It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So cold, WTF Timmins?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So I wake up this morning, here in Timmins Ontario< only to see what they call ice fog. I havent seen it as far as i can remember and I'm 29. We broke our day record today again as we did 2 days ago. It was -41 C without windchill this morning. With the windchill it was -51 C We've had our cold weather snaps but this is day 5. What the [snip] is going on? Also from what they were spraying yesterday evening with the chemtrails everything fell on the car overnight because it all just froze and dropped. My windshield was crystal clear yesterday when I parked my mazda 3 and this morning it was covered in a greyish powder. I thought it was frost at first glance until it wasnt melting from heat inside. It was not road salt because the car was cleaned yesterday and it was clean when i last parked it. Wondering if it is the magic dust they are spraying on our beautiful sky.

edit on 2-1-2014 by Kandinsky because: bad language

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Daver2056

Hmm, it'd be cool to get some of that analyzed, find out what it is. save some aside by any chance?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Pretty cold here too. I think this is the coldest it's been so far since 89. Well, you don't have to shovel cold anyway, just shovel more money out of your wallet to feed the furnace.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Signs of Ragnarok.(not sayin I believe it)

Unbelievable cold consistently everyday here all over Canada it seems...more so then I ever remember

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Daver2056

Call Shania Twain (aka Eileen) to warm you up,

-41 is old school Canadian cold, grew up with that sort of temperature...your bones hurt but you eventually get used to it. Bundle up. lol

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
We're actually going to get nailed by a Blizzard here on Long Island....and then Friday night into Saturday, we may be in negative numbers (w/o the windchill)...I cant remember the last time we were below zero

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

You are right, I tell my kids that it looks like an old canadian winter... lol

It makes you appreciate a hot chocolate for sure!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

True. Hate to say it but we went to school (ya, ya, uphill both ways
) in such temps and survived just fine. I didn't even have snowpants because we couldn't afford them and to avoid leaks in our boots we had bread bags over our socks inside those leaky boots.

I don't recall ever wanting to go home (even after the sun went down) unless we were starving or soaking wet that it stung when our frozen jeans were so sharp it felt like they were cutting our legs.

No one picked us up after school either. Our mom's just counted to make sure everyone made it home alive for bedtime. lol

ahhh those were the days.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
i'm nowhere near you.... i'm at the bottom of the US but the weather has been nutty here this winter. it never freezes before thanksgiving but it dropped below freezing twice then it was very mild for xmas. we're having another warm up then cool down this week. the temp hasn't been remotely steady this winter. UP down UP down.

anyway, frozen fog sounds crazy.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
That gray dust is probably salt spray that's been picked up in the wind; happened all the time in NY state. I'd tell you to taste it to see but you probably don't want to do that.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I AGREE with that. I recall that frozen air fog as a child, and I am olddd lol.

it is likely the salt being shooshed about into the atomosphere from traffic or wind and it interferes with the precipitation attempting to occur at the time.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The jet stream is what pulls the cold down so far into continental USA, all the way to the southern states. It's also why the ME is getting snowed on.

If you want to see what's behind the dump of arctic air, all one needs to do is check out the many sites that carry images of the jet stream.

Here, in Southern Ontario, we're seeing record cold at the moment as well, but that pulse has been bracketed by warm, moist air coming up from the Gulf of Mexico. One day, brass monkeys are virile, the next day, they're singing all the high notes. We should see another 20 degree bump in the temps. Let's hope it doesn't bring another damaging ice storm, because I think twice last year was more than enough for one decade.

btw... I recently took a pic of Ice Fog. I'll post it here shortly.
edit on 2/1/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Ice Fog

It's a clear blue sky above, you'll notice.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

NIce pic.,

I'd have to say that seems pretty normal,

cold, wet air is the heaviest. If it got any heavier it would rain from 8ft down.

Looks like Woodstock, Ontario on a good day. lol aka, Woodstock-races, the cars pile up there because of fog like this after it was clear just minutes before then voila--all hell breaks lose.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

SynchronousSnake
Unbelievable cold consistently everyday here all over Canada it seems...more so then I ever remember

I'm somewhere in Canada, except it's warm enough for me to walk outside barefoot and not freeze.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

I've lived in Yellowknife a few winters and there, the ice fog is completely different. The crystals hang in the air everywhere and sparkle all sorts of colours and covers everything in sight. It's quite beautiful, but you never want to leave your car unplugged because you'd wind up with a car-shaped snowball that won't start.

-50Cels is not out of line up there
edit on 2/1/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Yes, it is beautiful up there.

My dad had to plug in his car too,then that stopped for a few decades, now it is back it seems. peachy.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

no u never got a chance. Next time i will for sure. Went out for a late night ice fish tonight and seen them spraying the skies, Going to wash a spot on my car and see if i can get some.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Come to Melbourne.

It's 44 degrees Celsius.

new topics

top topics

join