It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think your "God" does not make it's existence obvious or communicate in an obvious man

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Xeven
Why do you think your "God" does not make it's existence obvious or communicate in an obvious manner?
Now I know some of you are going to say oh he does make his existence known and he does communicate and well I am not talking about some vague bible writings written thousands of year ago. I am talking about just plain ole hello there type talking.

Why does your god not reveal himself? Testing your faith? Why would he do that if he created you he knows the lengths of your faith.

So now that this is clear what gives? Why is god so secretive? Why is our only salvation written on some scrolls created by uneducated men 1000's of years ago?

Would be easy for everyone to believe if God would just say hello.

God could save everyone with a simple hello.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

God says hello everyday, but yet you don't listen nor do you respond. God says hello in a form of that Squirrel or Bird in the trees. God says hello in the form of your best friend or that stranger at Wal-Mart. God says hello when that beautiful flower blossoms in the spring, or that ripe fruit you just ate. Look within yourself and merge with all that is on Earth and the Universe, and there you will find God. What is of the Physical is Physical, what is of Spirit is Spirit. God is Spirit so you must communicate with Him in Spirit, which is within your consciousness, not with your normal eyes and ears. When you do follow the Path of the Spirit, then you will come to God. He is waiting for you.

edit on 1/4/2014 by ctophil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

drivers1492
reply to post by noeltrotsky

How do you come to that conclusion? Do you believe that Adam didn't have free will, or Moses, or any of the figures in the bible that state they talked with God and knew him. I don't understand your conclusion here if you believe these people had free will.

I asked someone else this same question earlier and haven't had a response so please if anyone has this stance and would like to help me understand I would appreciate it.

We don't know because we have not experienced it. True knowledge can only come from experience because we must experience something to understand it and to understand is to know.

As far as the distant past is concerned we only know what other men wrote. Their writing is their point of view and "their" experience.

With that said, one can accept or reject the bible or any other writing. One can accept, reject, or be neutral of any thought, feeling, or action. We do it every day of our lives. We make choices and that is what free will is - making choices and decisions.

Someone could hold a gun to your head and demand money or they will kill you. You may think this an exception because you feel you have no choice but to save your life. You believe the situation is out of your control and have no choice. You are being forced to comply yet nothing is stopping you to say no. No one else can make the decision for you. If you give the robber your money and he runs away you made the decision to simply accept the actions. If you do not fear death you say no and you are shot dead, you made the choice and that can not be taken away from you. You still controlled your own desitiny by rejecting the robber. In either case you were responsible for your own actions because you accepted the consequences.

The ablity to make choices and descisions is evidence of ones own free will.

Now of course this is all (posts on this board) just a philosphy. That is until someone chooses to accept a particular view point. That view can not be forced - only accepted.
edit on 4-1-2014 by joer4x4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I believe that our souls choose to be born into this world to experience specific situations in order to help the soul to grow. Maybe to experience the distance from the Source? Complete our soul purposes on earth then join the Source and become a part of the conscious Universe? An opinion created from my own experiences. Who knows until we get there?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

None have right to tell you what to believe but those of us wanting real answers have a right to ask questions.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

SO basically I become my own god through my mind rather than anything real. Ok...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonstar24

I certainly appreciate a personal spiritual existence that goes beyond the unreality that is in the various scriptures and believe if their is a right track that your on it.

Believe it or not your way of seeing things would be blasphemy in many Christian religions.
edit on 4-1-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by yeahright

So you think that this god in all of his infinite power who claims to love us unquestionably (as long as we don't irk two emotions that he has that are considered sins when humans have them, jealousy and wrath) would reveal himself to one or two people in a small area of the world in order to spread the truth about him, then proceed to punish everyone who didn't listen makes sense? Because that sounds like the most illogical and half-assed way to spread something like that. If I was a godly being (especially a jealous one), I'd be telling as many subjects of mine as possible as often as possible about my existence and all that other holy stuff. For a being that allegedly created the ENTIRE universe in all of its vastness and complexity, it sounds like he didn't even put in half an effort to let his prize creation (humans) know about him. But man he didn't hesitate in the old days to lay waste to large populations of people if they deviated from this truth.

This is because that all powerful person wasn't very powerful until he INITIATED himself into Wisdom and soon his own intuition started to flow relentlessly and without holding it back. All that the one God-human incarnate does is follow his heart, which powers his mind. It is said that we have proof of existence up till Jesus was 12, and then again up to a time a little before his crucifixion around the age of what...21?
If you think in terms of the activation of Pineal D_M_T at 33 days into being conceived, you have the awakening of the human. This activation of pineal d_m_t continues until crowned where a soft spot on the head of a child lies. This soft spot is where the vortex energy flows into fruition inside of the mind of the one powered by the heart. It calcifies finally after around the age of 12 if not sped up by environmental toxins and the pineal stops vibrating at the age of 12, replaced by the vibration of the pituitary.

the pituitary, which produces the hormones that make us more HUMAN, hinders the human being's ability to use intuition, as these hormones make the human more of a physical being.
As we learn to control these physical urges, which I call the sins of man, the chakras at and below the belt line, then we learn how to use our intuition to speak from the heart and power the mind.
not use the mind to power the heart.
we are in an age of disillusion, one that says intellect tops intuition.

Jesus went away at the age of 12 and came back around the age of 18, when he realized that his pineal gland was activated again and he had went through the process of maturation to fully grasp what his dispensation was as a spiritual being on the material plane.

Jesus understood, just as all others that have been deified in history, that he is but a Regent for the Spirit or Planetary Consciousness. An ascended master of space and time, such that as Thoth - the one who realized he could be immortal by transcending space and time through birth and death.

- MATREYIX

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well, my god communicates in a straightforward and obvious manner. He wants a warm place to sleep, burnt offerings, libations, pocket money and is terrible when he doesn't get what he wants.

My god goes by "Dave" and dwells primarily upon my couch. He has told me he is "god" and since he beat me badly when his assertion was questioned, I ceased all skeptical inquiry.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

IF God talks to you in a mental hospital, they say its a delusion.

If God talks to you in a church, they say its a miracle.

Always thought that was kind of funny.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by joer4x4

I understand what your saying but my reply you quoted is in response to this statement.

You can't really be 'free' if some all powerful, all knowing person is directly talking to you, telling you how it is. You're logically forced to believe what he says...and do what he tells you to do. Thus having Free Will fully requires a silent God.

If the above is true and the bible stories are not in error I was questioning how the statement remains true. For example, Adam, according to the bible hung out in the garden and chatted with god. So why would he have been able to have the ability to eat the fruit. I have no issue that we always have a choice no matter what.

However as soon as he 'proves' himself in an absolute way then you have lost your free will to follow or not.

Thats what I was questioning since we know these guys knew god according to the bible. He told them, hey I am the one true god. So do you think those folks mentioned that knew lost their free will?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by spartacus699

we have free will now. If he showed up then it would remove our free will.

How, exactly? How does showing up and saying "Hi!" and buying me a coffee remove my free will? Last time I checked, that's called manning the **** up and taking credit for your actions. I tell you to get the hell out of my life, that's when you turn around and walk away. That's when you respect my free will. But at least you can say you tried.

I don't see any god trying.
edit on 3-1-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

watch the end scene of that new hobit movie that came out. Watch the way the dragon talks. Now magnify that by a million times stronger. You wouldn't talk to him, you wouldn't look at him, you wouldn't think, you wouldn't breath, you be lucky if you could fall on your face and you'd be frozen. It would be like seeing that dragon in the movie. You wouldn't be in any state to discuss anything. You're free will would be irreparably shattered. Eventually everyone will meet him though. That's the interesting thing. Eventually you will meet him face to face. Better to start some dialog now, later might be too late.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I believe he does communicate with us but not in the 'physical' manner in which you describe. (Outside of His Angels manifesting in whatever form need be to tell us something.)
I don't believe this physical/carbon based lifeform is purely for our material sensory pleasure (though I also believe we exist within at least 3 planes of dimensions/existence) .
I believe this this life is for the development of our Soul. (Kinda like primary, secondary and tertiary education. Reincarnation.)
***WARNING: This Life is a test! It is only a test. If this had been an actual Life, you would have received Divine instruction on how to proceed!!***

Who/What GOD is- is inconceivable to us until we are truly or fully Enlightened (but then at that point, you've graduated and not asking any more questions!).
GOD's greatest gift (or greatest curse!) to us is Free Will. Free Will may determine what your physical body will do but it is also a characteristic or part of your conscience that seeks a 'deeper' or 'higher' fulfillment. (Something not felt with our 5 basic senses.) We get so caught up in "I know what's best for ME!" that we can't see that there IS something better- something we couldn't imagine because of our lack of omniscience. (The "Blessing in disguise"- I'm in the middle of a 'family disaster'/'blessing in disguise' situation right now.)
Seek and ye shall find. (Not with your eyes and ears but with your 'heart' and your 'mind's eye'- fulfill your soul with not of the pleasures of the flesh)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

drivers1492

However as soon as he 'proves' himself in an absolute way then you have lost your free will to follow or not.

Thats what I was questioning since we know these guys knew god according to the bible. He told them, hey I am the one true god. So do you think those folks mentioned that knew lost their free will?

Personally I think those folks mentioned choose to believe that voice, person talking was in fact the one God. They could choose to think he is a crazy lunatic with a few good tricks, but they choose to accept him as God. Thus they kept their free will. Its more complicated of course, because if a God had all power he could easily allow the illusion of free will but still know what you are going to choose beforehand. He could easily shape your life events to ensure your decision in any situation is what he wants it to be.

So belief in Free Will and an all powerful God requires another belief...that God in fact respects free will.
Just my thoughts thou
edit on 4-1-2014 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

JustSomeGuy1974
reply to post by Xeven

maybe it has something to do with this:

but then, just between us girls, what do does IAMS know?

I just noticed this because of your post, but look at exactly 1 min and 8 seconds.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1tzURKYFNs#t=1m08s"

Maybe its just late and I am seeing things?

I can't help but notice her pupils.

And in response to the OP God does not directly communicate with us in my opinion because he has given us free will. If you new that god existed with out a doubt and clearly new 100% what he wanted of you would that no sway your will and influence you to do what he wanted all the time? He doesn't interact because his biggest gift to us is this realm (universe) and a reality that is decided by our wills, not his.

edit on 5-1-2014 by DoUTrustTheLight because: Fix the links and add my thoughts on OP

edit on 5-1-2014 by DoUTrustTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Look I don't know if their is bigfoot but I believe it is possible. If I see one I would then believe but not lose my free will. Why does god require a leap of faith when the consequence of not making that leap is eternal torment if indeed he is a loving, caring and forgiving god?

If I were god I would let everyone know the truth. I would forgive all humans and correct the mistakes I made in those who went really bad or mentally ill. Does that mean I am more compassionate than your god? Are we just toys to your God?

edit on 5-1-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Xeven
Look I don't know if their is bigfoot but I believe it is possible. If I see one I would then believe but not lose my free will.

Bigfoot is NOT all powerful, all knowing, etc. If the one GOD talked to you and proved to you without a doubt he knows all, creates all then of course you would believe he is GOD. If he proves it to you beyond doubt then you have lost your free will to accept him as God.

Xeven
Why does god require a leap of faith when the consequence of not making that leap is eternal torment if indeed he is a loving, caring and forgiving god?

God doesn't require anything, you can believe him or not as you like. You have free will and the consequences of your decisions are yours. If God stopped you from making a choice that would be difficult for you then he would be taking away your free will. God can love and care for you a great deal but still watch you suffer and do nothing. Why...because you have free will and he wont change your choices.

Xeven
If I were god I would let everyone know the truth. I would forgive all humans and correct the mistakes I made in those who went really bad or mentally ill. Does that mean I am more compassionate than your god? Are we just toys to your God?

If you were god you would remove everyone's free will then. You would tell me what to believe, fix all the mistakes humans make (not made by God by the way, he is perfect remember). You would choose compassion over free will as God.

Personally I prefer my free will over your compassion, but that's just me.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by matreyix

What the heck? This doesn't address ANY of the points I made in that post you quoted. None of what you said answers the question why the Aztecs or the Chinese or the Mongols or any other group of people besides the Jews weren't made aware of God. But I'll address some of your points I guess...

matreyix
This is because that all powerful person wasn't very powerful until he INITIATED himself into Wisdom and soon his own intuition started to flow relentlessly and without holding it back. All that the one God-human incarnate does is follow his heart, which powers his mind. It is said that we have proof of existence up till Jesus was 12, and then again up to a time a little before his crucifixion around the age of what...21?
If you think in terms of the activation of Pineal D_M_T at 33 days into being conceived, you have the awakening of the human. This activation of pineal d_m_t continues until crowned where a soft spot on the head of a child lies. This soft spot is where the vortex energy flows into fruition inside of the mind of the one powered by the heart. It calcifies finally after around the age of 12 if not sped up by environmental toxins and the pineal stops vibrating at the age of 12, replaced by the vibration of the pituitary.

As it has been awhile since I was a practicing Catholic, I'm a little outdated on my Jesus mythology, but Jesus was crucified at the age of 33 and did most of his preaching starting from age 30. There is a good 20 some years of Jesus' life that is unaccounted for in the bible (I think it is highly possible that he was studying Buddhism which doesn't jive with the RCC so it's no surprise they left out that part of his life).

The rest of what you said is made up psuedo-science based on a naturally occurring drug in our bodies that makes us trip immensely for a few minutes.

the pituitary, which produces the hormones that make us more HUMAN, hinders the human being's ability to use intuition, as these hormones make the human more of a physical being.
As we learn to control these physical urges, which I call the sins of man, the chakras at and below the belt line, then we learn how to use our intuition to speak from the heart and power the mind.
not use the mind to power the heart.
we are in an age of disillusion, one that says intellect tops intuition.

You are saying words, but I'm not sure you know the meaning of them. Humans' intuition isn't inhibited by a malfunctioning pituitary gland.

intuition:
1. direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.
2. a fact, truth, etc., perceived in this way.
3. a keen and quick insight.
4. the quality or ability of having such direct perception or quick insight.
5. Philosophy .
a. an immediate cognition of an object not inferred or determined by a previous cognition of the same object.
b. any object or truth so discerned.
c. pure, untaught, noninferential knowledge.

I use intuition all the time to live my life.

Jesus went away at the age of 12 and came back around the age of 18, when he realized that his pineal gland was activated again and he had went through the process of maturation to fully grasp what his dispensation was as a spiritual being on the material plane.

Jesus understood, just as all others that have been deified in history, that he is but a Regent for the Spirit or Planetary Consciousness. An ascended master of space and time, such that as Thoth - the one who realized he could be immortal by transcending space and time through birth and death.

- MATREYIX

I don't know what any of this even means. Though you may be getting at the Buddhist connection to Jesus I was talking about earlier, I'm not sure. It reads like a bunch of new age babble.
edit on 5-1-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
My God talks to me all the time and I reciprocate. Or do I mean my Dog. Never was good a spelling!

Talking to your dog is fine. We all do it! But talking to your God and vv aint, means you got issues!

Cast away thy crutch and find thyself and reality!

Dog

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

RP2SticksOfDynamite
My God talks to me all the time and I reciprocate. Or do I mean my Dog. Never was good a spelling! Talking to your dog is fine. We all do it! But talking to your God and vv aint, means you got issues!Cast away thy crutch and find thyself and reality!Dog

I think the point was to stop throwing the bone for your dog to retrieve. You are an individuated part (spirit/soul) of the larger 'whole' and are supposed to be trying to recognise your role (reason for incarnation) to identify this relationship with what some call god or the creator or for me the ambiguous field of 1s and 0s trying to organise itself into greater forms of awareness of self (you being its principle method). Your dog probably understands this better than you do .

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Xeven
reply to post by ctophil

SO basically I become my own god through my mind rather than anything real. Ok...

No, you are already a 'god' aspect (if you want to use that nomenclature) as you are a partical of it expressing itself through you. You realize its not human at all; but through you can experience itself in this way tiny infantesmal souls of itself that we are. You only might think you are almighty god because your Ego scripts this (which is not real because its fear based). You are gross matter physical; there is no debate there.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join