It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nakedness of a Telepathic Society

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

TwoTonTommy
I was thinking about this in the days leading up to the "Mayan Calendar End Date", just letting my mind wander. Some people, the David Wilcock types, were talking about ascension to a higher level. The higher level types we have stories about, aka aliens & angels, are mostly telepathic. Most ET abductees claim their abductors communicated with them telepathically.

So if the "next level of consciousness" contains telepathy, it raises a lot of issues. It would revolutionize society. It would be impossible to keep secrets. Your thoughts and emotions broadcast out loud for all to hear. Just imagine trying to keep your mind from betraying something you'd like to hide. A girl you have a crush on. She knows. What you think about your boss. He knows. What you think about in bed. Your partner knows.

The nakedness of a telepathic society raises a whole number of social issues - it seems to me like a whole new system would have to be set up if lying became impossible.

I'm not predicting anything of the sort to happen, though others have. I'm just wondering out loud, in a kind of sci-fi way, what would it do to our society?

You could always look at telepathy in another way. Lets say it was not like a 'tv show' where everything was objectified for you and was more like a whole bunch of feelings which create images, with your job being to put the pieces of the puzzle together or solving "the riddle" without ever being 100% certain unless there was feed back. You would be aware of enough to know if someone is being insincere but not enough to know if the imagery was from them, someone else or a mixture of minds. Lets say that it is a skill just like speaking or writing but more advanced, would that not make for a more interesting level of consciousness?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Kokatsi

crowdedskies
You are referring to linking in with someone (with their permission). That involves the tuning in process . As you know this is also the modus operandi for psychic attacks. As with everything it is the motive and permissions that count.

When reading the thread , I am thinking more of the loudspeaker type of telepathy as the OP was referring to. There are many people who spend their lives fighting off the unwelcome reception of thoughts mostly from people in the vicinity. It can be like a radio broadcast especially when people are thinking by having mental communications with an hypothetical listener. It is less so if their thoughts are heart-felt rather than purely mental.

All this sounds very intriguing to me right now...
Are you saying that someone who has an inner dialogue with (or a monologue towards) an hypothetical listener, is in a broadcast mode from the POV of telepathic sensitivity?
If that is true, and it could well be, teaching people to stop talking like that would be a great service to the world... maybe even they would find some abilities too...

And that if emotional issues are involved, these perceptions would be less intrusive or less unpleasant?

Or maybe another interpretation is better, you are using the term "heart" for a compassionate, or musical emotion whereas merely "mental" would include - egotism and aggression?

No, when I said heart-felt thoughts I was referring to people feeling their way through a problem/situation rather than having an inner conversation in words with an hypothetical bystander.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TwoTonTommy

Well, in a lot of ways, networking (cell phones, texting, the internet, IM, Xbox Live, Google Glass) already does broadcast our thoughts across the airwaves and through the N.S.A. PRISM programs and the like.

I have been under the assumption for a while that telepathy might be one reason that the Grays have trouble being creative. Imagine trying to think of something creative and being interrupted by nay-sayers before even getting started.

edit on 03amFri, 03 Jan 2014 09:58:18 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Huggiesunrise
Your concerns would be the concerns of all. No one left behind. The greatest frontier would turn out to be the self in a selfless society. So all these social embarrassments wouldn't last vary long, you wouldn't just know or broadcast a crush it would be the entire portfolio of feelings and entire array of why you find someone attractive or interesting.

Not all of it would be base enough to offend, the cobwebs of secrets and forgetfulness would be a thing of the past.

The paradigm would be an alien one to be sure.

Yeah, the clown has it down I think - there would definitely be a change - you would broadcast what you were looking for and someone would find you, instead of finding someone and projecting what you are looking for onto them - definitely alien.

Also possible with technology today. Although I'm wondering if we are going to by and large reject technology as a human race - it is either that or be assimilated into the WWW.
edit on 03amFri, 03 Jan 2014 10:01:27 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
There would be psychic locks with the keys inside even unobtainable for the thinker, the psychic vaults would be time opened psychically programmed into the mental construction.

Another way for security against telepathic voyeurs would be to have vast landscapes full of trails to follow so long it would take any burglar centuries, much like games with quests to be able to progress. Not abiding the rules is out of the question since the maker can't be fooled into believing he or she has no control and any threats can simply be hung up like a phone or logging someone out of one's system.

Since distance would not matter as much in the physical, people might contact other life on other planets which would be valuable contacts to get a hold of as they would have technological ideas and people might want to prevent another to get those contacts or contacting outside life. Even stealing inventions in company espionage might be an obstacle though such revelations would humble most people I imagine or at least not many might be so bold at first and those who are might be driven by good intentions to better the world instead of using it for some petty goals to gain money by mindcontrol.

The first world wide known or acknowledged telepath would have a lot of problems starting the change as many people would not have learned how to go offline since it is something completely new no one has ever mentally have to deal with, or only few who remained unknown which means no one would even be able to contact them. Many people might try to contact that one known person, comparable to a server having to handle a lot of connections at the same time, all things unthought of and difficult to prepare for or even organize.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

theabsolutetruth
Telepathy doesn't work like that.

It isn't like wearing a prompt screen on your face or being some sort of 'loudspeaker' per se. could you imagine if all were 'loudspeakering' at once? Inconceivable.

I can and do communicate 'telepathically' and it is a wavelength thing, something I and certain others can tune into. I add with complete certainty that only those that I choose to communicate with, receive the communication, and the communication is beyond instant, this has been proven. Best not to ask how, but it has.

Those that I know that I can and do communicate with and them with me are a select few and they are those that I have connected with on deeper levels (in ethical ways) . I won't say too much on this here but there have been times when this communication has been invaluable and has saved the day a good few times.

I hasten to add, because I was once accused of my art and intelligence being channeled from others as some sort of 'medium' this simply isn't the case. My art, words, intelligence etc are all my own. The telepathic communication I know is like having a conversation, each keeps their own identity.
edit on 2-1-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

Mind-link me Pics or it didn't happen

Hehe...

OP: Didn't you read The Uncanny X-men? I learned how to create a psi-shield/wall/barrier when I was 12! Professor X taught all of us young mutants how to project, conceal, interrogate, dream-walk, disrupt, control and heal (an more) all with our minds. It will not be an open book it will however lead to tensions between the haves and have not and a greater understanding of being human or as Magneto likes to say Homo-superior...
edit on 3-1-2014 by abeverage because: of psi-onic disruptions within the psi-verse

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

ketsuko
Imagine trying to eat in a society like that. It wouldn't be very much fun. Suppose you are not vegan and sitting next to or across the room from someone who is and you happen to be eating meat. Suppose you are just eating someone that someone else finds disgusting. Suppose you are eating someone that would be life-threatening for someone else due to allergy.

All of those things would potentially cause you to feel some uncomfortable things that wouldn't necessarily be entirely appropriate would they?

I mean, it's well and good to say that we'd be more sensitive and understanding to one another, but what common denominator would we be forced to?

Yes, it might be more open, but would it necessarily make things more tolerant?

I agree. Nice thouhgts.

When everything is put out in the open, I think we'd become more conservative, since everybody else would have to deal with whatever we put out there.

It's kind of like if you have a planet all to yourself and you can do whatever you want. Everything is fine until someone else moves in. Then you have to pay attention to their needs because what you do in your corner of the world can potentially impact them. It's like you and hte other person merge. When the two persons merge, their differences blur and they become more similar.

Nontheless, I think telepathy would not extend to everything. People will still hold secrets by storing their thoughts in places telepathy can't reach. In fact, I thnk we've been approaching a telepathic society for a long time. With the advent of information technologies, like radio and television and internet and portable computing, we're expanding our ability to communicate rapidly across the planet to each other. It's becoming easier to communicate every thought. Yet even though all this is happening we still have our own private thoughts. i don't think we'll ever reach a point where there'll be a dramatic and complete silencing of private thought. I think it's a continuum between no privacy and complete privacy. It's just easier and more likely to have some privacy, as opposed to none or complete.

Think about how hundreds and thousand of years ago there were no airplanes or ocean-going vessels or satellites or communication cables crossing the oceans. Peoples were actually separated from each other. This caused large differences probably between them. However, as people were able to travel across the planet, people began to start families together and share ideas and all of the former differences started to blend together and become homogenized.

Also remember there're probably aliens elsewhere and the same thing which separated people on the planet will separate aliens from each other circling different stars. And if not that then it's the separation between aliens in different galaxies or clusters of galaxies. If not that then it's the separation between aliens in different universes. The cycle of differences merging can continue.
edit on 3-1-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Interesting question.

We would have thought police. Our most hidden thoughts and secrets would be seen by our neighbour. Everyone would know our intention, and everything evil about the world would become commonplace, simply because we would understand what desire is attempted to be reached in each evil action. There would be no morals.

Telepathy seems pretty funny, insofar as we are supposed to believe people understand each other's thoughts. Most people cannot even understand their own thoughts let alone someone else's. How can one think in a language someone else can understand? Telepathy seems a liars game.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Aphorism

Interesting question.

We would have thought police. Our most hidden thoughts and secrets would be seen by our neighbour. Everyone would know our intention, and everything evil about the world would become commonplace, simply because we would understand what desire is attempted to be reached in each evil action. There would be no morals.

Telepathy seems pretty funny, insofar as we are supposed to believe people understand each other's thoughts. Most people cannot even understand their own thoughts let alone someone else's. How can one think in a language someone else can understand? Telepathy seems a liars game.

Interesting input.

en.wikipedia.org - Matryoshka doll...

A matryoshka doll (Russian: матрёшка, IPA: [mɐˈtrʲɵʂkə] ( listen), matrëška), also known as Russian nesting/nested doll, refers to a set of wooden dolls of decreasing size placed one inside the other....

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Is that an analogy for something?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Aphorism

Is that an analogy for something?

I guess lol! It made me think of it. We open up this wonderful telepathic society, expecting a revolutionized society where peace reigns, but nothing much changes. Maybe it's bigger or smaller, but it's fundamentally unchanged.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I guess lol! It made me think of it. We open up this wonderful telepathic society, expecting a revolutionized society where peace reigns, but nothing much changes. Maybe it's bigger or smaller, but it's fundamentally unchanged.

Interesting. I think it would be a lot worse. There would be zero peace. Peace is mostly a state of mind, and it would be ruined if someone else had casual rights to it.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Maybe that's the whole point of humanity here on Earth - that we do have independent compartmentalization of our thoughts and ideas, and hence experiences. We don't have "groupthink" like a flock of birds or a school of fish exhibits. We can't remember our past lives, and we can't see the future. We are placed into the box of Now with only our own memories and memories of stories we've been told.

Maybe that's the whole point. Maybe in the afterlife, there is more of a groupthink mentality, and we choose to be born here to play with individualism. Alan Watts often talked about "Life as a Drama", that we are here for fun, for the play, the act - here simply to experience all the different facets of life as separateness, rather than the unity from which we come.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

A telepathic society would revolutionize everything we ever known about, including the concept that, "just because I think or thought of something, doesn't mean I will actually do it", as well as being able to gauge how deep and serious one's thoughts are when one thinks that "I really like you", when actually it's not that he/she likes the other person for his/her character/personality, but merely attracted to his/her looks.

This would cause society to be more forgiving and understanding, and cause everyone to strive to think as positively as possible

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Also, in telepathy we can gauge how serious what one means when one projects their thoughts into others. For example, if the energy behind their thoughts on something seems to be very weak and low in frequency and vibration, then we will know that he meant that which he has thought as just a joke or an expression of dissatisfaction and annoyance at someone/something, and not really a focused attempt to actually do something to eliminate the cause of his annoyance.

However, if his thoughts on something is amplified to broadcast at an extremely threatening and "loud", and "malevolent-seeming" manner, as well as a very evil impulse that we can detect from his/her thoughts, then we will know that he really means to do what he has just thought, so if he thinks that "I want to them out of my territory", then that means his dead serious, and will do anything to eject them from his perceived "territory" or home.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

did i just read this? Intent makes telepathy possible, not alone of course but it is the key. You choose who you will contact and only your target will receive your thoughts. Do you think it is such a simple phenomenon that you couldnt tweak it, encrypt it or even filter the receivers, just send messages that would be received by anyone in their way? You seriously underestimate it then. Like radio frequencies you choose where you send your thoughts and to whom although its way more complex with telepathy. Im not saying there is not an ability that allow one to intercept telepathic messages though...

But the cheery on top is to believe that the next evolution (ascension whatever) would give humans such a complex ability like by magic. It wont happen. It is something that has more to do with the spirit than with the brain. Dont you think it can be learned like that. No trigger will activate it in your adn using cosmic energies coming from the center of the galaxy. Its appaling anyone with a bit of common sense would believe that but then again, desperate people, desperate beliefs.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

i imagine before 'confusion of language' in 'tower of babel', humans communicated telepathically.

peace.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

dodol

i imagine before 'confusion of language' in 'tower of babel', humans communicated telepathically.

peace.

Wow, I never considered that. That's something to think about, for sure!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Menedes567
However, if his thoughts on something is amplified to broadcast at an extremely threatening and "loud", and "malevolent-seeming" manner, as well as a very evil impulse that we can detect from his/her thoughts, then we will know that he really means to do what he has just thought, so if he thinks that "I want to them out of my territory", then that means his dead serious, and will do anything to eject them from his perceived "territory" or home.

I believe more in a telephone/internet kind of telepathy where each have their own server (soul) they log into and their own client (spirit) they use to log into their world. Each individual contains a universe of their own and they all look the same because we are all from the same place. So there can't be any threats but what the invidual imagines there to be. Anyone in their territory they would simply kick/ban/hang up on and the projection of the other would be gone. While the other would just go on in their own universe.

Most people have this idea of telepathy that we would mentally all share the same world while I believe it's multiple worlds running in sync with eachother. I reject reincarnation or rebirth and see the spirit being born from an individual, unconnected physical body much like a standalone computer with camera and microphone which becomes an individual due to processing the outside stimuli the way it does. Instead of wifi or internet, all other computers are standalone as well and imagined basically based on the real thing. It's the own imagination which creates the main spirit and all perceived spirits, the same source inside the brain, not like there is one master brain with THE source and everybody else connects to this one master brain like a server/client relation where all clients login to one server instead of everyone sending and receiving and updating their own world without one server governing all the others. Everything one sees or experiences, it's all from one's own source and we all have one.

The physical creates the nonphysical spirit, which grows up in it's own universe all alone believing they are with others or knowing they are alone but assuming everyone knows. The spirit can then imagine and create the soul more or less, the paradox of it already being there and perfect as it is yet without imagination to shape the soul and because of the possibility for creating new things forever. At some point the spirit might learn about the sending and receiving part of the soul and that is when projections of others can be turned off or on.
edit on 6-1-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TwoTonTommy

I know I'm raising a thread from the dead here, but I found this thread after googling "The Nakedness of a Telepathic Society" and having it redirected here.

I've been hearing that title phrase in my head for several years, and for the longest time thought it was a novel of some sort, or an interpersonal self-help book that I could not find for some reason.

Yesterday, when the phrase once again went through my mind I googled it again, and finally received this link at the top of the page.

Auspicious.

Ever since I was a child I have been fascinated by the thought of telepathy and emotive non-verbal communication. My mother used to tell me frequently that I had to speak, because she couldn't hear my thoughts I was trying to communicate with her.

The concept of telepathic communication was my natural way as a child.

As I became older, more adjusted to the verbal and written mediums being the dominant method of information transfer, I put my original methodologies aside, and more or less forgot about them until I was in my mid-twenties and had a full blown escalation into an unforseen armada of other voices in my head.

Now, I had been used to the occasional voice here and there, and never really gave it much thought, as it was with me since infancy and seemed the natural course of things, but this new influx of newcomers really threw me off guard.

I had a profound psychiatric break because of it, and to this day and of this writing I am still in the process of processing how to manage and adapt to the very real potential of a large Telepathic Majority Consciousness.

What I can share is this.

It can be overwhelming. Not all other communications are kind helpful or polite. Some are radically abusive and require mental fortification to tune them out. I've spent around two decades standing my ground, debating, attempting a variety of social communication methods in order to silence and quell the more intrusive and distracting input.

Tonight is a good night, and I am mostly alone with my own mind, able to keep my cognitive head space together in a linear format without seguing into irrational diatribes or else rendered schizoid trying to fend off these communications from unverified sources.

I have long wondered if there were a way to gauge "broadcast and receiving" ranges in regards to how far thoughts can travel.....are they localized to my community? Am I picking things up from other parts of the country? The Universe?

How far can thoughts travel and what is the time frame of their transmission delay?

Are there Echoes within the Collective Unconsciousness?

It certainly is something to think about, and the Nakedness of a Telepathic Society would have to have understood rules of order and conduct or else the entire community would be rendered inoperable from the constant assailing of unwanted and un-useful information.

Anyway, just wanted to add a thought or two on the subject since providence led me here.

Would love to see this discussion resurrected.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join