It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While serving warrant at wrong address cop shoots dog

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

HOLLY HILL, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35 ORLANDO) -

A dog owner is demanding a Holly Hill police officer's badge, after that officer shot his dog while serving a warrant to the wrong house.

Read more: www.myfoxorlando.com...

The dog survived.

At this point I've come to the conclusion police are under standing orders to kill pets.

But that's not the issue I want to focus on here.

This is:

The problem is; the woman doesn't live there anymore. Stotler moved in after her, and said he has no idea who the woman is.

Alright, so the law is the law and it's the most important thing in the world and must be enforced with threats of death and actual death and we must send in stacked up paramilitary forces to drag your ass out into the street at 2AM and all that wonderful stuff.

If it's so important why are warrants served quite routinely weeks, months and even years after the fact?
Further, with all that lapsing time nobody bothers to double check that person still exists or hasnt moved in all that time?

It's all just so important we need to rush in gunz-a-blazin' in a month or two?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

From the articles it looks like the cops were looking for an alleged prostitute for possible parole violations. They talked with the resident and he said he did not know her. So the cops went into his backyard and shot the dog.

Police department won't release the name of the officer.

Tragic and stupid, are police just trained to shoot all the animals when entering a property?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So the poor dog needed to be shot 3 times over a stupid prostitution warrant? Good lord, what would have happened to the lady if she had still lived there?

Overkill much? Bad shot much? (not that it was justified by any stretch!)

I'm curious about what a cops definition of lunging and jumping are. My bulldog jumps on people. Never growling or aggressive. He just wants you to pet him. Then he stops. Wonder if that might have been the case with poor lady as well.
Big difference between aggressive behavior and bad manners!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I always thought I wanted to be a cat instead of a human. Now I'm rethinking that logic.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

if you don't like it move to coast rica

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I've posted this before, but it bears repeating...

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

No. We aren't there yet. But will we be saying this to ourselves someday?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

spartacus699

Not a very patriotic sentiment.
Don't like the crap in your country ? Do not discuss it, do not try and make your country better, just move...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Um, NO!
Start going to city council meetings and demanding a new chief, one that will follow the will of the people. And bring a lot of people with you.
This crap will only stop when we make it stop. Get involved locally first, even at the township level.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

www.exposingthetruth.co...

" Law enforcement officer, James Gaffney, rightfully warns that officers who recklessly shoot these animals, need to fear potential lawsuits from the victims owners. Gaffney claims that these types of lawsuits are becoming a trend circulating in the federal circuit courts of appeal. According to Gaffney, the current trend makes it unlawful for an officer to seize a dog by deadly physical force, unless the actions taken by that officer were found to be objectively reasonable pursuant to the Fourth Amendment. "

Question is , How Many of these Instances of Policemen Killing Dogs with Deadly Force are warranted at the time ? Do most of these Cases involve Vicious Rabid Dogs that are a Danger to everybody , or just Docile Pets that in the IMAGINATION of Some Officers somehow pose a Life Threating Confrontation to them thus Justifing Shooting these Animals ?

Seems like some Animal Rights Investigators could look into the Statistics of this and provide the Public with some Answers , Yes ?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

spartacus699

Someone's in a foul mood this morning.....

I don't like it either, it's getting ridiculous the way the cops are behaving.
Are there no laws in America that protect animals? No laws against animal abuse?

I'm sure there's also people in Costa Rica that don't like it.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The dog is a Rottie and most cops are cowards with guns, when you mix the two this is what happens.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

What's the matter " slick " that cubical closing in on you ??

How about some context as to why so hatful.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

spartacus699

That's cool. Since we've established that this is what America is all about apparently we have a foundation to work up from.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OT: In a previous rental I once occupied a couple of months after moving in I woke to my dog going nuts. There were people I have never seen before standing in my living room. A school administrator, a child-services worker and two cops.

My door was locked mind you.

They let themselves in and wandered up to where I was running out wet in a towel to see what my dog was barking at.

They were there looking for some woman who hadnt lived in that apartment for six months. Someone I've never met or known and wouldnt take my word for it.

Eventually they decided to make a phone call to check and left. I wondered why they didnt make that call before the disruption.

This power or "authority" to invade the lives of others while wielding deadly force is one thing. Pairing it with willful ignorance is another. These cops and bureaucrats seem to latch onto that ignorance using it an as an excuse to search, invade and detain where they otherwise would not be able to. A backdoor around the fourth amendment and simple human decency.

The absolute certainty with which they operate is another concern. Not once did it occur to any of them that they could be in the wrong. That's what really got my blood boiling. Not just that they screwed up. People screw up. But that they couldnt admit to it even being a possibility. Bureaucrats and cops never screw up. Never. But all us regular slime just lie and lie and lie.
edit on 2-1-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

spartacus699

Seriously? That's your best advice? Why don't we paint a yellow stripe down your back right now. This is our homeland, we shouldn't have to move for peace of mind, we need to stand up to this, and fight it. We need to change our surroundings not move to new ones. Oh, and by the way, it's Costa Rica genius!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit

www.exposingthetruth.co...

" Law enforcement officer, James Gaffney, rightfully warns that officers who recklessly shoot these animals, need to fear potential lawsuits from the victims owners. Gaffney claims that these types of lawsuits are becoming a trend circulating in the federal circuit courts of appeal. According to Gaffney, the current trend makes it unlawful for an officer to seize a dog by deadly physical force, unless the actions taken by that officer were found to be objectively reasonable pursuant to the Fourth Amendment. "

Question is , How Many of these Instances of Policemen Killing Dogs with Deadly Force are warranted at the time ? Do most of these Cases involve Vicious Rabid Dogs that are a Danger to everybody , or just Docile Pets that in the IMAGINATION of Some Officers somehow pose a Life Threating Confrontation to them thus Justifing Shooting these Animals ?

Seems like some Animal Rights Investigators could look into the Statistics of this and provide the Public with some Answers , Yes ?

What LEO's really need to fear is the loss of their own life when they break into someones house, and shoot family members. That's where we are going to drive the fear home in them. Blood for blood I say!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

You gone went and done it, you fed the troll...
Obviously he was brain damaged or his little sister got ahold of his password for something so stupid to be said.

Onto the OP, In the event what is precious to me was taken, I would visit the same tenfold upon the offending officer.
I would take what they hold precious, anything, yep even them.
Making an example causes folks to think.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Was doing a bit more thinking about this, and the point the OP wanted to focus on. Would it not be very simple for the police to do a verification with either A) the property owner, if it is a rental, or B) the utility company?

Granted, a criminal MAY have a significant other put their name on either of those, but at least suspicion should be cast if the lease or utilities were no longer in criminals name, to the point where they should have to do a bit more digging.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You think the cops really give a crap they shot a dog at a house where they served a warrant looking for someone that dont live there? LMAO!!!
Nothing will happen to that cop, hell they shoot the wrong people all the time during warrant serves at wrong houses, and its deemed 'justified'.
There will be no justice for Lady, unless the owner does it himself.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Interesting:
They paid the vet bills?

So, if they really did do this, what, if anything would they have done if she died? And is this suppose to make everything they did wrong in this situation ok?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Badges are REDCOATS

in EVERY shape and fashion conceivable.

Why the militarization of cops?

because when the majority of people figure this out,, Uh-Oh.,,

I have been screaming this for years..

Sure, there were probably some real nice british agent Redcoats during the 1770's. Sure, some of them were probably real nice guys, with good families at home..

DID THAT MATTER at ALL to the Patriots?.

Should the fact that "some are good guys" interfere with the REALITY?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join