It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undocumented immigrant can practice law, California Supreme Court rules

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Breaking the law by being here illegally?
No Props, man U.S> got your back you can practice law and judge the legal citizens.
Makes perfect sense to me!
illegal want want to practice law? Reak here.

Ain't this special?
I am 2 secs from given up my citizenship for this entitlement goodies!
Sucks being legal here.
I want be a minority, down the social majority!
Green day!

edit on 1/2/2014 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Fixed title.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
As it said here.

immigration status is pending

So his father filed for his visa back in 95 so technically he is in the system so he really isn't an illegal. And what entitlement? He isn't asking for anything just a right to practice law something he went to school for.
edit on 2-1-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Edit:

That's better.

edit on 2-1-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Helpus2014

You really think is better to be an undocumented American to get all the “entitlement goodies”? As Mexican American - I can tell you that you don’t want to be a undocumented migrant and a few days in any undocumented migrant shoes and you will see that there is a lot of Kool-Aid being passed around by those who oppose immigration reform and who surely have influence you to post this thread. IMHO America has always been about the best man for the job, it has always been the land of opportunity for all those who are willing to take an oath. Guess what, 12 million people are ready. Are you? The fact that the 911 hijackers came through Canada and yet our northern border is as unsecured as ever while the southern border is continually stigmatized should tell you that perhaps this issue is more about cultural preferences than security or the idea that an illegal immigrant is going to take your job.
Since there will probably be someone who will try to rebut my stance with the “it’s the law argument”, let’s remember that there is such a thing as bad laws. Jim Crow laws, rule of thumb law and many others were changed, so why can’t we change laws that support an obviously broken system?

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Being a Hispanic, I absolutely disagree with you. My mother came here in 1965 from Peru, on a college visa. She married my father, then guess what, she had to go back to Peru because she had the wrong Visa. She then had to re-enter as a marriage visa vs. a student. All that said, she waited over 2 years in Peru till it processed. In recent days, my wife, which is from Europe, Latvia to be precise came here to marry me. It took almost 2 years for her to come as well. the reason why is because all the ILLEGALS that keep flooding the system with BS. the current wait time for a Mexican to legally enter is almost 7 years, again its because the Illegals have so thoroughly damaged the system by coming that it isn't running efficiently, and before you go and say, well lets hire more people to process them, well, why should we? Why should we welcome people that actively broke the law to come here. Why should we welcome people of ANY origin that illegally come to our country, degrade OUR standard of living by depressing wages, and utilize our social services because there children just happen to be born here. We need a COMPLETE revamp of our immigration policy by first instituting a NATIONAL ID system, and verification process, and have a requirement that ALL workers must be documented. Failure to do so should require Jail time for hiring managers, HR personnel, as well as the immediate management. Further, fines to the company should be at least 1 year back taxes for a wage at 17 dollars an hr. That should eliminate the black market wages and force illegals to GO HOME!, and improve there countries THEY were born in, and stop trying to damage MY nation.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

buster2010
As it said here.

So his father filed for his visa back in 95 so technically he is in the system so he really isn't an illegal. And what entitlement? He isn't asking for anything just a right to practice law something he went to school for.

Then he shouldn't be an illegal if all that is true, he should be here on a student visa or a working visa. The fact that he wants to "practice law" and cannot go through the proper legal channels is absolutely ridiculous.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
*giggles*

I am so amused.

The same folks that are screeching, "It's the law!" about Obamacare are the ones screeching, "Ignore the law!" when it comes to illegal immigration.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

beezzer
*giggles*

I am so amused.

The same folks that are screeching, "It's the law!" about Obamacare are the ones screeching, "Ignore the law!" when it comes to illegal immigration.

Nice!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by camain

If Peru had over 1000 miles of border with the USA, would your mom have come on a student visa? Don’t answer, I know it’s impossible to know hypotheticals but my point is that most of those flooding the system did it because they could. Just like Europeans did it because they could, Mexicans do it because they can, just like Cubans do it now. Oh wait, Cubans get a pass because? Cuban Americans supported the conservative party who made it possible for them to get asylum and green cards. Yet, the other huge Hispanic voting block which is Mexicans vote Democrat- get my point?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeppp

You are comparing established laws vs. new legislation. Our immigration laws have had plenty of time and support to either work or not work. Guess what? They don’t work. A law like ObamaCare has never been given a chance or time to work. If we spent more time being good Americans and supporting our president, the law might be more successful – the bottom line is that the jury still out on ObamaCare. I will admit, you are right, I support ObamaCare and is the law. I just think both Obama and ObamaCare have never been given a chance and there is very powerful people, business and groups who are not supporting for all the wrong reasons.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Zeppp

buster2010
As it said here.

Then he shouldn't be an illegal if all that is true, he should be here on a student visa or a working visa. The fact that he wants to "practice law" and cannot go through the proper legal channels is absolutely ridiculous.

Yes he shouldn't have been illegal for all that time. How about you go to immigration office and tell them to speed it up he's been waiting since 95.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

beezzer
*giggles*

I am so amused.

Maybe it would help if you understood what people were talking about. His paperwork has been filed so he really isn't an illegal.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

buster2010

Zeppp

buster2010
As it said here.

Yes he shouldn't have been illegal for all that time. How about you go to immigration office and tell them to speed it up he's been waiting since 95.

Until he has gone through the immigration process like millions before him he should wait his turn and not practice law. Why would I go to the immigration office and tell them to hurry his case? I have nothing to do with this instigator.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

buster2010

beezzer
*giggles*

I am so amused.

Maybe it would help if you understood what people were talking about. His paperwork has been filed so he really isn't an illegal.

Yet he is not legal!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yep, same thoughts here.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think the bottom line here is:

"Follow the law to the letter."

Therefore I don't see this move by the CA supreme court as anything but a way to subvert the foiled blanket amnesty for immigrants which the current regime has failed at selling to the tax livestock.
This is only the beginning...

-Peace-
edit on 2-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 2-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Horatius

The fact that the 911 hijackers came through Canada and yet our northern border is as unsecured as ever ..

Nice of you to continue to perpetuate this falsehood as well.

Wilson said that "as the 9/11 Commission reported in 2004, all of the 9/11 terrorists arrived in the United States from outside North America. They flew to major U.S. airports. They entered the U.S. with documents issued by the United States government and no 9/11 terrorists came from Canada."
Napolitano quickly put out a statement explaining that she had misunderstood what Macdonald was asking.

Blame Canada?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is another sad and weird twist. Can he be appointed judge after a while, even assuming he won't yet have legal US status?

I'm all for legalizing educated people who can become good tax payers (after paying hefty fines for all the freebies they got) and removing the uneducated or criminals who commit anything from murder to identity theft. But this goes a bit too far.

How did he get his law degree in the first place? Did he get a student loan on a fake SSN or did he get a special tuition free (tax payer paid) scholarship?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Shaking my head... To bad their is no where left to go to get away from this, short of space, time travel or ascending to another dimension... Feelsbad.gif

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join