It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan bans ‘WAR SUX’ license plate for the ‘emotional wellbeing of youth’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So..

“[M]any young children of reading age ride in vehicles and are unwillingly exposed to license plates on other vehicles,” the motion to dismiss said. “They sometimes amuse themselves by reading or playing games with license plates. And because vehicles often travel in residential neighborhoods, youth may be exposed to license plates from their yards or driveways.”

The document went on to note that courts often allowed “the physical and emotional wellbeing of youth” to trump free speech rights protected by the First Amendment.

DeVarti, however, said it was “ridiculous” that anyone could be offended by the plate.

“I feel like this is a statement of who I am,” he explained, “and, at the same time, I think that it’s a positive message that we should be conveying of, hey, war is a bad idea, and we should do everything we can to avoid it.”

Michigan has determined that a pro war message, is better than an anti-war message, for the purpose of children and their emotional well being.

Source

I don't know if any of these people understand the world today and realities of things. But there's more proof that your Constitutional Rights can be waived for anybody's hurt feelings.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That sucks!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Some one should get a licence plate that say KIL PPL and see if that causes an uprising

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

DocScurlock

Some one should get a licence plate that say KIL PPL and see if that causes an uprising

nah I'm sure they'd be just fine with that.

The list of unique plates and their contents would shock you honestly. War Sux is def on the lower end of the offensive scale.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Its offensive to the machine that tricks young people into signing up to be cannon fodder in a faraway land at the whim and pleasure of corporations. If you're taught from childhood that war sux, you might not get fooled as a teenager into dying for a fake "cause" like "freedom".
edit on 2-1-2014 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Note to self: Screw Michigan.

-Peace-

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Umm. . . . . . war does suck.

"I confess, without shame, that I am sick and tired of fighting — its glory is all moonshine; even success the most brilliant is over dead and mangled bodies, with the anguish and lamentations of distant families, appealing to me for sons, husbands, and fathers ... it is only those who have never heard a shot, never heard the shriek and groans of the wounded and lacerated ... that cry aloud for more blood, more vengeance, more desolation."

"War is Hell."

Both quotes by William Tecumseh Sherman.

top topics

join