It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think your "God" does not make it's existence obvious or communicate in an obvious man

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Why do you think your "God" does not make it's existence obvious or communicate in an obvious manner?
Now I know some of you are going to say oh he does make his existence known and he does communicate and well I am not talking about some vague bible writings written thousands of year ago. I am talking about just plain ole hello there type talking.

Why does your god not reveal himself? Testing your faith? Why would he do that if he created you he knows the lengths of your faith.

So now that this is clear what gives? Why is god so secretive? Why is our only salvation written on some scrolls created by uneducated men 1000's of years ago?

Would be easy for everyone to believe if God would just say hello.

God could save everyone with a simple hello.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

I always found it strange that according to the Bible God talked to many and they went about changing their ways and spreading the word.

Yet, if someone nowadays claimed that God talked to them, we send them to the nearest institute for mental health issues. Unless of course your name is Bush or Blair.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Well , God does say " Hello " to everybody once they go Visit him You Know Where . I am sure he will also ask how was the Life he has given All of us . was it Worth it ? Do you have Any Regrets ? Then he Will Reveal All that IS if we Choose to Stay there ...........

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
How do you know he hasn't and doesn't?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

I've asked this question many times on ATS and the answer I always get is less than fulfilling. I imagine the case will be the same for your thread.

I mean God should know the acceptable level of evidence required by EVERY person on the planet for them to believe in Him, yet he doesn't even deem it necessary to show to even his most devout followers in this day age. Also your OP can also be extended to ask, why when God was revealing himself to everyone (provided they weren't just ancient schizophrenics) did he only reveal himself to one small group of people in one area of the world? If He wanted everyone to believe in Him, wouldn't it make sense to reveal Himself to everyone at the same time so they can all come to their own conclusions about Him?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

One time. When I was at bible camp. I talked to, (felt),god.

He told me it was "our secret"! What I saw and felt that night was never to be discussed with anyone.

God is strange.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I don't think in terms of a "god" as in an entity in this 3d world

I think of more a creative intelligence

A consciousness that collapsed the first wave into particles

Resulting in the big bang and "hyperexpansion"

It is "dark energy" .

It creates life

That or we live in a multiVerse

Pick your poison

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

maybe it has something to do with this:

but then, just between us girls, what do does IAMS know?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
A long time ago people didn't understand the concept of internal monologue. People aimless wandered around and when they heard a voice in their head, they didn't realize it was their own psyche talking to them. They naturally assumed "God" must have spoken to them. These people also didn't know how to read silently or count silently.

So, if one of these people came across a dangerous situation and their voice in their head said, "RUN!" they assumed they were saved by God.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

ketsuko
How do you know he hasn't and doesn't?

Let's not get hung up on gender. "What we need here, is a little solidarity."

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This goes a long way to a reasonable answer

“Power can do everything but the most important thing: it cannot control love…In a concentration camp, the guards posses almost unlimited power. By applying force, they can make you renounce your God, curse your family, work without pay…kill and then bury your closest friend or even your own mother. All this is within their power. Only one thing is not: they cannot force you to love them. This fact may help explain why God sometimes seems shy to use his power. He created us to love him, but his most impressive displays of miracle—the kind we may secretly long for—do nothing to foster that love. As Douglas John Hall has put it, ‘God’s problem is not that God is not able to do certain things. God’s problem is that God loves. Love complicates the life of God as it complicates every life.’”

godevidence.com...

Sorry its a cut and paste but time constraints

Good question, I hadnt considered it myself so was challenged
edit on 2-1-2014 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Who says He hasnt already? Your'e sayin"....

You: "...it's existence obvious..."
You: "...communicate..."
You: "...obvious manner"

This is funny. Those words and standards are not everyone's.

*You expect existence to be "proven" by some means of your choosing, certainly not necessarily the right one or one that may be anything other than what YOU stated here. What about the rest of the world and theirs? Maybe it already HAS been "proven"?

"Communicate" is a relative word meaning a lot of different things to different people as to what it is, and to what would be a universally accepted method by the entire world of different religions, languages, politics and levels of understanding, comprehension and education.

"Obvious manner?" Would you expect the skies to open up and rays and beams of golden light to stream down as trumpets sound? Whats obvious? You mean to you or the entire planet all at once?
Think about it.

In just this thread title, you have put a lot of preconceived terms to be accepted and "proven"...Maybe the skies will darken and thunder and lightening and wind come down with screaming crowd voices yelling, screaming and crying like in a horror movie "I am your GOD!", not the other way around. You'd have to accept that. But this thread title alone that would make it unacceptable.

Point: I know youre wanting people's individual ideas but there is no universally accepted and comprehended means of understanding, recognition, and method of verification mutual to all persons, races, creeds etc.

1. "existence obvious" -By what standards?
2. "communicate"-By what universally acceptable method?
3. "obvious manner"-Lightning? Trumpets? Video conference? Email?

See my point here? Ill never believe there will be only one way to prove "obvious existence", to "communicate" nor in any "obvious manner(s)" that will apply to all.

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: ck

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

He created us to love him, but his most impressive displays of miracle—the kind we may secretly long for—do nothing to foster that love.

"He created us to love him." Seems a little conceited if you ask me. And by "a little", I mean "a lot".
edit on 2-1-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Xeven
Why is god so secretive?

For the same reason that your own inherent psychic ability is 'secretive'. The sheep-goat effect.

Did you know you and everyone else is psychic? No? Why so secretive with yourself?

"I have always seen parapsychology as the "earthing" of the spiritual. In our experiments we explore the psychic in a very logical, rational, exoteric manner. We assign clearly demonstrable proof ratings to the different variables. In such a manner we have inadvertently confirmed many spiritual teachings, for example that one's attitude or belief about something may actually affect the occurrence of that particular matter.

Faith, it used to be called, although now it is "the sheep-goat effect," was said to be able to move mountains. Jesus spoke quite extensively on the incredible effect of faith, which has now become transmuted into attitude, and the Hindus have a spiritual path centered around faith called Bhakti Yoga. Our modern terms are more applicable to our present society, but underneath the change in terminology the concept lives on." -Serena Roney-Dougal

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It would sort of defeat the purpose for even being here, wouldn't it? Why not just only create beings directly in the spiritual realm knowing and loving God from the get-go?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Your premise is flawed in that God should know EXACTLY how to satisfy the needs of every single person on earth's desire for proof in Him no matter how different each person's criteria for proof is. He should also be able to demonstrate to each person on Earth this proof simultaneously. You know being that God is supposed to be all powerful.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

borntowatch

This goes a long way to a reasonable answer

“Power can do everything but the most important thing: it cannot control love…In a concentration camp, the guards posses almost unlimited power. By applying force, they can make you renounce your God, curse your family, work without pay…kill and then bury your closest friend or even your own mother. All this is within their power. Only one thing is not: they cannot force you to love them. This fact may help explain why God sometimes seems shy to use his power. He created us to love him, but his most impressive displays of miracle—the kind we may secretly long for—do nothing to foster that love. As Douglas John Hall has put it, ‘God’s problem is not that God is not able to do certain things. God’s problem is that God loves. Love complicates the life of God as it complicates every life.’”

godevidence.com...

Sorry its a cut and paste but time constraints

Good question, I hadnt considered it myself so was challenged
edit on 2-1-2014 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

Interesting analogy, but no matter how much power you attribute to the prison guards in a concentration camp, they aren't all powerful like god is supposed to be. They can force other humans to DO just about anything they want, but they cannot defy the laws of physics or any other godly act.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Of course he knows exactly how to do that. The point is, there's a purpose for not.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

So you think that this god in all of his infinite power who claims to love us unquestionably (as long as we don't irk two emotions that he has that are considered sins when humans have them, jealousy and wrath) would reveal himself to one or two people in a small area of the world in order to spread the truth about him, then proceed to punish everyone who didn't listen makes sense? Because that sounds like the most illogical and half-assed way to spread something like that. If I was a godly being (especially a jealous one), I'd be telling as many subjects of mine as possible as often as possible about my existence and all that other holy stuff. For a being that allegedly created the ENTIRE universe in all of its vastness and complexity, it sounds like he didn't even put in half an effort to let his prize creation (humans) know about him. But man he didn't hesitate in the old days to lay waste to large populations of people if they deviated from this truth.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

You think "God" is somehow owned by others (to be "your" "God" )?

Xeven
Why do you think your "God" does not make it's existence obvious or communicate in an obvious manner?

You know how some things known to you are obvious to you, while at the very same time other people do not have your knowledge and so what is obvious to you is not obvious to them.

edit on 2-1-2014 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join