It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel government 'tortures' Palestinian children by keeping them in cages

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Another sickening report from Israel

Israel government 'tortures' Palestinian children by keeping them in cages...

An Israeli human rights organisation has accused the government of torturing Palestinian children after it emerged some were kept in outdoor cages during winter. The Public Committee Against Torture in Israel (PCATI) published a report which claimed children suspected of minor crimes were subjected to “public caging”, threats and acts of sexual violence and military trials without representation.

Now I know there are some people on here who will defend Israel no matter what they do, but this is actually indefensible, in my eyes at least.

They say they want peace, really? this will make Palestinians more peaceful? Torturing their children? It is disgusting, the world really needs to sanction Israel until it becomes a country ruled with decency, they have become the new South Africa, the Nazi party mark 2... It is just disgusting what happens over there and how people rush to defend them and subsidize them, they need to be cut off and left on their own until they can act like decent people, it is ok blaming the government there but the people are responsible for their government...

The country’s Public Defender’s Office (PDO) recently released details of one particularly shocking visit by its lawyers to a detention facility. “During our visit, held during a fierce storm that hit the state, attorneys met detainees who described to them a shocking picture: in the middle of the night dozens of detainees were transferred to the external iron cages built outside the IPS transition facility in Ramla,” the PDO wrote on its website.

The PCATI quoted figures from the campaign group Defence for Children International's Palestine section, saying: “The majority of Palestinian child detainees are charged with throwing stones, and 74 per cent experience physical violence during arrest, transfer or interrogation.” It said Israel was the only country to systematically prosecute children in its military courts, and added that “no Israeli children come into contact with the military court system”.

Off course we will get the excuses on here, just really quite sad...

Link to article

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
well, full circle has nearly been reached israel is so very close in many ways to being like the nazi's

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I've got Israeli citizenship and served my time in the IDF

Whilst I would normally defend Israel and phone some friends to ask about a thread and it's accuracy, there is no way I could condone such treatment of children. I've met some poisonous kids on both sides of the conflict.

But this is truly outrageous.

The Public Committee Against Torture in Israel do some fine work in rooting out this sort of atrocity, may those responsible be brought to justice and fast.

Just my 2 shekels

Cody

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

monkofmimir
well, full circle has nearly been reached israel is so very close in many ways to being like the nazi's

When you read what Israel are doing with African immigrants then they become more and more like the Nazi's

www.roitov.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Just another NORMAL day for Israel

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

The Jews learned well from the Nazis...when Israel says "Never Again" I guess they mean not to them...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
There are two sides to every story.

This story is sick and not acceptable. Same as suicide bombers are sick and not acceptable.

What is the solution? It's easy to find fault or point fingers, try thinking of a way to help.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

justreleased

This story is sick and not acceptable. Same as suicide bombers are sick and not acceptable.

What is the solution? It's easy to find fault or point fingers, try thinking of a way to help.
Awareness is a way to help. The more people that know about these type of savage acts, the less certain countries will be able to get away with it.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Of course you're correct.

I'm just saying that savage acts are carried out by both sides. It's not one sided.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

justreleased

Step 1 : Eliminate denial.

Whilst people in positions of power or influence deny such things happen NOTHING will change.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

justreleased

...really...
The OP said there would be some who would...
Kids in cages.
And people wonder how suicide bombers become that way.
If you take everything away from a person, and I mean everything even dignity.
This is how you create a suicide bomber.
It will be a happy day for me when the terrorist state of israels flag comes down for the last time.
IDF... we were just following orders.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

justreleased

Of course you're correct.

I'm just saying that savage acts are carried out by both sides. It's not one sided.
I agree with you 100%.

But in this day of technology, information is our best weapon. The more awareness we can spread, about all sides, without bias, the better.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

It has nothing to do with "kids in cages".

The "war" always has been a religious thing. (Read a book.)

America puts "kids in cages" we just call them prisons so that makes it okay?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

justreleased
reply to post by g146541

Can you provide a single piece of evidence that america keeps kids in cages outdoors during winter while threatening them with sexual violence?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Honestly do a little research. There is more sexual abuse in juvenile correction facilities than in adult prisons.

Don't be so naive.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

justreleased

Honestly do a little research. There is more sexual abuse in juvenile correction facilities than in adult prisons.

Don't be so naive.

Thats not what I asked, and you know it. You compared the american justice system (in which there are many problems) to this article, which speaks of keeping children, in cages, outside during the winter, while threatening them with sexual abuse and military retribution.

They are not the same thing, and you know it.

Don't be so obtuse.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

RocksFromSpace
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

The Jews learned well from the Nazis...when Israel says "Never Again" I guess they mean not to them...

Not Jews Zionist. There are Jewish organizations that condemn what Israel is doing.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

captaintyinknots

justreleased
reply to post by g146541

Can you provide a single piece of evidence that america keeps kids in cages outdoors during winter while threatening them with sexual violence?

What would you call a prison cell if not a cage?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Cobaltic1978

captaintyinknots

justreleased
reply to post by g146541

What would you call a prison cell if not a cage?
k, now try reading the WHOLE sentence/question I posted, and not just taking one word out of it.

I am not aware of ANY prisons in america that keep children in cages outdoors during the winter. If youve got evidence otherwise, Ill gladly take a look.
edit on 2-1-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

Oh, ok it's alright then.
Never mind guys, go home, "it's ok"...
Read a book, lol.
Obviously you don't understand how terrorists are made, I learned that by reading books.
That is the wonderful thing about the terroristic Orwellian state of israel, they do a convincing job of portraying themselves as the "eternal victim"...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join