, Great King ect

Now has anyone a name which is derogatory like "he who smells of poop"?

I'm guessing that it was probably only the not-so-right folks who would name their child something like that. Then again, some people choose names that defy normal conventions, such as Pony Boy, or Dweezil. I'm not sure how I would feel about my folks if I knew I was named after poop.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thanks to all who participated, I loved some of the meanings, and combinations of meaning. I enjoy learning new things about folks, as I consider myself a bit of a student of humanity. Always trying to get to someplace, just not sure where...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The closest my name gets to is a demon...

Well actually my first is like god fearing, then my middle is a demon...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

God-fearing demon? Sounds like Lucifer.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

My names are
worthy of love...or just loved
awakening
and expert or trained

I named my kid
majestic
industrious or hard working

and my child has changed their name to
hunter or huntsman
son of all or warrior

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
First Name: shining light
middle: gift from God
maiden: worker in cloth
married: not found

My parents might have thought gift from God as was a last minute tax deduction that year. Worker in cloth fits as I do make quilts and things. Not regular sewing though. Shining light - I guess it depends on who you ask

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Interesting...

Maya = 'Illusion' in Hindu Mythology.

My First Name = 'Dark' (Derived from Greek)

My Middle Name = 'Hope'

Birth Surname = 'Fearn Settlement'

Married Surname = 'Following After'

Illusion Dark Hope Fearn Settlement Following After

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
As far as my Screen name, that is fairly obvious. Nola stands for New Orleans , Louisiana. Although I'm not from there, I got into alot of New Orleans Thrash/Groove Metal. Bands like Pantera , Soilent Green, Down, Acid Bath to name a few.

**CONTEST** WHAT DO THE NUMBERS 213 IN MY SN SIGNIFY???

OK, onto my real name. I have no middle name btw, is that odd? I wonder how many people have no middle name....Anyways...

From Kabalarians power of names web-site, I got this: Seems very accurate but then again more than likely can apply to almost anyone.

-Your name of "........" gives you a clever mind, good business judgment, a sense of responsibility, and an appreciation of the finer things of life.clever yea the rest not too accurate
-You are serious-minded and not inclined to make light of things even in little ways, and in your younger years you had more mature interests than others your age.VERY accurate
-Home and family mean a great deal to you and it is natural that you should desire the security of a peaceful, settled home environment where you can enjoy the companionship of family and friends.VERY accurate
-Whatever you set out to accomplish you do your very best to complete in accordance with what you consider to be right.VERY accurate
-In the home you assume your responsibilities capably, having the self-confidence to form your own opinions and make your own decisions.Fairly accurate
-Others can rely on you; once you have given your word you will do your utmost to fufil a responsibility.VERY accurate
-However, there is a tendency to be a little too independent in your thinking and it is difficult for you to accept the help of others when you should.Extremely accurate
-Due to your strong sense of responsibility, you could experience worry and mental turmoil through assuming more responsibility than you should.Extremely accurate
-Friction could arise through others feeling that you were interfering with their rights and privileges, even though you are only trying to help.Extremely accurate

This I got from the "Behind the Name" link shared earlier"

From the Late Latin name "xxxxxx" meaning "of the Lord". This name was traditionally given to a child born on Sunday. Several saints have borne this name, including the 13th-century founder of the Dominican order of friars. It was in this saint's honour that the name was first used in England, starting around the 13th century. It is primarily used by Catholics.

This I got from a standard dictionary site:

(Roman Catholic Church) RC Church (sometimes capital) a title given to Benedictine, Carthusian, and Cistercian monks and to certain of the canons regular....For whatever that's worth.

OK, onto my Surname:

If you can figure out my first name have at it, I don't go by it anyway. But pleasedon't try messing about and try to find out my last name :p Which wouldn't be very hard really, so please don't openly post it if you figure it out.

Here's the definition for it:

From the name of a city. Besides the famous city of marble in Tuscany there are two other towns near Padova that bear the same name.

I'd imagine that's the same though for many Italians who came over to America around the 1900's, their last name sounds like the town they arrived from, or some Americanized variant of it.

edit on 5-1-2014 by Nola213 because: content

edit on 5-1-2014 by Nola213 because: for more content and some spelling errors.

edit on 5-1-2014 by Nola213 because: content and formatting

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Well, my handle here, I chose long ago simply because I had a young horse at the time, whose name was Blue.
I guess I felt sorta maternal in relation to him.

The meaning of "blues" as we usually know it is obvious (the music, or depression) but that link showed me another meaning I was not aware of - 1. the Blues (Brit) the Royal Horse Guards

I thought that was neat.

My real name, however, has a meaning that I don't find so cool- it is "cow".
Strangely enough, I have always had a thing for cows, and used to get out of the house each day, in the early hours of the morning, at two years old, to be found naked in the middle of a herd of cows in the local dairy.
Later got into cow horse disciplines as an adult. Still love cows- their maternal-type energy charms me.
And we come back to "ma" again.

Maybe it isn't all random after all....
edit on 5-1-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
First: " Victorius"
Second: "Meadow"
Third (Maiden Name): "Gray Estate"
Third (Married): " Dweller of or by the Stream of Thorns"

Our older daughter's name (combination of first and middle) is "Cascade of Morning Dew" and our younger daughter's name (first and middle) is "Oasis".
My husband's name (First and middle) means "Bright Fame, Industrious Leader"

Well there ya have it!
edit on 5-1-2014 by missvicky because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join