It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Covers Up Global Warming Angle In Rescue Report

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Indigent
These clowns will cost Australia 400k

www.theaustralian.com.au...#

I bet that at times like this countries like Bolivia are having a blast of not having sea access

Did they even need to be rescued? They had lots of food, supplies. When they talked on the news about how the other ships couldn't get to them, it sounded like it didn't really matter - there was no danger.
Maybe they just didn't have supplies for that many aboard?

All 22 Russian crew members stayed with the icebound vessel, which is not in danger of sinking and has weeks' worth of supplies on board. They will wait until the ice that surrounds the ship breaks up.

www.cbc.ca...#!/content/1.2481414
edit on 4-1-2014 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

I thought you didn't believe in conspiracies considering that you have met the 'bigwigs'? Who owns CNN and would be ultimately for this responsible? What other connections do they have in the world? All big questions to ask; I did the same thing with CBS board of governors and it didn't lead down good roads.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

VeritasAequitas

I thought you didn't believe in conspiracies considering that you have met the 'bigwigs'? Who owns CNN and would be ultimately for this responsible? What other connections do they have in the world? All big questions to ask; I did the same thing with CBS board of governors and it didn't lead down good roads.

I don't know where you got that.... I never said I didn't believe in conspiracies. I've just spoken out against specific CONSPIRACY THEORIES that are blown out of proportion or blatantly false.

The only "conspiracy" about this story (and I wouldn't even use that word, personally) is that the news agencies....almost all of them....have buried a key piece of information about this story. Why? There are several hypotheses:

1. Because they jumped on the Global Warming bandwagon and this presents an embarrassment to them.

2. Because they weren't aware of who was on board or why they were there.

3. Because they were told to keep that information out of the story.

I'm sure other posters could come up with some more ideas and even go further into depth with the reasoning. My personal opinion is that they either fall into category #1 or #2. I'd even go so far as to say it is a mix of all 3, depending on the news agency.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I'm sorry then, I must have misunderstood your position and by no means willfully misrepresented it. It appears that you and I are alone when it comes to the esoteric crowd believing in conspiracies here on ATS. I have yet to see one Mason here admit that conspiracies exist in the world other than as a rationalization akin to "The boogeyman made me do it."

While I do not believe that anybody can force somebody do something aside from techniques illegally used and devised in MK Ultra and since, I do believe that there are those who subtly manipulate us into indulging in our more decadent and 'dark' desires... While the burden of responsibility still lies with us to account for our actions, it isn't exactly fair when you throw all of the factors on their side into the mix; especially when we are taught it's just 'natural'.
edit on 4-1-2014 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

As a climate scientist myself I couldn't disagree with you more. Sure the climate is changing. It has been warming for 10k years. If history repeats itself we could potentially see another Jurrrasic with completely melted ice caps. Is man causing it? I think you've been drinking the kool-aid.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

I couldn't agree with you more. My degree was in atmospheric physics and dynamics and I my research position in HI was upper atmospheric cold plasma phenomena. All of that is almost all observing electrical current between the earth and the sun, and we could actually see how it drives climate, especially highly volatile climate like thunderstorms and tornadoes. However we were banned from using the data for climate research and were flat out told we would be terminated if we deviated from our specific research parameters.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

raymundoko
reply to post by Mamatus

As a climate scientist myself I couldn't disagree with you more. Sure the climate is changing. It has been warming for 10k years. If history repeats itself we could potentially see another Jurrrasic with completely melted ice caps. Is man causing it? I think you've been drinking the kool-aid.

In my very honest opinion, the cause of global warming is a heating up of our central sun. It is changing. Yet, for some reason there seems to be a most frantic desire for those in charge to cover up this fact more completely than almost anything else.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Mamatus
The only fools are people that do not realize that Climate Change is happening. in some places you can call it warming in others, cooling.

The fact that humans have affected our planet in an adverse manner is undeniable. Just WTF do people think they have to gain denying it?

Oh wait, most often they are the same people that think Obama has no birth certificate or that the Government flew missiles and remote control planes into buildings.....

There are no answers or facts that will make these people see the truth. This is a fact that is not debatable. Belief in conflict of facts, these brilliant humans not worth my time.

That being said I will not bother to get drug into a never ending debate with such ilk so feel free not to respond to this as I won't answer.

This post reeks of self entitlement. You seem to value you're own opinion far more than you should. And no, if people disagree with your assertion of man caused climate change, they are not being irrational. You are.

With all the info coming out with wikileaks, the IPCCs data errors, east anglia university withholding evidence and their pathetic attempt to save face, to this; climate "researchers" vessel getting stuck in ice that was supposed to be nonexistent. And let's not forget that "global warming" stopped back in 1998...

If anything people like you and your pseudo science are on pae with religious extremists devout in their beliefs facts be damned! And to make your case worse, you have Al Gore on your side. In closing, I ask you this. Can you point to a time where this planet has ever had a climate equilibrium? No? ###snipped###
edit on 5-1-2014 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jan 5 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by raymundoko

Have the flat earth society freaks taken over the scientific establishment?

Hiding the results of research that knocks current thinking "norms" has always been at the forefront of any factual frontier based output that debunks bunkum!

Most of these clowns must have ancestors who designed the camel when they had already agreed on what a horse should look like. Subsequently, some of their offspring agreed on the design for the millenium dome.

Awaiting another off post hit from my moderator stalkers...

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuftystick

Any research facilities who get their money from the gov (in my case the DOD) have to tow the line you are given; Otherwise another research firm will come in and take your grant by promising what they need to.

Employees who jeapordize a grant are terminated.

I've said it before: Once a few key people die, the scientific community will right itself.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

raymundoko

I couldn't agree with you more. My degree was in atmospheric physics and dynamics and I my research position in HI was upper atmospheric cold plasma phenomena. All of that is almost all observing electrical current between the earth and the sun, and we could actually see how it drives climate, especially highly volatile climate like thunderstorms and tornadoes. However we were banned from using the data for climate research and were flat out told we would be terminated if we deviated from our specific research parameters.

Holy hell. That is one of the most damning bits of testimony about the AGW scam that I have ever heard.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Not as damning as you might think. Let's say I retained all the emails I had received during my time in HI. Let's say I took it forward to the press.

I would then be scrutinized!

"This guy only got his masters"
"This guy's field of study is plasma"
"This guy made a C in Business Finance 101"

I would then be blackballed from almost any available position in Atmospheric Sciences.

I would become the target instead of the message. Nobody wants to be that guy, especially when you have a family to feed.

In reality I would never have been allowed to get my Doctorates with what I wanted as the subject of my Dissertation. Once I came to that realization I got out of the industry and switched to a career in technology.
edit on 6-1-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
And....CNN STILL not reporting that the researchers were there to study global warming.

Ships break free from ice in Antarctica

Meanwhile, the international team of researchers who were flown off the stranded Russian ship are on board the Australian icebreaker Aurora Australis, which is ferrying them to Australia's Casey Station on Antarctica.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join