It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4:04 Texas dog acting strange

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If this is not in the right place mods please move,At this time our dog is acting very strange he is looking up at the sky having a fit,my one daughter said it was just a jet in the sky and he hears it,but we have jets, helicopters and planes fly over all the time since we live near Ft Hood and he never has reacted this way before,he seems highly upset over something he has seen in the sky he keeps looking up barking,whining,high pitch yelps coming from him and running all over the house,Anybody else's pets behaving strange?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

Do you see, hear, smell or feel anything unusual?

What's the weather like?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Are there any storms expected in the area?

One of my pups can sense a storm coming quite some time before it arrives.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

It is a beautiful day here clear blue sky, the only thing i seen in the sky was two white lines not clouds,i know dogs hearing is so much better than ours,but like i said we live 30 miles from FT>Hood so he is used to jets and planes and things flying over all the time,the only thing that freaks him out is thunder
s

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Maybe he needs a poo and cant find the magnetic north

Great thread

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

LOL!

I bet that's it.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Well, hmmmm, I'm in Manor on the outskirts of Austin and the radio, KLBJ AM, has been running a warning about staying inside due to an "industrial level of Cedar Pollen". It jumped from low level yesterday to over 7000 parts per whatever within 24 hours. The air is pretty much toxic if you're sensitive to Cedar. Wonder if that's the case or if its something else? Anyhow check his eyes and see if he is having a reaction to it, is there any discharge? I'm staying in today as I'm prone to Cedar Fever.
edit on 1/2/2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

I live in the Austin area, and both my dogs are snoozing peacefully right now.

I, however, am having a horrible time with allergies today - and I'm not usually susceptible to cedar fever. I'm howling with a horrible headache, sore glands, sneezing fits that almost stop my heart, and eyes that won't quit watering.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Has he calmed down yet? Or is he doing something different now? Do you know anyone else with a dog there?

I have 2 cats who were acting normal (again...as they have gone through bouts of off behavior a couple of times) - but about a week ago began to do this restless "you aren't hearing me" behavior - and I can't figure out what they want. One who I've never heard meow has been doing so loudly.

These cats are independent and just do their thing (kids pet them and my son actually gave one a bath
) and rarely demand much more than lots of food and fresh water so when nudging me, meowing, etc - and then looking back as if to lead me somewhere it's weird. I've tried to figure out what they are saying but just can't. Maybe your dog will calm down and you will never know but I know how you feel.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Yeah, I'm with ya…. I'm taking Benedryl allergy liquigels and Robitussin DM… about the only combo that helps along with a lot of water. Some people get hyper and nuts with the high levels of pollen, thought the dog was reacting to it along with the cold weather (anything under 80 degrees is considered cold here, lol). Take care and consider onion soup tonight or slicing a raw onion and putting it next to your bed just in case (could be flu) and onions are great for that.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
My pets are all acting strange. I'm in CT. Also the birds, watch the birds. I had about a hundred plump crows fill a tree as to make Iook like they were actually black bushes. They either migrate in huge packs in circles before falling, or all fly solo, screeching. And when the sound stops, oh, the feeling in the air is of dread, like stepping into a haunted house. And I can see a second color around lights now. Like a white light will have blue around it, and an orange will have purple.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Oh, I forgot to reply to you not usually being sensitive to Cedar, well, over time most people do become susceptible to Cedar Pollen and especially at these super high levels. KLBJ just had a clip of an allergist saying 1000 parts per whatever is considered high for pollens, 7000+ is off the scale….

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Now i have foaming water coming out of my sink i went to get some water to make some instant mashed potatoes and it looks like it has soap running out of the faucet,my pan of water looks soapy

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Why that is the standard reaction to a dog seeing a hot air balloon! Seen it from the basket many times. Dogs just don't understand the big slow moving thing.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

That makes sense - I moved here from Houston about 14 years ago, so I guess it's time for the cedar to start bothering me. Oh joy.

Thanks for the advice. I'm willing to try anything. Benedryl, onions, a gun to the head... (just kidding on the gun).

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

He has slightly calmed down,but still acting strange,I know my dogs behavior i know when a cat is outside by his actions,i know when people walk by his bark this is something i never seen before

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Wow, the odd occurrences are really adding up? At this point I really just hope it is the cedar causing the odd behavior…. Here's what I found on soapy looking water out of the tap, but I'm still concerned that it is happening all at the same time….

Source: www.cbnbh2o.com...

If Your Tap Water Appears Milky White
in Color

Milky white water, also commonly described as cloudy, hazy, soapy, or foamy, is almost always caused by air in the water. One of the many properties of water is its ability to dissolve gases. Sometimes the air comes out of the water in the form of many tiny bubbles which gives water a milky white appearance. To see if the white color in the water is due to air, fill a clear glass with water and set it on the counter. Observe the glass of water for 2 or 3 minutes. If the white color is due to air, the water will begin to clear at the bottom of the glass first, then gradually to the top. This is a natural phenomenon and is completely normal - the water is safe to use. This can happen in the springtime when the weather begins to warm, anytime there is a significant heat wave, or whenever the water has been turned off for repairs. Cold water holds more dissolved air than warm water. In the spring, the water supply in our reservoirs is cold and contains a relatively high level of dissolved air. As the water moves through the water mains in the streets and the pipes in your house, it begins to warm and lose some of its ability to keep the air dissolved. However, because the water is under pressure in the pipes, the air remains in the water. When you relieve the pressure by opening the faucet and filling your glass with water, the air is free to escape from the water, giving it a milky appearance for a few minutes. This same set of circumstances can cause your hot water to be cloudy. Back to Top

Milky white water can also form after the Water Board has worked on a water main or you have had work done on your plumbing. When the water is shut off, air can get in the water main or your pipes. When the water pressure is restored, some of that air dissolves into the water.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

jasmine23
Now i have foaming water coming out of my sink i went to get some water to make some instant mashed potatoes and it looks like it has soap running out of the faucet,my pan of water looks soapy

That's a common reaction to having air trapped in your water pipes. No big deal and probably not related to your dog going bonkers.

edit on 1/2/2014 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

jasmine23

It could be air bubbles for some reason. If the foam dies down after sitting a while, it's air. Hope we're not getting some weird, unprecedented earthquake in central Texas!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I have lived in Killeen Texas outside Fort Hood, our German Shepard would act funny like you are explain any time the field artillery were out practicing, she could hear the rounds going through the air she would follow the sound through the sky, we knew what it was as we would laugh because after wards you would hear the percussion from the rounds and they would shake the windows.

Maybe your dog is hearing the artillery.
edit on 2-1-2014 by 19KTankCommander because: spelling

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join