It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duck Dynasty Family Launches Gun Line

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Asktheanimals

Zeppp
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Of course calling people hillbillies is totally civil?

'Tis a fine that sometimes divides what is insulting from that which isn't.
Saying Hillbillies as a group is ok, calling a person one - not so much.
It sounds like you have a good sense of judgment, just post as you would speak to someone in person and you should be fine.

We try to discourage disrespect and anti-social behavior of any kind.
If someone has offended you please feel free to use the complaint feature.
We depend on our members to alert us to issues since staff doesn't have time to read each and every post.
Given the number of members and posts daily it's a pretty good system.

If anything is unclear about the rules please refer to Terms and Conditions - once you get past the legalese you'll see what our policies are. No gore, pr0n, profanity, selling stuff, soliciting personal information, etc., etc.

If anything is unclear please contact any staff member through private message (the tab that looks like an envelope), we're here to help with any issue you may have. The PM feature may not show unless you hit the circle with the V just above the facebook tab, that will bring up access to your account information, etc.

ATA

Really? So if I want to insult a group of blacks and call them all ni&&ers that is okay, but I cannot insult one black and call them a ni&&er. To me calling a white southerner a redneck is akin to calling a black the "N" word.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I know you are for gay marriage Flyersfan, I thought you would of really disliked
duck dynasty because of all the drama that happened, and one of them stating their
beliefs about gay people.. It is refreshing to see you stand up for one persons right
to say what they believe, even if you disagree. RIGHT ON.
This new gun line will have a cult like following. There are A LOT of people
who respect these guys and will buy what they put out.. Let just wait and see
how good these guns are..

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
My 9 YO grandson has a bunch of DD stuff - help!

Well ... my only consoling words to you are ... it could be worse. He could be into Honey Boo-Boo or The Kardashians. My pecking order for the worst of the popular 'reality' TV shows...

10 - Ghost Hunters. (I used to like this show until I saw how it's faked)
9 - Hoarders
8 - Trading Spouses/Sister Wives (tie)
7 - Biggest Loser
6 - Dance Moms (self absorbed idiots)
5 - Toddlers and Tiaras (talk about CREEPY!)
4 - The Bachelor/Bachelorette (tie)
3 - The Kardashians (oh don't get me started!!)
2 - Honey Boo-Boo
1 - Jersey Shore/Punk'd (tie)

There are tons of others but these are the more popular ones and I put them in order of how bad they are ... IMHO. List of Reality TV Shows

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

I totally disagree with what he said. But the fact is he was in an interview and he was asked the question, and he gave an honest answer. It was a fully loaded question that the interviewer already knew the answer to. The outrage was fake. And A&E stepped in it.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Zeppp

Asktheanimals

Zeppp

It sounds like you have a good sense of judgment, just post as you would speak to someone in person and you should be fine.

We depend on our members to alert us to issues since staff doesn't have time to read each and every post.

If anything is unclear about the rules please refer to Terms and Conditions - once you get past the legalese you'll see what our policies are. No gore, pr0n, profanity, selling stuff, soliciting personal information, etc., etc.

If anything is unclear please contact any staff member through private message (the tab that looks like an envelope), we're here to help with any issue you may have. The PM feature may not show unless you hit the circle with the V just above the facebook tab, that will bring up access to your account information, etc.

ATA

Really? So if I want to insult a group of blacks and call them all ni&&ers that is okay, but I cannot insult one black and call them a ni&&er. To me calling a white southerner a redneck is akin to calling a black the "N" word.

Wow....let it go. I apologized.

I live in Phoenix if you called me a 'desert rat' I couldn't care less.

If you're a hillybilly then accept it.

(If you walk like a duck and quack like a duck.)

edit on 2-1-2014 by justreleased because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

justreleased

Zeppp

Asktheanimals

Zeppp

ATA

I wasn't even talking to you in the last two post I was talking to the moderator.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Zeppp

justreleased

Zeppp

Asktheanimals

Zeppp

ATA

I wasn't even talking to you in the last two post I was talking to the moderator.

I know but I made the comment and it's a public forum.

Take care.

(post by Zeppp removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

FlyersFan
Well ... my only consoling words to you are ... it could be worse. He could be into Honey Boo-Boo or The Kardashians.

You know... I HATE the ads for Honey Boo-boo. Almost as much as I hate the Duck Dynasty's Olsen-twin-like penetration of the marketplace with sheets, videos, pajamas, underwear and bobble-heads! LOL But I don't think any one reality show is better than any other. They just appeal to different people.

I LOVE the Biggest Loser! It's one of my favorite shows. Very motivating and inspirational. And I must admit, there are some others that I really enjoy. I tried to watch DD last week sometime. I made it about 30 seconds. LOL

But good luck to them in their enterprises. They deserve the new Amerikan Dream as much as anyone else.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Zeppp

justreleased

roadgravel
Just a way for a few people to make money off silliness. Just saw some peanut butter cups wrapped in DD logo.

LOL.

I have never watched the show. I've heard of it, who hasn't, but I have better things to do with my time than watch a bunch of millionaire hillbillies.

Like sit around on a dopey, tin foil hat conspiracy site and make silly remarks?

At least with the conspiracy site you are using your brain. Something that isn't required for DD.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Asktheanimals
My 9 YO grandson has a bunch of DD stuff - help!

Well ... my only consoling words to you are ... it could be worse. He could be into Honey Boo-Boo or The Kardashians. My pecking order for the worst of the popular 'reality' TV shows...

10 - Ghost Hunters. (I used to like this show until I saw how it's faked)
9 - Hoarders
8 - Trading Spouses/Sister Wives (tie)
7 - Biggest Loser
6 - Dance Moms (self absorbed idiots)
5 - Toddlers and Tiaras (talk about CREEPY!)
4 - The Bachelor/Bachelorette (tie)
3 - The Kardashians (oh don't get me started!!)
2 - Honey Boo-Boo
1 - Jersey Shore/Punk'd (tie)

There are tons of others but these are the more popular ones and I put them in order of how bad they are ... IMHO. List of Reality TV Shows

Thank you for showing why I hardly ever watch television anymore. With the exception of The Big Bang Theory I rarely turn the tv on.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So whaterver, this is similar to many other "product" lines celebrities launch, only not really that ambitious because just like Bear Gryll's stuff (BG logo knife or Gerber knife, exactly the same) you can get the exact same shotgun/handgun/etc without the DD logo. They aren't designing anything, just slapping some paint and a name on it. I guess one would have to be a serious fan to go for that because you gotta know that others are gonna judge...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I hope they all burn in hell, fake christians.

Oh jesus this, jesus that. JESUS HIMSELF SAID THAT RICH MEN WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD(heaven).

I wonder how they interpret that one, when they make upwards of $200k an episode.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I just discoverd "ultimate survival alaska" and am totally into it - reality tv has got to be ok in small doeses, no? just like anything else that isn't supposed to be good for you... Lol

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Benevolent Heretic
I tried to watch DD last week sometime. I made it about 30 seconds.

My husband and I turned it on for the first time a few days ago to see what all the fuss was about. The Duck Family were putting an old camper up in a tree as a hunting 'duck blind' or something. It was obvious that the show was scripted, or at least heavily edited. I didn't see the draw for people.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Surprised they haven't done this before. I'm not surprised that they would launch a gun line (you would be hard pressed to find a outdoors-loving rural southerner that's anti-gun), just at the fact that they haven't done it until now, especially since they like to put their name on anything that you can sell, as if they're trying to break some sort of world record for it.

On a somewhat related note, I watched an episode of Duck Dynasty just to see what it was all about. It just came off as so scripted, like something you would see in a sitcom.
edit on 3-1-2014 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

Duck Dynasty = Beverly Hillbillies rebooted that is all.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I am from NZ so please forgive my ignorance.

So a company that famously sells whistles is now going to sell shotguns ?

Does anyone but me see this as an accident waiting to happen ?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
These people aren't even hillbillies, they're actors.

Lol go look at the photos of these clowns before they got the show, they're a bunch of yuppies!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join