It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

drive with your brain power??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You've probably seen this before. I could seen pretty soon (if they don't already have this) a lot of toys being made that you could control with your mind. I'm sure kids would go wild over such a weird and wonderful toy. Plus they could exercise their brain.

But I was thinking more like, what if in the future, they've created computers with AI. Or even software that is a form of AI. Almost like inteligent macro programs (macro's look that up). So for example say you have to do a report for school. You'd say to it: "I need a 2000 word essay on the sinking of the titanic." and then add some criteria to it as well. Or you'd say "I need this that or the other thing bla bla bla". And the computer then goes out and actually does the planning of the work, and then the specific work for you. I think we're getting pretty close. We already have that ciree on the apple iphone to get you various data on the fly.

The future could have a lot of weird things: Like your driving home and you just think of what you want for dinner and you arrive and it's already been prepared for you. Or breakfast, or whatever you "think" they'll be some robot, some smart appliance, or computer that can instantly go do that job for you. It's crazy when you think about it.

Is that the kind of world you'd want to live in or not?

edit on 2-1-2014 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I bet this would solve overpopulation and overcrowded streets in a manner of years... lol

While some of the applications you mention could be nice under certain circumstances, I wouldn't deprive myself from the joy of cooking or even driving, even if driving isn't my favorite activity.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

So what happens when your driving and you and a few other drivers decide you want to move into the same lane at the same time? I hope that at they would be able to work that bug out lol

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I must be in a flippant mood tonight....but I just can't help thinking, we already drive using brain power, but if your brain is already a bit wonky, it doesn't matter what the interface is.
However if your car was controlled by a super computer brain out of your control, that might work!

edit on 2-1-2014 by smurfy because: Text ommission AKA wonky brain

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Yes! Humans are the problem with transportation safety. The solution is not to take away physical controls and give a direct line of stupid to the velocitator and deceleratrix. The solution will only come from targeting the actual root cause of the issue. Humans need to go. (In a driving sense. And no sneaky "I'm flipping it to manual mode!", Will Smith!!)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Self driving cars are the future. Google (and others) already have them. The only time the Google car was in an accident was when a human driver was behind the wheel.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I thought of this at first, as a smug, sort of smartass thing that I just naturally think of... but...

This brain controlled car is great but what if you have a seizure? A stroke? Epilepsy?

Bad idea...
edit on 4-1-2014 by madmac5150 because: Can't sleep, the clowns will eat me... Can't sleep, the clowns will eat me... Can't sleep, the clowns will eat me... Can't sleep, the clowns will eat me...

new topics

top topics

join