It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Covers Up Global Warming Angle In Rescue Report

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

Plus this is the coldest winter on record and lowest temperatures with largest ice pack reaching south down past Bering Sea and dutch harbor.

Really? Do you have a link to that?

I have read somewhere that they found the coldest place on earth the antarctic and the temperature record was set in 2010. As far as the coldest winter on record...err are you talking about globally or a specific region? I also read they collected data for those records because of new satellite technology.

I am not saying your lying but I am genuinely curious if that is true so I did do a search but couldn't confirm your claim.

Maybe you misinterpreted? Although they announced the new record this week, the temperature record was set on August 10, 2010. But if it is as you say could you provide a link for that?

I think this is actually what you are talking about correct me if I am wrong.

Here is another article on it Coldest ever temperature recorded on Earth found in Antarctica

It s scary impressive. Colder than dry ice.
edit on 3-1-2014 by Grimpachi because: spell check

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Well, there has not been any global temperature change in the last 16 years, sea ice is at its greatest since 1983, European winters are getting colder, their summers are cooler, All of America under snow, those poor people trapped in the Antarctic ice? well, that ice was not there when they arrived to study global warming/cooling/melting ice.
By the way, its summer down there, and the ice is increasing? So does ice melt in summer, or does it increase?
My information comes from daily updates from climate depot. Plus ATS, and climate etc. (a new website)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
These clowns will cost Australia 400k

www.theaustralian.com.au...#

I bet that at times like this countries like Bolivia are having a blast of not having sea access

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Don't forget Australia in your list... They got a snow storm on the 5th day of summer.

mobile.news.com.au..." target="_blank" class="postlink">snow. in summer. that is all.
edit on 3-1-2014 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

CIAGypsy
Okay, I searched for information on this rescue in several forums. I also did multiple searches and found nothing....so I'm going to be rather annoyed if this ends up being a duplicate. However, I thought it was too funny to let it pass...

CNN Covers Up Global Warming Angle In Rescue Report

Below is a four-minute report CNN has broadcast all morning about the rescue of a few dozen Global Warming researchers trapped in the Antarctic ice for 10 days. What is glaringly missing from CNN's reporting, though, are the words "global" and "warming." In fact, not once does CNN inform its viewers that these researchers were there to confirm that ice in the Antarctic is melting.

Call it a cover up, call it lying through omission -- either way, what you have here is The Most Trusted Name In News choosing not to report the fact that a bunch of Global Warming researchers who specialize in researching ice in the Antarctic got stuck two weeks into a five week expedition after being trapped in ice their own research said would not be there.

How is that not news?

It might mean nothing. But the fact that CNN and other media outlets are covering this fact up, instead of explaining it, tells me it can't be easily explained. Global Warming is a religion to the left and media, and reporting the facts -- and dare I say "science" -- of a story like this undermines the faith.

If nothing else, shouldn't this unexpected ice be good news to those who believe in *Global Cooling* (strike that) *Global Warming*(strike that too)...ur.... Climate Change?

This is not the way those confident in their beliefs behave.

So I have said for YEARS that humans are NOT having a substantial impact on "global warming." There is more than enough documented evidence that the earth goes through natural warming/cooling phases. But this idea has been used as a fear tactic for so long that people just accepted it because the "evidence" came from so many different sources.

When these people were trapped in the ice, I saw the news story.... I've also seen the news stories about the icebreakers who have tried (and failed) to reach them and the possibility that they may have to attempt an aerial rescue. But in none of the stories has anyone mentioned (that I recall....) that these were global warming scientists.

Rather ironic....

edit on 2-1-2014 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Also isn`t it summer time in antartica right now, and yet there`s lots of extra ice, global warming in full force, i think not.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Isn't this kind of like an anti gun person shooting them selves in the foot just to prove how dangerous a gun is .

As far as CNN, this is what they do and why they are always on the verge of failure.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Over the life of this debate, rational thought is finally winning out. It's hard to deny anymore what is really going on.
Real direct quantifiable pollution is being ignored, meanwhile unquantifiable effects of CO2 has all the attention.

Its great to be able to see that holding firm on real science, rather than the religion of al gore and the new world order tax machine has paid off with a big logic wrench thrown in the gears.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

ZakOlongapo

i like to post this for You to help You a bit...

Zak, I quoted you just because this G. Carlin piece is so profoundly true.

I (very recently) have a BS in Geology, and there's 2 things I want to add to this debate:

1) Science is so deeply in bed with anthropogenic global warming it is sickening. Honestly, I'd say almost all academic earth scientists' life work exists on a foundation of ACC belief.
In my Geology department alone (~15 PhD's) the % of pro-climate change research is staggering...I'd venture a modest guess that 80% of all projects are directly related to ACC. Even projects that aren't expressly ACC still find an angle to 'contribute' to the ACC evidence.
Why? Government grant money and academia peer pressure. If you take it, your work damn well better support anthro CC or a) You'll have a hard time getting any more money and b) Your ability to publish and find collaborative research partners will drastically decrease. Within academia, disbelief of ACC is akin to having a mental defect.

As a primer for the non-scientific, there are 2 types of data: Quantitative, which is essentially a numerical, testable measure, and Qualitative, which is more descriptive and objective.

2) The quantitative data we have is beyond miniscule in relation to the climate's age. Scale this to a human lifespan of 80 years: You felt pretty 'normal' your whole life (qualitative), normal being generally agreed upon as 98.6°. In the most recent 9.46 minutes, your temperature is read at 98.7° and slowly climbing to 98.8° (quantitative).
Does that reading really carry much weight? Even if you knew that historically you 'got cold' or got 'hot'? Would building a model of your body heat system be an accurate predictor of future temperatures? Can you even imagine understanding all the myriad factors which create your body temp?
Earth scientists don't understand all the climate factors. Every year there are papers published which identify more (and sometimes significant) climate factors. The models are educated guesses, nothing more.

I guess the takeaway from my ranting is that scientists have an economic and pride based motivation to continue supporting ACC. From an earth science perspective, there is hardly any original quantitative data on climate variations, certainly nowhere near enough to 'close the case' on ACC.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

allknowingmop

Also isn`t it summer time in antartica right now, and yet there`s lots of extra ice, global warming in full force, i think not.

It is Summer in the Southern Hemisphere and Winter in the Northern Hemisphere. But there is actually a time lag of about three months time-lag between the Winter/Summer equinox and the times with the greatest/least amount of ice.

The actual outline of the ice sheet varies from year to year. It's a complex function of ocean currents, coastline shape and ice deposition/melting. Yet the activists will point at one point of the ice-sheet and say look, the ice is getting thinner, we must have global warming. Then someone else will point out that at five other points, the ice sheet is actually thicker that it has ever been before. The simplest explanation is that an extended icesheet in one place prevents ice deposition in the areas further downstream. Then when they break off, circulation is restored.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Battleline

Isn't this kind of like an anti gun person shooting them selves in the foot just to prove how dangerous a gun is .

As far as CNN, this is what they do and why they are always on the verge of failure.

It wasn't just CNN who "failed" to mention it though....that's just who I happened to pick on because I thought the story on Breitbart was funny.

But the analogy is humorous...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

This is where I need the little emoticon that smacks his head against a brick wall....

Here you go:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

it may be cooler elsewhere on the planet but it is pretty darn hot over here

www.theaustralian.com.au...-premium

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thishereguy

Well said! Change is the only constant when it comes to climate.
You can never stop it from changing, even if you reduce human carbon emissions to zero (that's only possible if everyone's dead BTW)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Perfect....

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I think that planets are alive, can communicate, and if necessary make short work of us. I think we are here to serve a purpose for the planet, perhaps it desires to explore as well, but we shouldn't be so gluttonous as to cause it to cut us off.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

people like you need to stop flip flopping around so much.... If Global WARMING was really so bad there would be WARMING, not COOLING...

I love it how people like you dismiss and ignore the fact that NASA scientists, despite the nutjobs like Hansen, have been giving you evidence that "POLLUTION IS NOT THE CAUSE OF THE CLIMATE CHANGE" hence CO2, which is labeled a pollutant by the AGW nuts, cannot be the cuse of the Climate Changes.

Current warmth seems to be occurring nearly everywhere at the same time and is largest at high latitudes in the Northern Hemisphere. Over the last 50 years, the largest annual and seasonal warmings have occurred in Alaska, Siberia and the Antarctic Peninsula. Most ocean areas have warmed. Because these areas are remote and far away from major cities, it is clear to climatologists that the warming is not due to the influence of pollution from urban areas.

www.nasa.gov...

Of course the Climate Changes all the time, it doesn't and isn't because of humanity... Were you born yesterday that you haven't realized this yet?

Just because there are Climate Changes it is no evidence that mankind is the cause... the climate and weather changes NATURALLY everyday...

edit on 4-1-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Mamatus
The only fools are people that do not realize that Climate Change is happening. in some places you can call it warming in others, cooling.

The fact that humans have affected our planet in an adverse manner is undeniable. Just WTF do people think they have to gain denying it?

Oh wait, most often they are the same people that think Obama has no birth certificate or that the Government flew missiles and remote control planes into buildings.....

There are no answers or facts that will make these people see the truth. This is a fact that is not debatable. Belief in conflict of facts, these brilliant humans not worth my time.

That being said I will not bother to get drug into a never ending debate with such ilk so feel free not to respond to this as I won't answer.

you sound like a doomer.

i'd go with a pollution problem before AWG or whatever it is today.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
We are talking about the same voyage and it's reasons for it...?

"We are going south to:

gain new insights into the circulation of the Southern Ocean and its impact on the global carbon cycle
explore changes in ocean circulation caused by the growth of extensive fast ice and its impact on life in Commonwealth Bay
use the subantarctic islands as thermometers of climatic change by using trees, peats and lakes to explore the past
investigate the impact of changing climate on the ecology of the subantarctic islands
discover the environmental influence on seabird populations across the Southern Ocean and in Commonwealth Bay
understand changes in seal populations and their feeding patterns in the Southern Ocean and Commonwealth Bay
produce the first underwater surveys of life in the subantarctic islands and Commonwealth Bay
determine the extent to which human activity and pollution has directly impacted on this remote region of Antarctica
provide baseline data to improve the next generation of atmospheric, oceanic and ice sheet models to improve predictions for the future"

For more information, do feel free to contact us. We hope you can join the team.

Professor Chris Turney and Dr Chris Fogwill
The Australasian Antarctic Expedition 2013-2014
University of New South Wales

Courtesy The Spirit of Mawson Voyage website - spiritofmawson.com

Have a look, climate change looks to be about 25% of the research basis for the voyage

It's all there folks, it's not a conspiracy, this time the media is concentrating on what makes news, with the editors looking at their live web hit counters, anything that doesn't generate interest ain't getting front page cover or visual media coverage.

"None so blind as those that cannot nor will not see!"

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
And here is the new Zealand Harold talking about planting 5000 trees to offset the carbon footprint of the rescue mission. The crew has vowed to plant 800 of them. still no mention of what their research was about.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

edit on 1/4/14 by 404ed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join