Why do you think your "God" does not make it's existence obvious or communicate in an obvious man

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

God simply is. As there is only one of Him, I think any divisions are on our end. The question then becomes what He asks of you, and since there is only one God, His message is remarkably similar once you start to see and hear the patterns in many faiths. Not all faith systems are His, but all can hear Him regardless of what faith they profess.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

I remember questioning this in bible school when i was like 7, my teacher never could give me a straight, or intelligent answer.

This is one of the reasons i renounced my faith in Christianity at age 13.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

We have free will and that implies choice. What choice will you have to believe or not when God says hello? The reason for God not revealing himself too apparently is to keep a balance in choice.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

We have free will and that implies choice. What choice will you have to believe or not when God says hello? The reason for God not revealing himself too apparently is to keep a balance in choice.

If God is preserving our free-will and right to choice by not presenting Himself in an undeniable fashion to us, then what right does God have to condemn us to Hell after this life has ended if we chose not to believe in Him?

reply to post by GrimReaper86

Simple answer, think of it this way. Can your red blood cells communicate directly with you, can they hold a conversation. Think of God as if it were you and imagine you're a red blood cell in the body of god. You have a body, you live, and even have sub-structures that make you up. Now, as a red blood cell try to imagine talking to the body your inside of. The body has no idea a red blood cell is talking to it any more then God could understand a discussion with us. Sure occasionly someone might windraw blood from the body and look at it under a microscope but even when someone is doing that and they can see the red blood cells trying to "communicate" the red blood cells probably aren't even aware their being observed because they simply die outside of the world they are made to live in and are ill equiped for such observations outside of that world.

Interesting analogy. Except, God has made it abundantly clear that He is familiar with us, and that He can communicate with us if He so desires. At least three of the planet's major world-wide religions supposedly all stem from communication between God and those He chose to directly communicate with.

Whether they were prophets like Moses and Muhammad, or Apostles, like the Twelve who witnessed the miracles of Jesus Christ: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all heavily based on supposed communication between God, His intermediaries, and us.

God's silence cannot be due to a lack of translation, or some kind of communication error, as He spent a good deal our our history supposedly talking directly to us.

reply to post by NthOther

Which god? Mine? Or are you referring to the Christian/Hebrew one?

I'm starting to think Atheists have a more salient conception of what God is than anyone else, ironically. They've created their own exaggerated version of Christianity that's easy to debunk with the arguments they've formulated against their own concept. Some sort of ego-masturbation thing, I guess.

Atheists should try something a little more challenging, like an in-depth debunking of Kashmir Shaivism.

I believe the title of the thread very plainly says "your God," implying the reader's specific deity. The reality is: all of them are silent. I believe the Buddha put it best in the Tevigatta Sutra (extremely paraphrased below):

Vasettha replied: "Various Brahmans, Gotama, teach various paths to union with Brahma: is one true and another false, or are they all saving paths? Are they all paths which will lead one who acts according to them into a state of union with Brahma? Is it like the different roads that come into a village and that all meet in the center?"

The Blessed One replied: "Vasettha, do you think that all these various paths lead aright?"

"I think so, Gotama."

"But then, Vasettha, is there a single one of the Brahmans, versed in the Three Vedas, who has ever seen Brahma face-to-face?"

"No, there is not, Gotama."

"Is there than, Vasettha, a single one of the teachers of the Brahmans, versed in the Three Vedas, who has ever seen Brahma face-to-face?"

"How about the pupils of the teachers of the Brahmans, versed in the Three Vedas, Vasettha; is there a single one among them who has ever seen Brahma face-to-face?"

"But, Vasettha, is there a single one of the ancestors of these Brahmans, all the way back to the 7th generation, who has seen Brahma face-to-face?"

"Well then, Vasettha, there are the ancient Rishis of the Brahmans, versed in the Three Vedas; the authors of the verses, the utterers of the verses whose ancient forms of words are still chanted, uttered, or composed by the Brahmans of today, intoning and reciting them, as has been done for ages. Did they ever speak thus, saying: We know it. We have seen it: where Brahma is, whence Brahma came, wither Brahma goes?"

"Not so, Gotama."

"Then you assert, Vasettha, that not one of the Brahmans, nor their teachers, nor their teacher's pupils, nor their ancestors back for 7 generations has ever seen Brahma face-to-face. And that even the Rishis of old, the authors and utterers of the ancient forms of words which the Brahmans of today so carefully intone and recite precisely as they have been handed down; that even they did not pretend to know or to have seen where or whence or wither Brahma is. And yet, Vasettha, these Brahmans pretend that they can show the path to union with that which they have not seen and which they know not, saying: This is the straight path, this is the direct way which leads him, who acts according to it, into a state of union with Brahma. Now, what think you, Vasettha? Does it not follow that, this being so, that the talk of these Brahmans, versed though they may be in the Three Vedas, is foolish talk?"

As the Buddha pointed out: no Brahman, pupil, teacher, ancestor, or Rishi ever claimed to have seen Brahma face-to-face. I think Xeven is making a similar claim: no one has ever had a real discussion with his or her deity.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 2/1/14 by Wandering Scribe because: couple o' spelling errors

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Nope. I just think the Op's phrasing is flawed.

If what you imply in your response is true, there would be no need for this thread with the basic question asked (Im paraphrasing here) "What would it take? And what type of communication...and in a common manner...etc etc.) Common to whom?

All that is him/her wanting a how, what way, and with some kind of mutually agreeable "modus operandi". Thats all the OP and on him/her and what he/she believes and will accept or wont. Then theres no need to ask such a question worded and posed that way. Im referring to that alone.

God can speak to all the world at once, in all languages and dialects by a ton of DIFFERENT means of communication...not some "common manner" that the OP wants explained.

Asking how, when, where, which way and in what kind of "common denominated method and manner" understood by all...that to me only shows it would be something in the ways the OP expects to be communicated in and with. ie: thats how he put it. Read the thread title.

I'd say if he ACCEPTS there IS an all powerful God as I do... that can speak to the issue here and can speak to the world all at once....then the whole thread in pointless. He apparently doesnt... as is suggested by the way he worded the question.

I do understand what the thread is going for...but I'd suggest perhaps a restructuring of the question itself, and how it is asked.

*He asks: "Why do you think your "God" does not make it's existence obvious…" (reply-He DOESN’T already? Says who? Him?)
*He asked again: "Or communicate in an obvious manner…"
(reply-By the OP’s standards? Who says its not obvious to the believer already?)
*Finally, he asks as though Gods not communicating already nor in anything that currently is in a “common manner”.
(reply again…God’s not? By OP’s standards? Or the believers?

And that? Thats MY point.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You know those conversations you have in your head all day long? Who do you think you're talking to? Once you understand that God and You are one and the same, you will see that you are obviously communicating with God every time you talk to another person and/or sit quietly thinking about something. So my suggestion is to be nice to God and wealth of all kinds will be flowing through you always with a surplus. You retain what you give away.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

1. He chose and designed us for a RELATIONSHIP, FRIENDSHIP, DIALOGUE, FELLOWSHIP IN A LOVE RELATIONSHIP.

2. He does NOT WANT robots, nor rice "Christians," nor insincere groveling people pleasers . . . etc.

3. He wants sons . . . including women.

4. Love requires the genuine option to choose NON-LOVE and face the genuine consequences of true choice. Choice without authentic consequences for poor choosing is not a real choice.

5. Heavy handed dramatic communications from Him would obliterate a lot of the above. Folks typically--not 100% always--but typically must CHOOSE HIM and walk in a relationship demonstrating a worthiness for a higher intensity level of communication, dialogue from Him/with Him.

6. His creation speaks loudly enough of Him, His nature, values, character, ways--for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.

7. Many truly have walked in rebellion, defiance, selfishness, hostility toward God for so long, they probably would have a hard time hearing Him even if he spoke to them audibly.

8. It's a little bit like say a billionaire young adult driving a beat-up old pickup and wearing dirty torn jeans on his first date with a prospective wife. He wants to know that she likes him truly for him, vs for his money.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
None really addressing the why god is so hidden from us. Why so secretive with it's identity and realness. Most answers I am reading, could just as easily be fabrications of your own mind either intentionally fabricated to meet your faith or maybe not intentional. My point is that so far all those proscribing that he does talk and let us know he exists are applying self talk and thought to normal reality.

Why is faith always the answer to these questions why does God Cop out when humans need him, ask him to intervene to be a part of reality instead of fabricated thoughts. I was a Christian and I too as a young man thought god spoke to me but I can see that now as just me talking to me and convincing myself it was divine inspired thoughts when well it was not. It was just me.

I too attribute things to miracles but they happen all the time and almost always there is a reasonable explanation and it was not a miracle.

Why did the little Catholic girls have to hide and be secretive with the "Secrets of Fatima"? did I get that right?

Did God maybe just abandon us? How do you know one way or another?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

If God wanted you to know why you are here you would have been born with that knowledge.

You knew nothing when you were born.

You were handed the answer on a platter, you just didn't recognize it.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

borntowatch

Only one thing is not: they cannot force you to love them. This fact may help explain why God sometimes seems shy to use his power. He created us to love him, but his most impressive displays of miracle—the kind we may secretly long for—do nothing to foster that love.

Best excuse for god.... ever! He makes us do the 'faith' thing to show he/her/it cares.

So to show him/her/it-self would be to hate us!

Finally after all this time, the answer is here!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

dominicus

Instead, God is the Infinite Beingness and Source of ll consciousness, already present everywhere and within everything. Everywhere you look, he is there. You are just tuning into the wrong radio station. You're on A.M.

Ohhhh Boy! (Nuclear Face palm!)
How could god be already present everywhere and within everything and yet be in only certain spots where we are not looking, but not be where we look?

He says hello daily. In each breath, a beautiful sky, a slight breeze in the summer, a smile from a stranger, a good meal, awakening to a new day in the morning...all of that is Him.

'sigh!' (Slaps own head)
To think I was looking behind the couch!
Finally! proof revealed!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Treespeaker
reply to post by Xeven

I like to use the analogy that God is a great body and each of us is just a tiny cell within said structure.

In this framework how would a cell know communication with the host?

Incidentally this would mean the death of everything would be when God dies...which would be an un calculable number from our perspective, and it would mean God was a cell of a much larger creature as well by logical reasoning in this premise.

Part of this metal path has led me to many new ideas, it can be an interesting exercise.

Cheers, good question.

In this case, 'god' is 'Universe'.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

So, if one of these people came across a dangerous situation and their voice in their head said, "RUN!" they assumed they were saved by God.

Apparently it still happens at Bible camp...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Does God exist?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Segenam

From the over 2000+ NDEs ive researched .. while there seems to be many purposes to various lifes .. the common theme, time and time again .. is LOVE !!
always comes down to unconditional love .. and most people who have mety god in these NDEs .. describe him /it, as pure love ..
i appreciate others will not believe in this stuff, or the NDEs .. but they are what they are

NDE's are dreams, emphasis on the word 'near' which means 'not dead'.
If a person is not dead, they have not crossed over, to wherever, if a person does cross over.

I have never heard of a 'A(after)DE'

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Xeven
Why do you think your "God" does not make it's existence obvious or communicate in an obvious manner?
Now I know some of you are going to say oh he does make his existence known and he does communicate and well I am not talking about some vague bible writings written thousands of year ago. I am talking about just plain ole hello there type talking.

Why does your god not reveal himself? Testing your faith? Why would he do that if he created you he knows the lengths of your faith.

So now that this is clear what gives? Why is god so secretive? Why is our only salvation written on some scrolls created by uneducated men 1000's of years ago?

Would be easy for everyone to believe if God would just say hello.

God could save everyone with a simple hello.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

My guess is that god is testing what view you will create as your view of god and if you believe for the self to gain something. And Nanak was only 500 years ago if you speak about the religion Sikhism.

There is not real need for any more religions since meditation and manipulations of consciousness is pretty easy to find if you want it. And the difference between Krishna, Jesus and Buddha is slim to nothing when you really think about their message. It is like making a preference of the color of your cloths.

I was never into religion and never in this life had faith in anything after life until the veil was lifted to "the other side" something said hello. The loving felling you get in your body is nice.

If you want to find and not only have faith then you will if you put effort into it. When the student is ready the master appears as the buddhist say.
edit on 2-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Ahhhhhhhhhhh . . . I see the rot now . . .

There's evidently no or negligible sincere,

much less persistent DESIRE

to KNOW God.

God has declared quite candidly that

THOSE WHO EARNESTLY, GENUINELY, PERSISTENTLY SEEK HIM

SHALL

FIND HIM.

Your post sounds like you are still angry and yelling at God for not constructing the multiverse, reality and YOUR LIFE

according to YOUR prescription and sensibilities.

That will NEVER be a functional route to God.

I see now that you don't seem very interested in finding the answer to your ostensible question.

You merely wanted to yell at God some more.

I'm sure He's very impressed.

He's probably already dispatched a high level angel with a gold telegram and a profuse apology for not running the universe and your life according to your sensibilities and for not communicating with you as you DEMAND.

Impressive./sarc

I've NEVER found any arrogance in my mirror to be a functional assist in communicating with God.

Quite the opposite.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Would it be just for God to save those without faith in him? Would it be just for him to give you faith without you desiring it? Do you refuse to let die that which is unjust? Should God be any different?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Xeven
Why do you think your "God" does not make it's existence obvious or communicate in an obvious manner?
Now I know some of you are going to say oh he does make his existence known and he does communicate and well I am not talking about some vague bible writings written thousands of year ago. I am talking about just plain ole hello there type talking.

Why does your god not reveal himself? Testing your faith? Why would he do that if he created you he knows the lengths of your faith.

So now that this is clear what gives? Why is god so secretive? Why is our only salvation written on some scrolls created by uneducated men 1000's of years ago?

Would be easy for everyone to believe if God would just say hello.

God could save everyone with a simple hello.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

As you wish Xeven.

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit,
you are hereby cursed with ten points of the Glory of God for two days.

Amen.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I am not a man of religion, my theory of life is based on intelligent design of engineered nature. If there is an ominpotient and omnipresent being in our past, present and future, why would he even want to talk to us smallminded knuckle dragging morons that will take eons to evolve to anywhere near intelligent??? Sorry, but your question is way below lame and you are not the first to ask such a silly question(sugar coated for your protection). Stupid people electing corrupt and backstabbing leaders alone disqualifies us from any contact from anything close to advanced and we have a long way to go from here. Humans kill humans for small peices of paper that has no real value and this shows no value to life. Not all are the same, but we still act like sh**heads as a whole. At our present state as a being, we are less than piss ants to what dropped us on this rock long ago, and we have not evolved to any measurable ammount, therefore, no contact.....learn to cope with that truth, look around you, the reasons are many....

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join