It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Covers Up Global Warming Angle In Rescue Report

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Okay, I searched for information on this rescue in several forums. I also did multiple searches and found nothing....so I'm going to be rather annoyed if this ends up being a duplicate. However, I thought it was too funny to let it pass...

CNN Covers Up Global Warming Angle In Rescue Report

Below is a four-minute report CNN has broadcast all morning about the rescue of a few dozen Global Warming researchers trapped in the Antarctic ice for 10 days. What is glaringly missing from CNN's reporting, though, are the words "global" and "warming." In fact, not once does CNN inform its viewers that these researchers were there to confirm that ice in the Antarctic is melting.

Call it a cover up, call it lying through omission -- either way, what you have here is The Most Trusted Name In News choosing not to report the fact that a bunch of Global Warming researchers who specialize in researching ice in the Antarctic got stuck two weeks into a five week expedition after being trapped in ice their own research said would not be there.

How is that not news?

It might mean nothing. But the fact that CNN and other media outlets are covering this fact up, instead of explaining it, tells me it can't be easily explained. Global Warming is a religion to the left and media, and reporting the facts -- and dare I say "science" -- of a story like this undermines the faith.

If nothing else, shouldn't this unexpected ice be good news to those who believe in *Global Cooling* (strike that) *Global Warming*(strike that too)...ur.... Climate Change?

This is not the way those confident in their beliefs behave.

So I have said for YEARS that humans are NOT having a substantial impact on "global warming." There is more than enough documented evidence that the earth goes through natural warming/cooling phases. But this idea has been used as a fear tactic for so long that people just accepted it because the "evidence" came from so many different sources.

When these people were trapped in the ice, I saw the news story.... I've also seen the news stories about the icebreakers who have tried (and failed) to reach them and the possibility that they may have to attempt an aerial rescue. But in none of the stories has anyone mentioned (that I recall....) that these were global warming scientists.

Rather ironic....

edit on 2-1-2014 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

This was actually one of those genuinely funny situations,
where cosmic karma bites one in the proverbial butt.....

I guess CNN knew this made those warmists look like fools....
its pretty glaringinly obvious, likely were probably told to keep
it hush LOL.

And of course, thankfully all of the "tourists" (including the climate scientists)
are all safe, rescued from the freezing cold. Thankfully.

edit on 2-1-2014 by burntheships because: its too cold to think

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The only fools are people that do not realize that Climate Change is happening. in some places you can call it warming in others, cooling.

The fact that humans have affected our planet in an adverse manner is undeniable. Just WTF do people think they have to gain denying it?

Oh wait, most often they are the same people that think Obama has no birth certificate or that the Government flew missiles and remote control planes into buildings.....

There are no answers or facts that will make these people see the truth. This is a fact that is not debatable. Belief in conflict of facts, these brilliant humans not worth my time.

That being said I will not bother to get drug into a never ending debate with such ilk so feel free not to respond to this as I won't answer.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I don't deny "climate change " is happening. yesterday it was sunny , kinda warm , and no precip on the ground. today, it is cold as heck , about 6 inches of snow on the ground, and cloudy. so yes, the climate changed. its been doing that since i've been alive. seen all kinds of " climate change ", even remember the blizzrd of 1977- '78. so , i guess we need to be taxed for mother nature doing her job.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Then why did you post?

Searching for stars?

If thats what you want- Ill give ya one out of pity.

You do realize this is a conversation board right? If you dont want to defend your position- then stop running your fingers.

- On topic- Its CNN. They are the kings at faking and Omitting news stories.

edit- stop
edit on 2-1-2014 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Not being willing to debate this topic does not mean I don't want to reach out and bitch-slap ignorance. That was a simple bitch-slap as I have wasted hours posting links to credible sources just to have the denier or believer to stick fingers in their ears and chant lalalalalala.

You can't fix some peoples level of stupidity, but you can bitch-slap them.
Slap them enough and just maybe they will wake up....

Oh and I will be searching for flags when stars when I can sell them, buy something with them etc etc. The last thing I give a crap about is brownie points that mean and do nothing.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Mamatus because: added content.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Well- Im sorry to be the one to inform you but- people are not always going to agree.

You know how many times I have posted facts about certain things in the political forum, then when I do, they just increase their level of ignorance?

This is a debate forum- expect a debate when someone brings up serious issues.

Calling people names really doesnt help improve the conversation- but it happens all the time because a lot of people are too emotionaly attatched to things, instead of trying to look at it in a neutral manner.

Or in Al Gores case- theres just too much damn money involved to look at things from the other side.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

It's not just CNN

There was only one news story out of 41 that mentioned climate change. That was CBS “This Morning” Dec. 30. “Despite being frozen at a standstill, the team’s research on climate change and Antarctic wildlife is moving forward,” CBS News Correspondent Don Dahler said. That night, all three evening news programs still failed to make any mention of the group’s climate change research.

Frozen Out: 98% of Stories Ignore That Ice-bound Ship Was On Global Warming Mission

newsbusters.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Okay, I searched for information on this rescue in several forums. I also did multiple searches and found nothing....so I'm going to be rather annoyed if this ends up being a duplicate. However, I thought it was too funny to let it pass...

Trust me, I feel ya here on the 'search' function thingy, you're not alone.....ugh!!

One poster told me to Google the title also, to make sure a link for ATS didn't show up...guess what?
My thread got closed due to it being duplicate, yet nothing showed up for me when searching
Actually, it's more like about 3 threads now.
I'm almost leery of posting another thread.....but I will, after searching of course
*shakes head*

ON TOPIC:
Yes, I noticed how the CNN/MSM has conveniently let it slide by about the actual purpose of the ship being there without any mention of Global Warming

And many don't dispute Climate Change--which is a natural process of Mother Nature that has happened for millions of years and will continue for millions more--
But what Global Warming groups have done is commercialize the changing of Earth process to line their pockets with all this Green taxes and regulations, not to mention products $$$$$$$$$

When Wikileaks released all those documents a few years back, it caught the attention of many, it was labeled 'Climategate'
In November of 2009 thousands of controversial emails and documents were leaked from the University of East Anglia’s Climatic Research Unit, the Climate Research Unit Email Controversy, dubbed Climategate by the media. The documents revealed misconduct within the climate science community. Approximately 3000 documents from 1996 until 2009 pertaining to climate change research were exposed.
Since then, many people claim that global warming is the biggest hoax in the science community

Damn, can't even trust scientists any more, much less politicians
Ever since then, I no longer support GW
But I do believe in the natural process of Climate Change

edit on 2-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Argh sucked in again.

snarky412
But what Global Warming groups have done is commercialize the changing of Earth process to line their pockets with all this Green taxes and regulations, not to mention products $$$$$$$$$

Having attended the Governors conference on Climate Change (as a delegate) and seeing the money involved I had to ask my uncle what gives. Simply put, In this highly political world big things like climate solutions will only happen quickly if people can profit from doing it.

PROFIT! Yup that dirty word. However the very people/corporations that made a mess of things for profit can also be made to do the right thing, but only if it's profitable.

Sorry man money makes the world go around. Always has and IMO always will.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Sorry man money makes the world go around. Always has and IMO always will.

Just like Climate Change. Always has and always will.

Simply put, In this highly political world big things like climate solutions will only happen quickly if people can profit from doing it.

See, this here is the problem.
No man nor any amount of money is going to stop the on going process of the Earth's changes
Hence, no solutions
Yeah, we can make air quality better to breath, but not stop changes that would come naturally to Mother Earth

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Face palming myself right about now....... Nope I won't debate climate change or some of it's causes with you. Have a nice night.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Climate change may be valid, it may not be.

But the media (that is the thrust of this thread) is making that determination for you.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

It is the mainstream media. What do we expect? They have an agenda to fulfill. It doesn't matter what the subject is, either. Be it "Global Warming" or the rigged polls, these people know what they are doing and who pays attention to it. For anyone to actually sit down and watch the "news" to further their knowledge on any given subject is a fool. We even have documented proof that the 3 letter agencies all corroborate with these news stations to tell the masses what they want them to hear.

Is our planet going through changes? Most certainly.

Do we need to stop all these corporations from dumping toxic chemicals into our atmosphere? Absolutely! Will it affect the air we breathe? It already has but so has every volcanic eruption since Earths beginning. The Earth goes through cycles and we all know that. It doesn't mean that we are the root cause and should pay the price. Especially when politicians get involved.

Did all this pollution change our global climate? Well, all these problems sure aren't helping the cause. That is a fact. But until all you "global warming" people give up your plastic toys, LCD TV's, rubber tires, gasoline, crude oil consumption, basically everything that is the product of these corporations that pump out the pollution you say is changing the Earth...stop bitching about it.

Taxing a nation and it's people does not help! The answer is so simple that people refuse to believe it because God forbid they have to give up their luxurious lifestyles in order to help the cause.

You want technology and modern conveniences? Pollution is the byproduct.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Mamatus
reply to post by snarky412

Face palming myself right about now....... Nope I won't debate climate change or some of it's causes with you. Have a nice night.

See, the same can be said about you...
Here's to a double face palm

I'm not sure what you're upset with me about
So clearly it's hard to debate when the point is not clear

For me, I don't believe in Global Warming and I don't like TPTB using that as a scare tactic to control people and profit from.

Yet, I remember from grade school in science class the teachers talking about what would now be called Climate Change but it was referred to the evolution of Earth changes back then
I'm nearly 50 now and Mother Nature has always thrown curve balls at the world, long before Al Gore came along.

What Wikileaks did was open the door to the truth behind the hoax of GW
Kinda what Snowden has done to the NSA

A good book to read is State of Fear, by Michael Crichton
A book of fiction yes, but it shows how governments need to keep their people in a state of fear
People that are afraid are a lot easier to control

Much respect~
snarky

------------

reply to post by havok

Is our planet going through changes? Most certainly.

Do we need to stop all these corporations from dumping toxic chemicals into our atmosphere? Absolutely! Will it affect the air we breathe? It already has but so has every volcanic eruption since Earths beginning. The Earth goes through cycles and we all know that. It doesn't mean that we are the root cause and should pay the price. Especially when politicians get involved.

Did all this pollution change our global climate? Well, all these problems sure aren't helping the cause. That is a fact. But until all you "global warming" people give up your plastic toys, LCD TV's, rubber tires, gasoline, crude oil consumption, basically everything that is the product of these corporations that pump out the pollution you say is changing the Earth...stop bitching about it.

Taxing a nation and it's people does not help! The answer is so simple that people refuse to believe it because God forbid they have to give up their luxurious lifestyles in order to help the cause.

You want technology and modern conveniences? Pollution is the byproduct.

Bravo.....what he said^^^^^^^^

So true about the technology and modern conveniences , good point

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

You can't fix some peoples level of stupidity...

i agree with U and feel sorry for U. please awake up xx

i like to post this for You to help You a bit...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I don't argue that Climate Change isn't happening or that even at some point, the globe was Warming.

What I argue, is that we humans are the cause of it.
God knows (phrase, no inferred religious belief) how much we have polluted our environment and brought it to destruction.
But I can guarantee that this is part of the life cycle of this planet, even this solar system.

IIRC, there was a report made a while back how the other planets in the solar system are going through a similar climate change.

Let's also tack on the fact that scientists are saying that our Sun has entered the coolest period on record.
Meaning that less Solar Radiation will reach us, and therefor our planet should actually start to get cooler instead of warmer.

.: ETA :.
Perhaps they should create a 'Solar Absorption Tax' next since the 'Carbon Tax' worked so well.
You know... Tax people based on how long they are outside and absorbing that much needed heat?
Had to do it for the funz.
edit on 2/1/2014 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

I starred your post... Mainly for the second half of it. Was all set to give you a nice applause.

Then I saw your t-shirt.

This is where I need the little emoticon that smacks his head against a brick wall....

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Forty out of 41 news outlets; that is nearly 100% participating in this
cover up, misleading headlines and all.

Forty out of 41 stories (97.5 percent) on the network morning and evening news shows since Dec. 25 failed to mention climate change had anything to do with the expedition.

In fact, rather than point out the mission was to find evidence of climate change, the networks often referred to the stranded people as “passengers,” “trackers” and even “tourists,” without a word about climate change or global warming.
newsbusters.org...

Now if I were to be looking for proof of a conspiracy, this would be it.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Haha the global warming crew failed and needed rescue from stuck in ice that wouldnt move and 2 ice cutters have failed to cut through and get to the ship...

Egg on their face... Ice isn't melting its getting thicker and growing.

Plus this is the coldest winter on record and lowest temperatures with largest ice pack reaching south down past Bering Sea and dutch harbor.

Earth climate is cyclical, just as our sun has went through a high activity period its now beginning to enter its low activity cycle

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join