It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Contractor Blamed for Slow Medicare Payments to Hospitals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
For those looking to start the new year pointing fingers at the US govt, Democrats, Obama[care], here you go. A story posted today about the failed health care site being the root cause for missed Medicare payments to hospitals causing hospital staff to go without pay for weeks!! Just imagine going to work everyday & not getting paid. Those bills are stacking up, the holidays just passed, & lots of hard working folks didn't get paid.

www.weeklystandard.com...

The contractor building the financial management system for Healthcare.gov is being blamed by a Houston hospital for delayed Medicare reimbursements that have caused the hospital to miss payrolls for weeks. Novitas Solutions is the federal government's new Medicare payment processor for the south-central region of the country hired by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), a division of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS.) ABC-KTRK in Houston reports:

According to the CEO Jason Leday, more than 150 employees haven't been paid in nearly a month. "I understand that they have children and a house payment, bills. Not getting paid is wow," nearby resident Theresa Gutierrez said. The hospital is strapped for cash not because its not making money, but because Leday says a new Medicare payment facilitator named Novitas Solutions is taking too way long to pay out Medicare claims to the hospital.

Leday says he's owed nearly $3 million in payments from Medicare and can't make payroll... The Texas Medical Association says they are familiar with complaints like this one regarding the medicare payment facilitator- and a representative told us smaller community hospitals like this one are in similar situations.

How much was spent on this website? I read reports ranging from $300 to 500 million dollars. What's the problem here?
edit on 2-1-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
My guess would be 'Healthcare.gov' is owned/operated by one of obummer/michelles' friends.....
No matter which party is in office, they always reward cronies with our tax dollars.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Isn't it about time for the IRS to start to fine people who have tried and not been able to get Obamacare.

I think the insanity has just begun.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
But hey! Let's go single payer and let these clowns run it all. They do so well with Medicare ...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Sounds like they need to ask Obama a question.

"If we like our paychecks, can we keep them?"

new topics

top topics

join